HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 06, 2011, 06:33 PM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
I don't think flyfuino counts as plug n play.
Witespy board ftw
Thank you timecop .

Quadrino will be shipping on Monday.

Closest to plug and play they come. So smooth. Fast cycle rate .

How did I miss this thread.
witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
to remove ads between posts
Old May 06, 2011, 06:33 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,692 Posts
IMO, the absolutely the easiest thing to do with the shield that you are using is, shown here in this post.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=77

and to make a cable as shown in this post.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=73

At present, no one I have knowledge of has a shield for the Arduino Duemilanove, I want to make one but I have not advanced to that stage yet.
rimshotcopter is online now Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Old May 06, 2011, 07:21 PM
Suspended Account
UK, Buckinghamshire, High Wycombe
Joined Feb 2007
4,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by witespy View Post
Thank you timecop .

Quadrino will be shipping on Monday.

Closest to plug and play they come. So smooth. Fast cycle rate .

How did I miss this thread.
so what needs to be done to your board to make rtf please bruv? i thought you just hadto add radio gear and go fly?
n3m1s1s is offline Find More Posts by n3m1s1s
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 06, 2011, 07:22 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2007
4,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverendrichie View Post
IMO, the absolutely the easiest thing to do with the shield that you are using is, shown here in this post.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=77

and to make a cable as shown in this post.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=73

At present, no one I have knowledge of has a shield for the Arduino Duemilanove, I want to make one but I have not advanced to that stage yet.
Rev can you give me a detailed explaination of what you did please?
Old May 06, 2011, 07:40 PM
aka Helidaho
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,663 Posts
It might be pushing your budget just a tad but I think the Hoverfly Sport is going to be a nice little plug-n-play board for $225 USD which is roughly £135.

http://www.hoverflytech.com/hoverflysport.html

Paul
AeroVideoUS is online now Find More Posts by AeroVideoUS
Old May 06, 2011, 07:47 PM
Gravity sucks :)
Indonesia
Joined Jul 2005
924 Posts
Hoverfly sport is a gyro only board, no acc, the quadrino board that witespy sells is a better option.
ddmt is offline Find More Posts by ddmt
Old May 06, 2011, 11:44 PM
aka Helidaho
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,663 Posts
just because it has accelerometers doesn't necessarily make it a better board. I've got a Fy90Q with accelerometers and I have to admit I get better video from my Gu344 which is gyros only. The FY90Q is better in acrobat mode than it is in full level mode using the accelerometers. I think the code controlling the board can do a lot. I may be biased but I have a hoverfly pro and I was thoroughly impressed with gyro mode, it was better than any controller I have tried thus far...

I haven't tried the sport but if it's anything like the pro without the accelerometers, it will be a big hit! Especially from a plug-n-play standpoint!

Paul
AeroVideoUS is online now Find More Posts by AeroVideoUS
Old May 07, 2011, 12:25 AM
Gravity sucks :)
Indonesia
Joined Jul 2005
924 Posts
Yup, true, PnP really is the hoverfly strength. If you like to tinker a bit, multiwii is pretty good
ddmt is offline Find More Posts by ddmt
Old May 07, 2011, 07:06 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2007
4,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helidaho View Post
It might be pushing your budget just a tad but I think the Hoverfly Sport is going to be a nice little plug-n-play board for $225 USD which is roughly £135.

http://www.hoverflytech.com/hoverflysport.html

Paul
yep i was looking at that board but to me it looks like i should get the hoverfly pro if im going down that route eh? i can see myself getting the sport and complaining coz i got the wrong thing for AVP though it might play nicely with a helicommand
Old May 07, 2011, 07:10 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2007
4,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmt View Post
Yup, true, PnP really is the hoverfly strength. If you like to tinker a bit, multiwii is pretty good
yep going down that route too hopefully but with arduino base so i can experiment a bit (very noob on the subject right now though)
Old May 07, 2011, 07:17 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2007
4,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben123 View Post
No problems

"kind of borrow" heheh

You're Wii motion plus is the same one as here :

So using the connections on the left you know what to connect to your nunchuk (the two connections marked as "3v3 Vcc" separated by the SCL should be connected together, it lets the WM+ know a nunchuck is connected).

Now the order of the connections might differ on your nunchuck. Looking at this diagram from www.multiwii.com, if Alex is using an original nunchuck too, should help

Good luck!

Ben.
so i wired up the wm+ with long leads (dunno final placement yet) glues the wire that were soldered to the board to protect them turned the house upside down looking for the nunchuck only to find out the missus got rid of the wii months ago oh well.......

erm is there anything i can do with just the wm+ and arduino while i wait? or should i just wait till more parts arrive?
Old May 07, 2011, 12:20 PM
NW England
Joined Jul 2005
620 Posts
Hey Nem.

The arduino and wm+ will work on their own you just won't have autolevel.

Ben.
ben123 is offline Find More Posts by ben123
Old May 07, 2011, 02:06 PM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben123 View Post
Hey Nem.

The arduino and wm+ will work on their own you just won't have autolevel.

Ben.
I second that. I have a spare Arduino Pro (full size board, not the mini) and decided to play around. It works fine as a controller board without auto level. Auto level is a nice feature but I don't use it a lot so why not just have a simple flight controller for flying.
SeismicCWave is online now Find More Posts by SeismicCWave
Old May 07, 2011, 02:40 PM
NW England
Joined Jul 2005
620 Posts
Just gyro stabilisation on it's own surprised me how stable it was. As a total noob to rc aircraft before the quad bug bit me I thought flying one without autolevel would be like fighting a tiger whilst riding a unicycle while drunk. But even I can get a quad to hover precisely in one place with just gyros is probably more of a statement about multiwiis stability then my 'skillz'

Ben.
ben123 is offline Find More Posts by ben123
Old May 07, 2011, 03:11 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2007
4,133 Posts
oh well in that case whats my next arduino step please??

side note again so far i have ordered 1x pipo controller 2x kk black boards and 2 arduino v4 sheilds

i did email witespy about his board but think he thought i meant his flyduino? as he emailed back saying it wasnt plug n play gutted but still looking for more options so keep em coming while i fiddle with the arduino stuff ( i need to learn how to at least flash new firmwares onto the board and to me it looks like the kk and arduino boards are perfect teachers)