HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 15, 2012, 05:25 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,108 Posts
@ midnite - As mentioned above the TM1000 & TM1100 (park range) will work with ANY receiver, the only thing is to get Flight Log infomation (Frames,Hold & Fades) you need a Data Ready receiver. These receivers are mainly identified by the fact that the Batt/Bind port is labeled Bind/Data port. Every DSMX receiver have a Data Port and some models of DSM2 receivers also have a Data Port.

When you use a TM unit with a NON DATA ready receiver you need to remove the signal wire (yellow) from the Data cable to avoid the TM unit to go into bind mode everytime you power on the system.

Like mentioned above everything BUT Flight Log will still work. RX voltage, temp and main pack voltage plus other sensors you buy and connect to the TM unit.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:56 PM
Joined Feb 2012
488 Posts
Thanks for the responses aerocal and freechip.

I wasn't aware that this had been discussed before.

It's my understanding then that the orange wire to be concerned about is only the one on the Data lead from the TM1000 module.

I'm using it primarily to determine battery voltage but will monitor temp as well. I may eventually include other sensors but probably not on this plane.
midnite is online now Find More Posts by midnite
Old Oct 17, 2012, 06:02 PM
Segelfliegen bedeutet Freiheit
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined May 2010
1,083 Posts
Problems with a DX7s and PZ AR600 holding firm on a F4U

My buddy has just gotten a BNF F4U and when we try to run the whole shebang, Flaps, gear, etc. we run into problems. We had the unit working last night, but it keeps ignoring the flaps and gear servos for some reason...

Any suggestions from you fine folks would be appreciated. We have not looked into the firmware yet, that's tonite's fun under the dark skies. My guess is that the radio (TX) is somehow not working right with the AR600.

Darren/SkyCadet
SkyCadet is offline Find More Posts by SkyCadet
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New plane - Evader!!!
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:16 PM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,513 Posts
Its kind of hard to tell exactly where you got stuck.Did you setup Wing Type correctly to enable the Flap System menu?Did you plug the servos into the Rx as labeled in the Monitor screen and not the label on the Rx? Are you sure the BEC is putting out enough power to run everything?

It might help to attach the SPM file for the model to see if you got the radio setup right.
aerocal is offline Find More Posts by aerocal
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:24 AM
Segelfliegen bedeutet Freiheit
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined May 2010
1,083 Posts
Hi Chuck!

Thanks - we actually figured it out last night. I contacted PZ and they mentioned the wing mixing types and after thinking about it, we got it running again. Also, my buddy did not have his firmware updated so we did that as well - he's running 1.03 now. I initially thought as well it might be a BEC or firmware issue on the radio (TX). However, this was not the case...

The trick for the AR600 on board the airplane was that when wing type was set for two servos each on flap/ailerons, the RX then assigns the Aux 1 and gear channels to those servos as well, and then the servos are no longer able to be accessed for gear/flap. Since we were running multiple Y harnesses, going to one servo each on aileron and flap solved the issue, because the remaining channels were free to be used for gear/flaps!

Makes sense, but it was one of those issues that is sort of incidious in a way...

I prefer the menu system in my DX6i myself. Much more intuitive. But, alas, we learn by doing, right?!

Darren/SkyCadet
SkyCadet is offline Find More Posts by SkyCadet
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New plane - Evader!!!
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:22 PM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jun 2012
147 Posts
Hi guys!
I wish to program CROW on my DX7s. Does somebody have a script to do that?

It is for a plane with 2 ailerons servos, 2 flaps servos and of course 1 elevator servo and 1 rudder servo.
I use a 6 channels RX and the left aileron servo is plug into channel 6
I use a Y servo lead for the 2 flaps servos plug into channel 5
Krycek W is offline Find More Posts by Krycek W
Last edited by Krycek W; Oct 22, 2012 at 12:49 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:05 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,057 Posts
Mix FLP > LAL. Done.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:29 PM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jun 2012
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Mix FLP > LAL. Done.

Andy
Ok, this is a new option in the "Mix" menu that appear after I setup my Tx with the left aileron in the channel 6! I did't know that the menu of the DX7s was dynamic, i.e. variable depending on what you plug in your RX and how many channel is activate.

Will try that!

Thanks!
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:51 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,057 Posts
It's not that dynamic. It doesn't know anything about your receiver. It knows what Wing Type you select. That's how it knows what options to offer you.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:55 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,108 Posts
When you make Wing Type & Tail Type changes the radio renames channels to help you connect the servo properly.

This change is visible in the Servo Monitor screen. This as always been so with the new Airware radios.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 02:15 PM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jun 2012
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
When you make Wing Type & Tail Type changes the radio renames channels to help you connect the servo properly.

This change is visible in the Servo Monitor screen. This as always been so with the new Airware radios.
Yes I had discover this by myself a short time ago. This is very helpful, when you know it.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 02:19 PM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jun 2012
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
It's not that dynamic. It doesn't know anything about your receiver. It knows what Wing Type you select. That's how it knows what options to offer you.

Andy
Ok thanks. Good comment.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 08:56 AM
west coast flyer
Joined May 2012
331 Posts
Ok, trying to get pz p-47 setup, wing type 2 & 2, everything goog except gear switch inh? Gear works with ailerons?? Tryed other wing types without luck...
emeraldc is online now Find More Posts by emeraldc
Old Nov 10, 2012, 09:03 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,057 Posts
Go to the Monitor screen. That will show you what each receiver slot does.

The tx has to remap what goes where, because the rx doesn't normally have slots labeled "Left Aileron" and "Left Flap", so it puts them on things like Gear and Aux1.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 10, 2012, 09:04 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,108 Posts
Do you have dual flaps installed and not using a Y harness cause when you select 2 Aileron and 2 flaps the radio assigns gear channel for one of the flaps.