HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 22, 2012, 07:25 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Oh.. And hes not a hk associate or anything so he doeent really care about their customers. If the engine has probs he will say it. If there is too much consumptio he will say it.. Dont worry.. Just be patient. Im going to run my l59 on the bench tomorrow and see what numbers i get with the het 700-68-1400 and the cs12 fan on 8s. ..that will keep me busy while we wait for bruce.
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 22, 2012, 09:44 AM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,032 Posts
DIY Cruise Missile Pt1 (7 min 11 sec)

DIY Cruise Missile Pt2 (6 min 51 sec)

Read the bottom line in Bruce's post Pav...
vettster is offline Find More Posts by vettster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Im selling my 220mph jet
Old Jul 22, 2012, 11:33 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Okay... So...???
Old Jul 22, 2012, 02:39 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,032 Posts
So he said he would push everything else aside and just get the HK turbine running.. That was 6 WEEKS AGO!!!! I started mine last night after it was instorage for 9months. Charged the batteries put fresh fuel in and fired it up in less than an hour. This guy takes 6 weeks???? and it it still hasnt run. What gives..

bottom line is... they should have given it to a Turbine Jockey and not an engineer.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 22, 2012, 03:55 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Whatever vettster. I dont see any purpose to this my self. This might as well and most probably be a made up story by ur mind. No offense
Old Jul 22, 2012, 05:26 PM
Balsa and Foam can Coexist
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Feb 2010
1,900 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettster View Post
So he said he would push everything else aside and just get the HK turbine running.. That was 6 WEEKS AGO!!!! I started mine last night after it was instorage for 9months. Charged the batteries put fresh fuel in and fired it up in less than an hour. This guy takes 6 weeks???? and it it still hasnt run. What gives..

bottom line is... they should have given it to a Turbine Jockey and not an engineer.
Wow give the guy a break he is doing this on his own time and is working on donations through his website. Why are you so impatient!?

Ethan
WAGliderGuy is offline Find More Posts by WAGliderGuy
Old Jul 22, 2012, 06:27 PM
Joined Aug 2007
4,067 Posts
Most companies wont give out alpha/preproduction info since it it so early in the game, let alone give the world a sneak peek at it so I'll be content enough to wait.
RCvertt is offline Find More Posts by RCvertt
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Chupacabra sighting !!!
Old Jul 26, 2012, 08:10 AM
Joined Aug 2007
4,067 Posts
Been reading up on how the Kingtech can run on diesel. Would be interested in if this can use diesel and how much more thrust it creates with it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 26, 2012, 08:25 AM
Go FASST or go home...
Bergen, Norway
Joined Nov 2002
3,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCvertt View Post
Been reading up on how the Kingtech can run on diesel. Would be interested in if this can use diesel and how much more thrust it creates with it.
Most turbines can run on Jet A1, kerosene and diesel... But the different producers have different recommendations and specifications on the preferred fuel to burn.
The HK turbine, is it a true HK turbine or is it a derivative of some of the established producers? I hope they have paired up with someone who knows what they are doing or less they may not hit the market with this one....

We'll just have to wait and see...

Ben_E
Ben_E is offline Find More Posts by Ben_E
Old Jul 26, 2012, 09:32 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
what Ben Said
but since it has a prototype I doubt if it's anlready established product renamed like their other products

but there were rumors that there are many manufacturers that they get their parts from.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:30 AM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,032 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_E View Post
Most turbines can run on Jet A1, kerosene and diesel... But the different producers have different recommendations and specifications on the preferred fuel to burn.
The HK turbine, is it a true HK turbine or is it a derivative of some of the established producers? I hope they have paired up with someone who knows what they are doing or less they may not hit the market with this one....

We'll just have to wait and see...

Ben_E
The rumor mill suggest that the parts are German and from a well known manufactor..Robbie. Are they assembling the engines for HK? your guess is as good as mine.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 01, 2012, 03:51 AM
Joined Aug 2007
4,067 Posts
Looks like we have a ladybird review and some long awaited first person view backpack videos available now so I guess the weather isn't that great for starting a turbine yet. Hope he goes step by step on how to fuel up, start and operate this beast for turbine newbs like me. If any turbine can run on diesel, then maybe not with this prototype but as they get closer to a production model I wouldn't mind hearing his thoughts on how this turbine runs on different fuels be it diesel, karo, gas or a deadly combination there of. Can a karo start turbine run on diesel or only propane start turbines can run on diesel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettster View Post
The rumor mill suggest that the parts are German and from a well known manufactor..Robbie. Are they assembling the engines for HK? your guess is as good as mine.
Who is Robbie? Can't find the company on the interweb. Thought the name sounded familiar but I think I'm confusing them with the Robart retract company.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 01, 2012, 04:59 AM
I like to scratch
United Kingdom, Leicester
Joined May 2008
139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCvertt View Post
Who is Robbie? Can't find the company on the interweb. Thought the name sounded familiar but I think I'm confusing them with the Robart retract company.
I think you want Robbe.
http://www.robbe.de

If you search youtube using the words robbe turbines you get a few videos of them. I cannot find any on robbe website though.

Paul
paul74 is offline Find More Posts by paul74
Old Aug 01, 2012, 12:33 PM
Joined Aug 2007
4,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul74 View Post
...If you search youtube using the words robbe turbines you get a few videos of them...
Thanks. I like the blue anodized look that they use. Much better than the pink/purple stuff. We want this thing to be light on the wallet so maybe they should leave out the fancy anodizing on this one.

Hope he goes step by step on how to get this thing running for us turbine newbs.

Can a karo start turbine run on diesel or does it have to be a propane starter in order to work with diesel?
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 02, 2012, 12:22 AM
Australia
Joined Jun 2009
1,045 Posts
they should have also sent one to Al from Al's Hobbies, he would have put about 50 flights on it by now lol

how is Bruce going with this any word yet?
spyda00 is offline Find More Posts by spyda00