SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 06, 2011, 05:32 PM
Joined Jan 2009
104 Posts
Discussion
Recording out of a HD cam

Hi...
I'm enjoying FPV and would like to record video...
I have a HD camera on the plane but what I get on the ground is far from HD of course... I could record that but...
So I'd love to record locally on the plane, but getting the video from the osd itself, i.e. the same signal which then goes to the video transmitter, including osd info.
Is it just a matter of connecting a wire or...?
Alternatively, I'd have to record on something like Flycamone, but of course I wouldnt get the OSD on it...
Thanks
fabmic is offline Find More Posts by fabmic
to remove ads between posts
Old May 07, 2011, 12:55 AM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,958 Posts
Not sure exactly what you're getting at here, why do you have an HD camera on the plane unless you planned on recording with it? What kind of camera are you using?

I use a Gopro and it records HD video while I watch its SD output on the ground. I assume this is what you want to do?
Glenstr is offline Find More Posts by Glenstr
Old May 07, 2011, 01:21 PM
Joined Jan 2009
104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenstr View Post
Not sure exactly what you're getting at here, why do you have an HD camera on the plane unless you planned on recording with it? What kind of camera are you using?

I use a Gopro and it records HD video while I watch its SD output on the ground. I assume this is what you want to do?
It's a Sony Kx171 HQ.
Yes it's what I want to do, but while I can see the video feed on the ground, I really don't know how to simultaneously record it.
I'm not interested in recording what I get on the ground, as of course it won't be HD...
I have an Airwave video tx with EZOsd to superimpose flight data.
Thanks
Old May 09, 2011, 10:18 AM
Joined Jan 2009
104 Posts
I understand I should use a video splitter + some recording device, so the video signal could be sent both to the transmitter AND to the recorder.
Of course I would need something very light and simple, to record video on a memory card...