SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 04, 2011, 11:42 AM
Suspended Account
UK, Buckinghamshire, High Wycombe
Joined Feb 2007
4,133 Posts
you know in that film the matrix where Neo says "i know kung fu"?? who thought i had given up on the whole multi wii thing?

heres a vid with a few pix showing how it developed

Celebrating My 1st year flying multi rotor helicopters with NEW builds Flying kk Black Board N3M1S1S (6 min 49 sec)

and heres a vid of the 1st days testing

Arduino + Nintendo Wii Motion Plus + Nunchuk = MultiWii BlackBox Quadcopter N3M1S1S (8 min 5 sec)

and for the record no soldering was required though i am learning to solder now lol
n3m1s1s is offline Find More Posts by n3m1s1s
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2011, 08:55 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2007
4,133 Posts
day 2 of testing looked like this

N-Droid Simplicity Arduino MultiWii Quadcopter day two of tuning N3M1S1S (6 min 25 sec)
Old Jul 17, 2011, 08:57 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2007
4,133 Posts
by day 3 things were looking very nice indeed

N-Droid Simplicity Arduino MultiWii Quadcopter day three of tuning N3M1S1S (7 min 17 sec)
Old Aug 18, 2011, 03:36 AM
My RC builds in my profile.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
2,572 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben123 View Post
Ello Nem

How about Witespy's Quadrino?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...6#post18157136

Looks good to me but I've never tried it

Ben
love mine. best controller yet out of FY90Q, Paris 3.0, UAVX, and Arducopter.
daign is offline Find More Posts by daign
Old Aug 18, 2011, 08:59 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2007
4,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daign View Post
love mine. best controller yet out of FY90Q, Paris 3.0, UAVX, and Arducopter.
could you tell me more on why tthis board is so good please? like why is it better than UAVX and Arducopter? and paris v3 for that matter i would of thought any multiwii board with same sensorswould fly the same regardless of board layout?
Old Aug 18, 2011, 03:55 PM
My RC builds in my profile.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
2,572 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3m1s1s View Post
could you tell me more on why tthis board is so good please? like why is it better than UAVX and Arducopter? and paris v3 for that matter i would of thought any multiwii board with same sensorswould fly the same regardless of board layout?
UAVX wont work worth a damn unless you like to build RS232 cables from 1969 to it to your computer and love to sift through thousands of pages of incorrect information.

With Quadrino, it has every sensor out there but GPS. Load up Multiwiicopter code of your choosing and fly. Out of the box it barely needs tuning, is well documented, and the multicopter platform is well documented and thought out.

You'll be flying out of the box. And witespy has amazing customer support, not to mention a great guy.

Even with the Arducopter I have right now, I don't have a guy calling me trying to diagnose stuff over the phone.
daign is offline Find More Posts by daign
Old Aug 19, 2011, 09:27 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2007
4,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daign View Post
UAVX wont work worth a damn unless you like to build RS232 cables from 1969 to it to your computer and love to sift through thousands of pages of incorrect information.

With Quadrino, it has every sensor out there but GPS. Load up Multiwiicopter code of your choosing and fly. Out of the box it barely needs tuning, is well documented, and the multicopter platform is well documented and thought out.

You'll be flying out of the box. And witespy has amazing customer support, not to mention a great guy.

Even with the Arducopter I have right now, I don't have a guy calling me trying to diagnose stuff over the phone.
cheers bruv i do like multiwii myself and have a few versions now but also have a uavx board to get going over the winter its all built with cables and gps just not installed in anything yet
Old Aug 19, 2011, 09:58 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2007
4,133 Posts
quick update i now have the following lineup for flight controllers let me know what you think good or bad

kk black board v5.5 with flymentor

minsoo kin blue board with helicommand 3d

fy90q (in the post)

homebrew shi lankan shield with 2009 chip clone wm+ and clone nunchuk

arduino 2009 with v4.1 shield official wm+ and nunchuk

jussi 1.0 shield with pro mini official wm+ an bma020

v2 alex/warthox board with ffimu gyro acc and baro

custom muitiwii With built in PPM encoder bluetooth ITG3200 gyro acc baro mag and USB on board

flyduino mega black with sensor bob and ffimu

uavx erm looks complete with gyros mag baro and gps? plus spaghetti lol

arduino mega 2560 and proto shield?
Old Jan 04, 2012, 02:32 AM
Joined Apr 2009
150 Posts
IMHO Quadrino is the best choice for a Mwii board, I have one and the board is an high quality built, it is a "ready to go" board perfect for beginner but also great for professional purposes. I have a big experience on Mikrokopters (more than 40 builded) but for me Quadrino was really a nice surprise.
lucamaxco is offline Find More Posts by lucamaxco
Old Jan 09, 2012, 10:38 AM
Joined Dec 2011
14 Posts
stm32

"stm32 tech is the way forward but if you still like multiwii like myself these boards below"

n3m1s1s, keep us posted on stm32. What does it have onboard that other options don't? and where to purchase?

I'm working now on an elcheapo (hardwood) frame with my son following your frugal lead, but am doing my research on the FC board to order.

We'll practice flying first, but will quickly work toward mounting a camera since that is what enjoy so much in viewing others' vids.

I've got the quad bug bad, can't wait to have my first built unit to fly/crash!
jdg239 is offline Find More Posts by jdg239