HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 31, 2012, 03:47 AM
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Jul 2010
3,490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCvertt View Post
...but does it go 100 miles per hour? I've seen Top Gun, it doesn't look that hard
i have to say i loled

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
those who think FOAMIES are the same as COMPOSITES... those guys are thinking all wrong..
thats kinda what im worried about is the guys that think just because they can fly there foamy EDF they can handle a turbine powered model
and when i say fly i mean barely keep it in the air and land with out it end up in more then 10 parts
Elios000 is offline Find More Posts by Elios000
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2012, 05:12 AM
Bleriot's R Us
Ireland, Donegal
Joined Nov 2003
1,003 Posts
It is not the flying that is the problem, it is controlling the nerves and the knee knocking when you realise you have $5000 about to get airborne

You can say what you want but until you are exactly in that situation you dont know what it is like, one of the reasons we fly turbine jets is the buzz you get from it everytime.
I have flown everything in the past 30yrs and nothing comes close to the rush you get flying a Jet, and the speed your heart goes on the those first few landings of a new model.
xairflyer is offline Find More Posts by xairflyer
Old Aug 31, 2012, 09:03 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xairflyer View Post
It is not the flying that is the problem, it is controlling the nerves and the knee knocking when you realise you have $5000 about to get airborne

You can say what you want but until you are exactly in that situation you dont know what it is like, one of the reasons we fly turbine jets is the buzz you get from it everytime.
I have flown everything in the past 30yrs and nothing comes close to the rush you get flying a Jet, and the speed your heart goes on the those first few landings of a new model.
The feeling is still recent
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Aug 31, 2012, 10:07 AM
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Jul 2010
3,490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xairflyer View Post

come fly helis we have that much in the air with out a turbine in it
oh and they are lot less stable
but a 700 size heli can run almost 2k even with mid range gear in it
at some point i want a turbine powered heli but its a bit out of my price range atm
http://bergenrc.com/Turbine.php
a Bergen Intrepid is about 8k once you get every thing in
huh didnt see the new 44 was out
http://bergenrc.com/44Magnum.php
thats not tooo bad as helis go
Elios000 is offline Find More Posts by Elios000
Old Aug 31, 2012, 12:58 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
5K is the cheapest turbine jet Elios.
and if a turbine crashes usually it's all gone... a total loss.. when a heli crashes most of the times it's repairable..
Old Aug 31, 2012, 03:28 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,035 Posts
Quote:
vettster..
Hows the su37 comming up???

Btw why are you connecting bruce with hk'?? He is not affiliated to then by any means
The Su can wait.. after all.. HK didnt give it to me. I bought it and they never asked me to do a review on it either.(you know...like Bruce was asked to do)

But if I did do a video of the build, I think I might copy Bruce's approach...
First month. Show an unopened box and tell everyone to hold on.
Second month..Open the box and tell everyone to hold on
Third month.. unwrap some parts and tell everyone to hold on.

By the 35th month..Id probably be at the point of showing eveyone how to open the cap on a bottle of CA and tell them that I cant do any further work because I need more lipos. Ohh yeah! and to tell everyone to hold on

Bruce is connected with HK because he was given a Turbine to review. SO?? Where's the review? Its only been 9 weeks now and all he has done is mount it to a Work Horse How is that supposed to measure thrust BTW?

Like others have already mentioned.. HK's biggest mistake was mentioning the engine in the first place. They should have just got it to the production state and then let everyone know. All thease stupid videos of absolutly nothing... do nothing but put doubt in everyone's head.
vettster is offline Find More Posts by vettster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Im selling my 220mph jet
Old Aug 31, 2012, 05:30 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
If Bruce is connected to hk it means that the review will certainly be positive so why does it reslly matter to you???
Old Aug 31, 2012, 05:43 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,035 Posts
I could care less if he's connected or not! The fact of the matter is that he was given the engine to review. So Where's the review?? It been 9 WEEKS! Is this normal? He didnt build it. He's not on the development team. He was simply asked to review it. It should have gone to ANYBODY else.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 31, 2012, 06:59 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
again.. what does the review matter to you anw?
Old Aug 31, 2012, 07:06 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,035 Posts
really?......is that all your going to say from now on..
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 31, 2012, 07:08 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
until you answer
Old Aug 31, 2012, 08:35 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettster View Post
Whell Bruce owns his own product review site that does not say how wonder every single product is because he's not getting paid by any of the companies. He does and unbiast review. If its good he says so. If it bad he says so.

Its true..as far as I know, he doesnt have a ton of turbine experience, but he's is a genious. The man once build his very own cruise missile in his garage This got him into a LOT of trouble with his goverment.

I believe he will give a very fair review of the HK Turbine...........................in 2014!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
If Bruce is connected to hk it means that the review will certainly be positive so why does it reslly matter to you???
The review(if it ever gets done) means a lot to me.

Your making it sound as though I doubt his credibility... Which I have NEVER done! You yourself said just 2 post ago that his review will be tainted if he's connected with HK which he is not. I only said that there is a connection because he has HK's engine.

Bruce has long been known to do an unbiased review regardless of who supplies him with the equipment, so there for I am VERY interested in hearing what he has to say about this engine. and so is the rest of the RC world. The problem is....HE REFUSES TO TEST IT! (though I believe he has done so a long time ago) Why? you ask... Think about how many times a day people are logging into his website or checking his youtube channel to look for up dates. What a great way to advertise your site. So long as you keep people curious, they will keep logging in. A pretty dirty and underhanded way of self promotion i say.

Would I trust his review? Hell Yeah!
Do I think he's purposely dragging this out for his own gain.. HELL YEAH!

So to answer your question...It means a ton to me, since I dont think he would lie about the facts and that I would like at the very least, to know what the thrust is.

Check and Mate.

cant wait to hear another of your 5 word replies
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by vettster; Aug 31, 2012 at 09:18 PM.
Old Sep 01, 2012, 03:43 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
you are disagreeing with yourself
Old Sep 01, 2012, 06:56 AM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,035 Posts
your reply is one that was expected.

moving on....
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 01, 2012, 09:41 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
I can't really say where and how you disagree with your self. But if you read your post again it is obvious.
Then again this conversation has no meaning and it 's getting tiring.