Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:15 PM
west coast flyer
Joined May 2012
315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldc View Post
I've got a little "bump" near center stick of my aileron control Does this mean the gimble is wearing out already? Guess I have to open it up & have a look....
tightened the spring a bit seems to be good now.
emeraldc is offline Find More Posts by emeraldc
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:09 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,290 Posts
can anyone confirm that once a DSM2 radio is in trainer mode/slave. ie 3.5mm mono jack is plugged in and the radio is booted up with out switched on. That it bypass's the 2.4 band?
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:14 AM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,390 Posts
Easy looking comp and 2 X Spektrum DX7s Transmitters to give away

cheers chuck

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Thrill...75108069215605
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:27 AM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
can anyone confirm that once a DSM2 radio is in trainer mode/slave. ie 3.5mm mono jack is plugged in and the radio is booted up with out switched on. That it bypass's the 2.4 band?
I cant say for sure that this is absolutely true for all DSM2 radios but all of my SPM
DX radios will not power the RF section when a Trainer cable is plugged in without the powerswitch in the On position.AFAIK this is how it should work on all radios.
aerocal is offline Find More Posts by aerocal
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:04 AM
Joined Jan 2004
114 Posts
Fully trailing edge mix on the DX7s

Hi folks

This would save me homework if someone has done already. Given that the Dx7s is already geared for a four servo wing, I would like to know if the six free mixers will give me all I need for my Minivec aerobatic glider four servo wing. I am one free mix short on my Dx8 and have sacrificed full training edge thermal flap for permanent elevator/full trailing edge mix.

If you have not played with full trailing edge mix, rather not guess. Like my Dx8, I would like to achieve same for my friend on the Dx7s he is contemplating buying:

1. Crow braking, flaps and aileron, with elevator compensation, a gimmie.
2. Full trailing edge aileron (aileron flap mix).
3. Full trailing edge flaperon (flap aileron mix). - leading to:
4. Elevator / flap (full trailing edge) mix - switched and/or permanent.
5. Thermal flap (full trailing edge) switched - reflex also nice but not a requirement.

Thanks and regards
Dave
iti20090 is offline Find More Posts by iti20090
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:50 AM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
1,934 Posts
The throttle 'limiter' tabs (inside the tx) are kind of weird and I thought about removing them for more throttle resolution. Do you guys just run stock with the tabs in?
finguz is offline Find More Posts by finguz
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:01 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Apr 2004
1,095 Posts
Quote:
This has been the case with JR transmitters even before the 2.4 era. I learned long ago to carry a Radio Shack 1/8" Mono Jack in my transmitter case so when I wanted to play with the programming, I could do so without transmitting.

The Tx only draws 50ma with the Audio Jack or Trainer Cord connected as opposed to 200ma when the Tx was turned on and the RF was transmitting.
Buschbarber is offline Find More Posts by Buschbarber
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:03 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iti20090 View Post
Hi folks

This would save me homework if someone has done already. Given that the Dx7s is already geared for a four servo wing, I would like to know if the six free mixers will give me all I need for my Minivec aerobatic glider four servo wing. I am one free mix short on my Dx8 and have sacrificed full training edge thermal flap for permanent elevator/full trailing edge mix.

If you have not played with full trailing edge mix, rather not guess. Like my Dx8, I would like to achieve same for my friend on the Dx7s he is contemplating buying:

1. Crow braking, flaps and aileron, with elevator compensation, a gimmie.
2. Full trailing edge aileron (aileron flap mix).
3. Full trailing edge flaperon (flap aileron mix). - leading to:
4. Elevator / flap (full trailing edge) mix - switched and/or permanent.
5. Thermal flap (full trailing edge) switched - reflex also nice but not a requirement.

Thanks and regards
Dave
Dave,

Have you looked at this for your DX8?

http://www.horizonhobby.de/dx8-segelflug-software.html

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:03 PM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
8,574 Posts
Quote:
I can say with 100% certainty its true (slave does not transmit.).I have an mCX I fly with a DX5e. I wanted to let my dad fly the mCX, so hooked up my DX7 as master and the DX5e as slave, but did not thuink to bind the mCX to the DX7. (didnt even have it in my DX7 memory at all, in a moment of derpdom, I just turned it on the model it happened to be, which is my nano, and expected it to work) the heli did not respond at all to either transmitter....

If the slave DX5e were transmitting, the heli would have responded to it, since it was still bound to the transmitter.
dacaur is offline Find More Posts by dacaur
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:10 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,290 Posts
Awesome guy thanks, the reason is, im planning to use UHF Dragon Link and with the 433mhz right next to my 7s's antenna i wanted to make sure. I know a lot of guys are using
their Spekrum radios with UHF...but i would still like to get some feed back.

I know some well cringe and the thought of opening up there $400+ radio and voiding the warranty to modding it for UHF but i did.

first was getting a nice backlit LED kit installed. then on to the UHF

DX7S backlight (15 min 29 sec)

Dragon Link With Spektrum DX7s Flown With Dragon Link (3 min 33 sec)
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:20 AM
Joined Jan 2004
114 Posts
Thanks for the great tip, Andy, most appreciated.

Cheers
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Dave,

Have you looked at this for your DX8?

http://www.horizonhobby.de/dx8-segelflug-software.html

Andy
iti20090 is offline Find More Posts by iti20090
Old Feb 08, 2013, 11:51 PM
Canada, AB
Joined Jun 2011
183 Posts
Well my new DX7s should be here in a couple days. I couldn't find much negative feedback so I assume it doesn't have the issues that some of the DX8 did?
mxz1998 is offline Find More Posts by mxz1998
Old Feb 09, 2013, 06:44 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,102 Posts
Have fun.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Mar 06, 2013, 09:27 PM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jun 2012
145 Posts
I'm doing 3D indoor flying with my DX7s. I wish to set expo on the throttle chanel to have more range around the middle. Could't find how to set expo on the throttle chanel?

With a Futaba... no problem, very simple, you have the expo option on each channel including the Throttle one.

Somebody could help?
Krycek W is offline Find More Posts by Krycek W
Old Mar 06, 2013, 10:03 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,102 Posts
Throttle curve.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip