Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Kenpilot, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 05, 2011, 08:31 PM
Joined May 2006
819 Posts
Discussion
Lanyu Cub w/RCGF 15cc maiden flight

Had the new Lanyu 82" Cub out for a maiden on Monday, cut short by a call from the nurses office about my son not feeling well at school. Had to leave after a short 5 minute maiden flight. Good thing the flight was short because one of the wing strut mounts broke in flight. If it had stayed up much longer, it may have let go...who knows.

I had to modify the wing struts with a stronger mount. Used some robart hinges and some 30 minute epoxy, but not sure that will hold up so I ordered a set of World Models struts to modify for this aircraft.

With some more free time next week, hopefully will get a couple of good flying days to really run in this engine properly.
Kenpilot is offline Find More Posts by Kenpilot
to remove ads between posts