SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:16 PM
Airliner Builder
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Feb 2010
1,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCvertt View Post
WAGliderGuy, sorry about that. The not needing wavers thing was meant sarcastically. Doesn't always come across that way in typed sentences.

I tried google to find a list of AMA sanctioned places to fly to see if my site was one of them but it didn't seam to help me out much. I wouldn't really want to fly at a place that wasn't sanctioned and would keep my eyes open perhaps a little more if I knew uninsured people could fly turbines in the area.

I personally think you should have to show proof of AMA membership to a retailer before you can purchase one.
Whoops sorry I thought you wanted to fly at a unsanctioned field - I totally agree with what you are saying. Hopefully HK includes some kind of bold line in the manual explaining the rules like JetCat does. Unfortunately, the AMA field/club I fly at dosan't allow turbines because of some apartments that were just built near the pattern Nearest paved runway is a two hour ferry ride away so I won't be getting one of these.
WAGliderGuy is online now Find More Posts by WAGliderGuy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:20 PM
Joined Aug 2007
4,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudflying View Post
You mean I cant strap it to my umx mig 15 and fly it at the ball field?
Don't take this the wrong way but I hope not

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyda00 View Post
even if turbines come down in price i doubt you will see them in the hands of the masses...
I hope a few yahoos with $$$ to burn don't mess it up for the rest. I've seen some youtube videos where there is no way the guy would ever get his waver. It's as if landing the thing in a decent manner isn't part of flying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAGliderGuy View Post
Hopefully HK includes some kind of bold line in the manual explaining the rules like JetCat does...
All good. Easily interpreted as such by what I wrote. I agree. HK definitely has to mention the waver thing in their adds for the product. That should take care of some of the problems before they start. I'll have to get my skills up a little as well.
RCvertt is offline Find More Posts by RCvertt
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by RCvertt; Jul 02, 2012 at 09:51 PM.
Old Jul 04, 2012, 10:51 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
I think you all need to move to cyprus.. Small place... There are fields to fly turbines and the farthest which is a dry salt lake its just 40minutes from the center of the island
All you need is just a membership at any club which includes insurance
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Jul 04, 2012, 10:52 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Double post
Old Jul 07, 2012, 01:55 PM
Falkland Islands
Joined Dec 2010
64 Posts
I dont think many idiots can be bothered to spend lots of money on a turbine....let alone get that involved with flying them.

I think some bad landings on Ytube could be down to nerves, maiden flights etc...not used to the handling etc.

IF you get some daredevil RC pilot who is putting onlookers/other flyers at risk...you have a basic duty to warn him/her to stop messing about.
robwilkinson is offline Find More Posts by robwilkinson
Old Jul 07, 2012, 04:08 PM
Joined Aug 2007
4,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robwilkinson View Post
...I think some bad landings on Ytube could be down to nerves, maiden flights etc...not used to the handling etc...
I suppose even with a waver not all touch down are going to be picture perfect.

In the end it's up to the user I guess. If someone decides to drive a car with no insurance and hits someone they going to pay big time out of pocket. Just one reason why I have insurance.

In the video he says there is no way it's going to cost 999.00$ Kind of glad since I'm thinking somewhere in the 7to8 C note range would be nice as wishful as that thinking may be
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Chupacabra sighting !!!
Old Jul 07, 2012, 04:38 PM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,112 Posts
Cant wait to see where this goes... If it brings the price to a reasonable, reachable figure (pretty tight rc budget myself) it could be great for the rc community. Sure you will have people that shouldnt be flying a trainer, let alone a turbine powered aircraft but I think the price will deter most people from this. Watching a turbine powered plane fly is just an amazing thing. The sound, the smell, the sight, the SPEED its all just awesome
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
Old Jul 07, 2012, 04:47 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,266 Posts
Your right about the price comment. Its probably going to sell for around $1500
vettster is offline Find More Posts by vettster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DTRYER ripped me off!!!
Old Jul 07, 2012, 05:50 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
if it's 1500 then why buy this one when you can get a K80E kingtech or K80F for much less than that? and it's reliable and it's got lifetime warranty
Old Jul 07, 2012, 10:23 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
if it's 1500 then why buy this one when you can get a K80E kingtech or K80F for much less than that? and it's reliable and it's got lifetime warranty
Not likely... They are regularly $2050 with Kero start as the HK is. But I see they are now on sale for $1850. Im guessing they saw the HK Turbine too

Since HK hasnt even announced a price yet. and we're all going off of rumors.. Probabley best to wait and see what they are actually going to sell for.

(my apologies for speculating) Though I think $1500 is a realistic # It is after all a Turbine Engine. Your not going to get it for a few hundred bucks..
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 08, 2012, 05:02 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
The oingtechs I can get from retailers here in Cyprus for that kind of money...
There are two. Both can give me that price...I expect better from hk
Around 1200.
Old Jul 08, 2012, 11:25 AM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,266 Posts
You can not get a new Kingtech with kero start K80F for less than $1825

Post the link. Ill buy two if you can.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 08, 2012, 02:34 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettster View Post
You can not get a new Kingtech with kero start K80F for less than $1825

Post the link. Ill buy two if you can.
PM will be sent
Old Jul 15, 2012, 05:27 PM
Joined Aug 2007
4,248 Posts
Ok, so HK is planning to release a turbine but the question now is does that guy in the video ever plan on actually starting it up for us to look at?

At this rate HK might have it released before he does.........
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Chupacabra sighting !!!
Old Jul 15, 2012, 07:03 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCvertt View Post
Ok, so HK is planning to release a turbine but the question now is does that guy in the video ever plan on actually starting it up for us to look at?

At this rate HK might have it released before he does.........
LOL NO KIDDING!! Over two weeks to build a test stand and burn some Kero???
RCG Plus Member