HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 27, 2012, 02:13 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Apr 2004
1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by {}{steve}{} View Post
DX8 SPM files will not work in a DX7s.

Does anyone know what this means in the change log "Added SD logfile indicator to main screens." Does thi smean we will now be able to store telemetry log data to the SD Card like you can with the higher models?

Edit: Nevermind...I see that SD telemetry logging was enabled in the last update. How did I miss that!?!?
I know SPM filesbfor the DX8 do not work with the DX7S. That is why I asked if there were ones for the DX7S.
Buschbarber is offline Find More Posts by Buschbarber
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2012, 02:17 PM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2011
1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buschbarber View Post
I know SPM filesbfor the DX8 do not work with the DX7S. That is why I asked if there were ones for the DX7S.
I quoted the wrong person...I meant to quote the person you quoted.
ClosedAccount is offline Find More Posts by ClosedAccount
Old Sep 29, 2012, 07:47 PM
Toronto
Joined Jun 2007
463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krycek W View Post
I have received this e-mail from Spektrum today:

New DX7s 1.03 & DX8 2.06 AirWare™ firmware are now available for download

Dear Spektrum Signal,

The Spektrum team is happy to announce a 1.03 version of AirWare for the DX7s and a 2.06 version for the DX8. Make sure you are up-to-date and download DX7s 1.03 or DX8 2.06 today.

DX7s Version 1.03:
Software Features:
  • Automatically corrects sub-trim and travel for models created in version 1.01 and earlier after prompting the user. This is functional both for models already in your radio, and for any you import from an SD card. You should always verify operation of a model when making any updates prior to flying it.
  • Enabled ability to configure inactivity timer
  • Enabled dimming control of the orange Spektrum LED for night flying

Software Corrections:
  • P-Link Master Trainer mode was using trainer data for channels GEAR and higher.
  • When a channel is reversed the endpoint adjustment worked on the opposite side from what was expected.
  • Improved French translations.
  • Added SD logfile indicator to main screens.
NOTE: This change affects sub-trim and travel of existing models and ones you will import. You should double-check sub-trims and travel on any reversed control surfaces in both airplanes and helicopters when using models created in version 1.01 and earlier.
I just uploaded the new firmware to my DX7s and all my callibration is now messed up. I have calibrated my sticks 3 times, and I still have aileron at 23% when the stick is centred. So I am guessing that all my aircraft are messed up.

Anyone else have this problem? Help!
sihinch is online now Find More Posts by sihinch
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:10 PM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sihinch View Post
I just uploaded the new firmware to my DX7s and all my callibration is now messed up. I have calibrated my sticks 3 times, and I still have aileron at 23% when the stick is centred. So I am guessing that all my aircraft are messed up.

Anyone else have this problem? Help!
First.When you are checking calibration of the sticks you need to be on a blank/reset model memory.

If you didnt notice when you updated to 1.02 the subtrims and endpoints on reversed channels were probably realigned and needed to be adjusted back to their original positions.If you didnt use 1.02 then it doesnt apply.
When you load 1.03 and access a model you will get a screen prompt to decide if you want to update that model.If you had an issue with 1.02 and you updated/reset the trims/endpoints manually then you click Cancel because you have already done it.If the model was created before 1.03 and was not adjusted manually you will click Update and Yes and the radio will realign the model for you automatically.

If you click Cancel on a model that needs to be readjusted you will then have to go back and do it by hand.

Since there is ample opportunity to screw it up a warning was issued to make sure you double check your settings before flight after doing the updates.
aerocal is online now Find More Posts by aerocal
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:18 PM
Toronto
Joined Jun 2007
463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerocal View Post
First.When you are checking calibration of the sticks you need to be on a blank/reset model memory.
Thank you so much! I never knew that. It's 100% spot on, now.

Phew - our club has a fun fly tomorrow, I was worried everything was screwed up.

S
sihinch is online now Find More Posts by sihinch
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:44 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buschbarber View Post
There is an SPM file for the Radian that works in the DX8. Is there one for the DX7S? It would save you some programming time.
I am assuming you mean the RadainPro? not the V1 3ch one?

Try This i used this and change it abit to my liking.
http://www.radian-pro.com/spektrum-r...trum-dx7-setup

This is a good base for a great set upon this radio!
I changed a mix for my camber and reflex to be on the aux2 dial, and use the Thr hold switch beside it to turn it on/off. So when the dial is centred it is 0% cam/reflex.
Turn the dial CCW gives me reflex, and pull the dial CW gives me camber. can be switch adjusted to your preference). Also at any given time i can just pull the switch to turn if off no matter what position the dial is at.
other then that this one is good to go! More then likey once you plug everything in,you may need to adjust all your control surfaces as every ones servo/horns are set up differently.

regards
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 30, 2012, 02:59 PM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jun 2012
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerocal View Post

If you didnt notice when you updated to 1.02 the subtrims and endpoints on reversed channels were probably realigned and needed to be adjusted back to their original positions.If you didnt use 1.02 then it doesnt apply.
When you load 1.03 and access a model you will get a screen prompt to decide if you want to update that model.If you had an issue with 1.02 and you updated/reset the trims/endpoints manually then you click Cancel because you have already done it.If the model was created before 1.03 and was not adjusted manually you will click Update and Yes and the radio will realign the model for you automatically.

If you click Cancel on a model that needs to be readjusted you will then have to go back and do it by hand.

Since there is ample opportunity to screw it up a warning was issued to make sure you double check your settings before flight after doing the updates.
Thanks you Aerocal, good explanation. You make it very clear!
Krycek W is offline Find More Posts by Krycek W
Old Oct 02, 2012, 03:18 AM
Australia, SA, Morphett Vale
Joined Oct 2004
1,476 Posts
Thanks will give it a try when I get time tomorrow thought there would be something on the spektrum site have regesterd that was a bit of a drama all the dates were around the wrong way with month in the front
Desert flier is offline Find More Posts by Desert flier
Old Oct 02, 2012, 03:08 PM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert flier View Post
Thanks will give it a try when I get time tomorrow thought there would be something on the spektrum site have regesterd that was a bit of a drama all the dates were around the wrong way with month in the front
Lol @ the date format being swapped around.Thats how we do it here.Month/Day/Year.

Im still trying to figure out the driving on the left side of the road and going fast and turning right when racing.I have several theories.

I finally got the whole relationship between inches and millimeters sorted in my head.That was a doozie.
aerocal is online now Find More Posts by aerocal
Old Oct 03, 2012, 12:55 AM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,237 Posts
Maybe because the weight of the driver feels more natural on the inside of the turn?
Garry K.
garryk is offline Find More Posts by garryk
Old Oct 03, 2012, 07:50 AM
Tallahassee, FL
Joined Sep 2009
1,494 Posts
So, you only turn one way in your neck of the woods?
Turner2 is online now Find More Posts by Turner2
Old Oct 03, 2012, 09:09 AM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,237 Posts
3 right turns = 1 left turn. 8)
Garry K.
garryk is offline Find More Posts by garryk
Old Oct 03, 2012, 06:16 PM
Carthage, TX
United States, TX, Tenaha
Joined Mar 2012
556 Posts
OK, just downloaded the new airware for my Dx7s, saved it to the same SD that came with the Tx that I only use in this TX. Popped it into the TX and powered it on. The progression bar goes up and then starts over and over???? Now my TX is in update mode and I dont know what to do? Help!!!!!!
Colbyntx is offline Find More Posts by Colbyntx
Old Oct 03, 2012, 06:25 PM
Carthage, TX
United States, TX, Tenaha
Joined Mar 2012
556 Posts
Nevermind! I just reformatted the card, downloaded again and it worked!
Colbyntx is offline Find More Posts by Colbyntx
Old Oct 04, 2012, 12:01 PM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jun 2012
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbyntx View Post
OK, just downloaded the new airware for my Dx7s, saved it to the same SD that came with the Tx that I only use in this TX. Popped it into the TX and powered it on. The progression bar goes up and then starts over and over???? Now my TX is in update mode and I dont know what to do? Help!!!!!!
In Windows, if you have already download a previous update, a file name SPMTX.SAX on your PC, some browser will simply rename the new file SPMTX(1).SAX.

So You would have to change the name of the file on your SD card to SPMTX.SAX.
Krycek W is offline Find More Posts by Krycek W