Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by raglafart, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 05, 2011, 07:35 PM
Australia, NSW, Lane Cove West
Joined Jul 2008
265 Posts
Discussion
Vintage Model Boat & Ship plans

There are clearly some interesting and neat plans for Boats and ships. Would this be the perfect place to start a collection of these.
I like boats too
Sadly I don't have any plans to post at this stage, but maybe later
raglafart is offline Find More Posts by raglafart
to remove ads between posts
Old May 05, 2011, 08:52 PM
Joined Jul 2005
1,872 Posts
There are a couple of web-sites that are of a nautical nature. All have plans available.

Wm.
coosbaylumber is offline Find More Posts by coosbaylumber
Old May 05, 2011, 11:57 PM
AMA 667982 KG7NKY
Tucson, AZ, USA
Joined Sep 2000
1,960 Posts
OK, I'll start. I took the pdf's of Tug Boat Annie and combined them into one pdf.
starcad is offline Find More Posts by starcad
Old May 06, 2011, 04:09 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Oct 2006
437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raglafart View Post
There are clearly some interesting and neat plans for Boats and ships. Would this be the perfect place to start a collection of these.

Umm...No, it wouldn't. Because it's under the Aircraft top-level section.

There are now

1 - a 'Vintage Boat Plans' thread under Boats/Sailboats
2 - Vintage Boat plans under Aircraft Exotic/Vintage and Old-Timer/Vintage and Old-Timer Plans (with people complaining!)
3 - Vintage Boat Plans under Aircraft Exotic/Vintage and Old-Timer/Discussion Vintage Model Boat and Ship Plans

and probably more if we knew where to look....

I suggest that we ask the site admin to provide a top-level section under Boats, probably called Vintage and Old-Time, just like the aircraft. Does anyone know how to make such a request?

In the meantime, here are a couple of shots of the 'plans' for a 1950s UK 'FELTRA' kit...
dodgy is offline Find More Posts by dodgy
Old May 06, 2011, 11:58 AM
Joined Jan 2009
1,410 Posts
Thanks!! That hydro ski boat intrigued the tar out of me when it came out. I had a subscription to American Modeler since age 9,('59) until it became the official publication of the AMA.
packardpursuit is online now Find More Posts by packardpursuit
Old May 06, 2011, 03:10 PM
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
11,844 Posts
There are is a scale boat forum here on RCG. They even have a "Woodies" section,
E-Challenged is online now Find More Posts by E-Challenged
Old May 06, 2011, 03:15 PM
Joined Jul 2005
1,872 Posts
As per #6 above,

I may have you out ranked, I got Amer. Modeler back into the middle 1950's here, ran it until about 1967 then it was on to American Aircraft Modeler until their demise with the founding of latest version of Model Aviation magazine. My subscription did not begin until about late in 1963.

There are a number of places now selling old plans for model boats (even in the U.K.) as a number of the web-sites often refer to the original location in some publication. I am a big Berkeley boats follower, used them for years now and even scanned a few of the old plans obtained via SIG. Does not take much looking to locate such on the internet anymore.

Wm.
coosbaylumber is offline Find More Posts by coosbaylumber
Old May 07, 2011, 05:16 PM
Joined Jun 2006
122 Posts
The Tug Plumgarth

From Model Boats magazine
nibor is offline Find More Posts by nibor
Old May 13, 2011, 06:42 AM
Newport News, Va
Joined Sep 2004
640 Posts
dodgy, That's a pretty big boat for a model. I think you forgot to assign the correct dpi. Thanks.
Gene
rchopper56 is offline Find More Posts by rchopper56
Old May 13, 2011, 07:19 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Ilkley, West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2008
3,504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgy View Post
Here are the plan and build instructions for a Ron Warring model of 'Brave Moppie', from the Meccano Magazine of 1966...
"Next Month: Fitting out and finishing the hull & motorising"....

Do you have the following month's instalment; this looks quite a good boat to (over)power!
Colonel Blink is offline Find More Posts by Colonel Blink
Old May 15, 2011, 12:27 PM
Joined Feb 2009
822 Posts
If you are into runabouts and speedboats including some of the rarest; ClassicWoodenBoatModels on yahoo groups or workboats; ClassicWorkboatModels on yahoo groups. There are no charges for anything. Our goal is to provide an information
source that will promote the history of these boats and provide modelers with the knowledge to build them.
Nederlander is offline Find More Posts by Nederlander
Old May 15, 2011, 02:04 PM
Bradford West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Apr 2010
1,625 Posts
Now that someones got this moved away from the other plan source, what about making it into a "sticky" before it gets lost?

Regards Ian.
Circlip is offline Find More Posts by Circlip
Old May 15, 2011, 04:29 PM
Joined Feb 2009
822 Posts
Plans for the 1800's steam tug Weymouth are here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...96&postcount=4
Nederlander is offline Find More Posts by Nederlander