SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 11, 2011, 10:51 PM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
9,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ob1knob View Post
What about the change from JR to Spektrum style case? I really like the feel of my JR XP6102 and wanted an DX7 because of the JR style enclosure, but missed the boat when they discontinued it.

My friend's Spektrum DX6i just feels bulky and awkward to me. Haven't touched a DX8, though. Maybe the higher end DX7 and DX8's feel a bit less awkward?
I hate the feel of the DX6i too, it feels bulky, and im a big guy so i cant imagine how big it feels to a "normal size" person

I love way my DX7 feels in my hands...

Have yet to lay hands on a DX7s/8, but i have heard its very nice, not at all like the DX6i....
dacaur is offline Find More Posts by dacaur
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2011, 12:00 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Mar 2005
99 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacaur View Post
I hate the feel of the DX6i too, it feels bulky, and im a big guy so i cant imagine how big it feels to a "normal size" person

I love way my DX7 feels in my hands...

Have yet to lay hands on a DX7s/8, but i have heard its very nice, not at all like the DX6i....
Glad to hear that the DX7s/DX8 should feel better. I had ordered a DX6i, but then promptly cancelled my order after I tried out my buddies DX6i. I now have a DX7s on pre-order hoping it works for me. If not, I'll have to get my XP6102 modified for a 2.4GHz module.
ob1knob is offline Find More Posts by ob1knob
Old May 12, 2011, 06:15 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydh View Post
  • Does it support dual flap servo channels?
  • Does it have any built in sailplane mixes?
  • Does it offer speed adjustments for each channel?
Partial answer to you until Andy or someone that really knows answers is this.
YES in the wing type menu you can see in the YT video when they cycle threw the MAIN WING TYPE menu you will see 1 AIL 2 FLP and 2 AIL 2 FLP wing setup.

HIGHLY DOUBT mixing for sailplane as its been requested and kinda denied for the DX8

Its been mention servo speed reducer for flaps or as in the video he refers to it as FLAP DELAY but it would be a guess if I answered for all the channels.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old May 12, 2011, 10:31 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydh View Post
This is turning into a great discussion. Lots of different opinions!

I cant find an instruction manual for the new DX7s and have some questions about its features:
  • Does it support dual flap servo channels?
  • Does it have any built in sailplane mixes?
  • Does it offer speed adjustments for each channel?
1) Yes, the same 9 options as a DX8.
2) No, but you can create the same mixes that are in the model files we published for the DX8 to do 6-channel sailplane or a Radian Pro. IMHO, 7 channels is not enough for a decent sailplane.
3) No, except that flaps and elevator can be slowed down and work together in the flap system.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old May 12, 2011, 02:47 PM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
IMHO, 7 channels is not enough for a decent sailplane.
Why not?

4 flap wing
1 elevator
1 rudder
1 motor or tow release

Doesn't sound indecent to me.

Jürgen

P.S.: Slope flyers would only need 6CH - always provided of course, that the tx caters for the appropriate mixes.
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
Old May 12, 2011, 04:57 PM
Joined May 2011
60 Posts
Quote:
Elevon B allows you to use a DX6i as a slave on an elevon model. The next DX8 code will have it too.

Andy
Very good answer to many asks about that, it was a problem when moving or switching between dx8 and an older DX.... ! Andy, could you tell us when the next firmware version is coming out, and the cycle of them for this year ? One major release in view ? Plus there is a bad translation that hurts me in French when you switch models ("cancel" the choice is named "supprimer" = "delete" : this is worrying for french people...
FredCax13 is offline Find More Posts by FredCax13
Old May 12, 2011, 05:28 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,819 Posts
Fred,

Check your PMs. Can you e-mail a photo of the wrong screen please, and the correct text?

We do not publish the release schedule. There will be another release for the DX8 before too long.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old May 12, 2011, 11:30 PM
Multi Rotor Maniac
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Oct 2007
2,866 Posts
Thanks for the info on flaps and sailplane mixes. I would have to say the DX8 is looking the better option. The 7s offers that same telemetry feature and no doubt you would want to play around with it at some stage seeing its available. You may as well just spend the extra for the 8 and get the module, if you dont want it sell it and get some money back. Also have to agree the backlight on the 8 is a big bonus.
Stunt Double is offline Find More Posts by Stunt Double
Old May 13, 2011, 12:57 AM
Joined Apr 2009
14 Posts
is the "battery type" set correctly

If you're using a Ni-Cad or NiMH, and is the Battery Type is set for LiPo?
hobbyaire is offline Find More Posts by hobbyaire
Old May 13, 2011, 04:45 AM
Germany
Joined Mar 2011
250 Posts
Quote:
1) Yes, the same 9 options as a DX8.
2) No, but you can create the same mixes that are in the model files we published for the DX8 to do 6-channel sailplane or a Radian Pro. IMHO, 7 channels is not enough for a decent sailplane.
3) No, except that flaps and elevator can be slowed down and work together in the flap system.

Andy
So there is no slow down for the Gear channel? Just flaps? As I have the old DX7 I have been hoping the new DX7s would support the slow down on both channels not to have to buy servo rate reducers all the time.
Nachbars Lumpi is offline Find More Posts by Nachbars Lumpi
Old May 13, 2011, 07:14 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredCax13 View Post
Plus there is a bad translation that hurts me in French when you switch models ("cancel" the choice is named "supprimer" = "delete" : this is worrying for french people...
Pas vraiment, supprimer peut être utilise de différent façon. Le mot supprimer veut dire (to delete, remove, cancel)

Supprimer est aussi utilise dans la traduction dans mon Ipod Touch.

Andy, ANNULER would probably be better used for this situation.
Old May 13, 2011, 07:17 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachbars Lumpi View Post
So there is no slow down for the Gear channel? Just flaps?
The servo speed feature on the DX7s is only for the FLAP and ELEVATOR channel in the flap menu setting screen. If you have elev comp added to flaps then it to will be reduce at the speed you selected for flaps.

Other then that no servo speed on the other channels.
Old May 13, 2011, 07:19 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbyaire View Post
If you're using a Ni-Cad or NiMH, and is the Battery Type is set for LiPo?
Since it comes with NI-MH the type is NiMH with the option of LIPO if you opt to go with the 4000mah 2s lipo pack.
Old May 13, 2011, 08:31 AM
Joined May 2011
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Pas vraiment, supprimer peut être utilise de différent façon. Le mot supprimer veut dire (to delete, remove, cancel)

Supprimer est aussi utilise dans la traduction dans mon Ipod Touch.

Andy, ANNULER would probably be better used for this situation.
Nous sommes bien d'accord, Cancel se traduit de différentes façons, mais ce n'est pas "supprimer" qui est écrit (je me suis trompé) c'est encore pire : "Effacer". Je vais transmettre la photo et "Annuler" est le bon terme...
Old May 13, 2011, 08:59 AM
Joined May 2011
60 Posts
Quote:
Fred,

Check your PMs. Can you e-mail a photo of the wrong screen please, and the correct text?

We do not publish the release schedule. There will be another release for the DX8 before too long.

Andy
Message sent, thank you Andy