HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 02, 2012, 02:39 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Talked to Bruce a few mins ago.. Raining season won't let him get out.. I told him that a friend is brave enough to stert the jet engines in his appt.

he told me that I call him brave but his wife would call him something else..
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2012, 03:09 AM
Joined Aug 2007
4,075 Posts
Do turbines spit out a lot of junk like glow engines do?
RCvertt is offline Find More Posts by RCvertt
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Chupacabra sighting !!!
Old Aug 02, 2012, 07:55 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCvertt View Post
Do turbines spit out a lot of junk like glow engines do?
nothing at all.. just vey hot air.. don' tstand close
might also choke you
Old Aug 02, 2012, 08:19 AM
Go FASST or go home...
Bergen, Norway
Joined Nov 2002
3,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCvertt View Post

Hope he goes step by step on how to get this thing running for us turbine newbs.

Can a karo start turbine run on diesel or does it have to be a propane starter in order to work with diesel?
Gentlemen!
There are forums with much more info on turbines than rcg. I suggest you search and read a little...

All new turbines today are offered with kero start. This replaces the propane in the startup procedure. Now you more or less just flip a switch and the ECU does the rest. Just as easy as starting an outrunner

Ben_E
Ben_E is offline Find More Posts by Ben_E
Old Aug 02, 2012, 08:36 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_E View Post
Gentlemen!
There are forums with much more info on turbines than rcg. I suggest you search and read a little...

All new turbines today are offered with kero start. This replaces the propane in the startup procedure. Now you more or less just flip a switch and the ECU does the rest. Just as easy as starting an outrunner

Ben_E
ben.. this is a HK sponsored forum.. and we are talking about HK turbine..
so... If you can find more info about this rurbine on other forums.. you are welcome to share it..
Old Aug 02, 2012, 08:42 AM
Go FASST or go home...
Bergen, Norway
Joined Nov 2002
3,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
ben.. this is a HK sponsored forum.. and we are talking about HK turbine..
so... If you can find more info about this rurbine on other forums.. you are welcome to share it..
Hmmm... I guess I know, I started this thread...

What I ment was if you want general info on turbines, this is not the best foprum to find info - and that's a fact

BTW the "RCG Turbines forum" is not sponsored by HK, they advertise here, and a lot of other places.
When and if new info occurs, it's nice if people share

Ben_E
Old Aug 02, 2012, 05:05 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
Talked to Bruce a few mins ago.. Raining season won't let him get out.. I told him that a friend is brave enough to stert the jet engines in his appt.
RAINING SEASON!?!?!? What a pure load of crap!! Go back to the videos I posted people.. Just LOOK at the size of garage he has and he built a Cruise missile in it!! I wonder if he only worked on it when it was warm and sunny

Im sorry people..But as much as I LOVE HK...there is something very seriously wrong with this engine..

How long since Bruce got it?...5 WEEKS now and he hasnt even started it??

I know a guy just down the road that flys every winter with his turbine. Could be minus 15c and he's out there flying it. Starts first time Everytime.

This engine is a flop. They would be better off canceling the entire project before they embarrass them selfs any further.
vettster is online now Find More Posts by vettster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Im selling my 220mph jet
Old Aug 02, 2012, 05:50 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
have you checked how many videos he's done since then??
both on xjet and rcmodelreviews channel ? ? ?

Do all Canadians act like that?
Jesus Vet.. Chill
Old Aug 02, 2012, 06:21 PM
Go FASST or go home...
Bergen, Norway
Joined Nov 2002
3,123 Posts
HK has all the resources they need to get this turbine spinning. Obviously they also got plenty of time. They will never make much money on this project anyway, since sales if turbines never will reach the volume they sell of other items...
Be patient guys.

Ben_E
Old Aug 02, 2012, 06:23 PM
Balsa and Foam can Coexist
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Feb 2010
1,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettster View Post
RAINING SEASON!?!?!? What a pure load of crap!! Go back to the videos I posted people.. Just LOOK at the size of garage he has and he built a Cruise missile in it!! I wonder if he only worked on it when it was warm and sunny

Im sorry people..But as much as I LOVE HK...there is something very seriously wrong with this engine..

How long since Bruce got it?...5 WEEKS now and he hasnt even started it??

I know a guy just down the road that flys every winter with his turbine. Could be minus 15c and he's out there flying it. Starts first time Everytime.

This engine is a flop. They would be better off canceling the entire project before they embarrass them selfs any further.
Why don't you calm down and be patient? Bruce lost his flying field so he has much more important things on his mind other then listening to your whining...

Ethan
WAGliderGuy is offline Find More Posts by WAGliderGuy
Old Aug 02, 2012, 06:36 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAGliderGuy View Post
Why don't you calm down and be patient? Bruce lost his flying field so he has much more important things on his mind other then listening to your whining...

Ethan
Hey! I seriously dont think he's listening to me.

Sucks loosing your field.. I know..cause Im going through the same thing right now! Funny thing about loosing a field is...It gives plenty of time to do other things, like Run a Turbine engine perhaps!?

Nobody is asking him to fly the damn thing..ARE WE? Just run the engine Run the engine Run the engine.

I would say 5 weeks to start an engine has exhausted all of my patients.

Cant run an engine that wont start I geuss. Damn shame cause I was hoping it would work.
vettster is online now Find More Posts by vettster
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by vettster; Aug 02, 2012 at 06:45 PM.
Old Aug 02, 2012, 07:49 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
ok vet.. when it comes out. .don't you dare buying it.
Old Aug 03, 2012, 12:00 AM View Post
scraper
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. It is temporarily hidden while scraper edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Aug 03, 2012, 12:24 AM
Serving the Motherland
Joined May 2012
26 Posts
well that could be true
Moskva is offline Find More Posts by Moskva
Old Aug 03, 2012, 02:50 AM
Go FASST or go home...
Bergen, Norway
Joined Nov 2002
3,123 Posts
Reading some of the other forum threads on this issue, the rumours says it's going to be on sale in February...

Ben_E