SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 09, 2011, 08:35 AM
Suspended Account
UK, Buckinghamshire, High Wycombe
Joined Feb 2007
4,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben123 View Post
Where are you up to with your Arduino Nem? You should be able to get it in the air today with what you have

Ben.
Quote:
Where are you up to with your Arduino Nem? You should be able to get it in the air today with what you have

Ben.
erm im sat ere looking at the arduino a bit stumped to be honest bruv looking at the sheild it looks like a0 a1 a2 a3 a4 a5 could be where i plug in the rx?

then plug motors into 0 1 2 3 on the above row? lost

did manage to get an original nunchuk though so ive wired that to a second wm+ that i can test once im up and running

and the v2's beginning

n3m1s1s is offline Find More Posts by n3m1s1s
Last edited by n3m1s1s; May 09, 2011 at 10:39 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old May 09, 2011, 08:43 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2007
4,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8Chuck View Post
This thread started out as "Plug-N-Play" then there was mention of two KK boards, plug this into that, upgrade the firmware to this, build this cable to plug in that, what part of this is "Plug-N-Play?"

So I guess the only Plug-N-Play controller is the GU344?

I would think someone would make a killing if they could build a true Plug-N-Play solution that was stable with altitude/position and hold or auto level.
true bruv but thats my scatty brain lol i am doing two things here at the minute

1/ shopping for plug n play boards (so far bought a pipo imu and 2 kk black boards)

2/ having a go at knocking up my own flight controller slowly while i wait for these new boards to arrive

once i have a good selection working on my latest quad in the videos (925kv) i will try them all on 600kv motors and see what is most stable at low kv once ive sorted that i will start building a new quad and tri with dt700 kv motors and be a happy chappy
Old May 09, 2011, 08:50 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2007
4,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by witespy View Post
this is what I was talking about, pictured without pins, they all come with pins installed..

yes this was the 1st board on my list and i was going to buy it and pipo imu then try others later but a mix up in my emails left me thinking it wasnt plug n play so i bought other boards instead bit gutted actually witespy ithink you thought i meant your flyduino? and not this board from my 1st email?
Old May 09, 2011, 10:52 AM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,273 Posts
n3m1s1s. I was messaging you about this board. Yes It is shipping today.

The flyduino is different. It is not a Full Flight controller.

w
witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
Last edited by witespy; May 09, 2011 at 07:16 PM.
Old May 09, 2011, 10:57 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2007
4,133 Posts
Quote:
n3m1s1s. I was messing you about this board. Yes It is shipping today.

The flyduino is different. It is not even a Full Flight controller. Why would you buy that? Now you have to buy all the sensors and wire them up... lame!

Return that rubbish

w
GOOD STUFF my dilemma right now is this, im all spent out for the next few weeks and not sure i can raise the money in time to still get in on the 1st batch definitely want one though
Old May 09, 2011, 11:03 AM
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Copenhagen
Joined May 2010
1,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3m1s1s View Post
erm plug n play bruv? the rtf version is permanently out of stock
Sell all your other projects (I know you have done alot of them :P) and you could afford an MK platform

But yeah, I guess we are far away from both rtf/plug-n-play and the 100 usd. But the wobble/vibration would be history, because you have so many parameters to tune, that (almost) no matter what config you throw at it, you'll get it to fly as it should
wizprod is offline Find More Posts by wizprod
Old May 09, 2011, 11:03 AM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,273 Posts
no worries!
witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
Old May 09, 2011, 11:06 AM
NW England
Joined Jul 2005
620 Posts
Hey Nem.

Seems from this picture:

You have the wm+ plugged in correctly (if white is +ve, black is GND, green is SDA and blue is SCL)

Motors into Digital 3, 9, 10 and 11, and RX into 2,4,5,6,7 (see picture below).

Remember to only plug in power from 1 of the ESC becs ... i think people pull the red wire out of the esc plug by pulling the little plastic clip forward, then they tape/shrink wrap it to the cable.

GVS on the board marks the Ground, VCC (5v) and Signal pins.

Although I'm not actually sure if you can put power from one of the ESCs directly into VCC? Is there a voltage regulator on the Arudino 2009? Not sure how it all works. Can someone with more knowledge then me chip in?

Ben.
ben123 is offline Find More Posts by ben123
Last edited by ben123; May 09, 2011 at 11:13 AM.
Old May 09, 2011, 11:23 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,397 Posts
Quote:
n3m1s1s. I was messaging you about this board. Yes It is shipping today.

The flyduino is different. It is not even a Full Flight controller. Why would you buy that? Now you have to buy all the sensors and wire them up... lame!

Return that rubbish

w
Why do you call the Flyduino "rubbish"?
Can yours fly others than tri or quads? Have a flight video? What's the price?
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old May 09, 2011, 11:50 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2007
4,133 Posts
Quote:
Hey Nem.

Seems from this picture:

You have the wm+ plugged in correctly (if white is +ve, black is GND, green is SDA and blue is SCL)

Motors into Digital 3, 9, 10 and 11, and RX into 2,4,5,6,7 (see picture below).

Remember to only plug in power from 1 of the ESC becs ... i think people pull the red wire out of the esc plug by pulling the little plastic clip forward, then they tape/shrink wrap it to the cable.

GVS on the board marks the Ground, VCC (5v) and Signal pins.

Although I'm not actually sure if you can put power from one of the ESCs directly into VCC? Is there a voltage regulator on the Arudino 2009? Not sure how it all works. Can someone with more knowledge then me chip in?

Ben.
ohh that is a wonderful picture TY Ben understood instantly and yes you are correct about the colour scheme and chance you could label the four wires as well for future reference please? saying where they should connect to the wm+? t,ia
Old May 09, 2011, 11:52 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2007
4,133 Posts
oh and do the motors plug in the same way regardless of if you fly X or +?
Old May 09, 2011, 12:14 PM
NW England
Joined Jul 2005
620 Posts
Hi Nem.

No Probs

The motors connect the same for both X and +. Just the arrangement differs like this :

+ :

x :

You can see all the configurations here :

http://www.multiwii.com/?page_id=103

From looking at other peoples Ardunio 2009 setups I think you have to put the power from your ESC bec into the 5v and GND pins right next to where I've marked "WM+ GND" on the sensor shield picture above

Ben.
ben123 is offline Find More Posts by ben123
Old May 09, 2011, 04:47 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2007
4,133 Posts
Quote:
Hi Nem.

No Probs

The motors connect the same for both X and +. Just the arrangement differs like this :

+ :

x :

You can see all the configurations here :

http://www.multiwii.com/?page_id=103

From looking at other peoples Ardunio 2009 setups I think you have to put the power from your ESC bec into the 5v and GND pins right next to where I've marked "WM+ GND" on the sensor shield picture above

Ben.
diamond geeza TY
Old May 09, 2011, 04:48 PM
FPV = Fun Powered Vehicle
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Apr 2011
168 Posts
Ben,

Great pictures! Very informative! Keep up the great work!

Cheers
LokeyFPV is offline Find More Posts by LokeyFPV
Old May 09, 2011, 06:14 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
This is all you have to wire up yourself.

The Flyduino is modular and will allow future sensor upgrades and of course the CPU is more capable regarding the ins and outs.
The Flyduino is a pretty well tested unit.

A very simple and nice and very cheap build (WMP only) with the very stiff Flyduspider frame.
FlyduSpider with Flyduino FC (2 min 43 sec)
Goofy23 is offline Find More Posts by Goofy23
Last edited by Goofy23; May 10, 2011 at 12:11 AM.