They look a lot like what they used on the DX18
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 17, 2012, 01:39 AM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,237 Posts
Well I found out today that if you save your model memory into the sim card that when you import it to the active list that you have to re-bind it. That totally sucks man. Even though it's better than reprogramming the whole plan, it's still a bitc#....!!!!!!!!!!! As one of the planes takes up all the slots on the RX and they're a real bitc# to unplug and plug in again. Guess that will remain one of the active ones. Oh well.... better than no option, but would have been so easy for them to change this simple thing with an amateur programmer doing the code for this TX. Maybe it could be a simple download to address this issue??? I'm sure it could, but the Q? is will it be done?????? SO easy to do!!!! So Do IT Please!!!????????????

Garry K.

Garry K.
garryk is online now Find More Posts by garryk
Old Jun 17, 2012, 02:13 AM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,404 Posts
If you import it to the same memory position(number) that you exported it from
the bind information should remain intact.
aerocal is offline Find More Posts by aerocal
Old Jun 17, 2012, 02:28 AM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,237 Posts
That may be true,,but my brain can't keep track of all that.

Garry K.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 02:47 AM
"Landing" in a tree somewhere
Rochester, NY
Joined Sep 2009
946 Posts
One feature of the DX7s is being able to transfer model memories from one radio to another. Say you share one of your setup files with a buddy to use as a guide in order to help him with programming his plane. If he turns on his transmitter with that model memory and the bind is saved in it then he could accidentally interfere or take control of your plane. By not saving the bind settings it ensures that a receiver is only bound to a single radio at any given time.
Rayne is offline Find More Posts by Rayne
Old Jun 17, 2012, 05:18 AM
Canadian Bacon
Kingston, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
12,669 Posts
Each Spektrum radio has a unique code that only your radio has, and transfered to your rcvr. One in a million has that code, so not much chance that there will be interference.

Gord.
flypaper 2 is online now Find More Posts by flypaper 2
Old Jun 17, 2012, 07:54 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,083 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garryk View Post
That may be true,,but my brain can't keep track of all that.

Garry K.
It doesn't have to. The first two digits of the filename are the model number.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 17, 2012, 07:56 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,083 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flypaper 2 View Post
Each Spektrum radio has a unique code that only your radio has, and transfered to your rcvr. One in a million has that code, so not much chance that there will be interference..
No, it's one in 4,294,967,295. Even though we've made a LOT of radios, we haven't quite crossed the 32-bit boundary...

...Yet.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 17, 2012, 09:14 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Apr 2004
1,132 Posts
Quote:
Well I found out today that if you save your model memory into the sim card that when you import it to the active list that you have to re-bind it. That totally sucks man. Even though it's better than reprogramming the whole plan, it's still a bitc#....!!!!!!!!!!! As one of the planes takes up all the slots on the RX and they're a real bitc# to unplug and plug in again. Guess that will remain one of the active ones. Oh well.... better than no option, but would have been so easy for them to change this simple thing with an amateur programmer doing the code for this TX. Maybe it could be a simple download to address this issue??? I'm sure it could, but the Q? is will it be done?????? SO easy to do!!!! So Do IT Please!!!????????????

Garry K.

Garry K.
If you use a Switch Harness to connect your RX battery to your Rx, you can use a 3 wire DSC type Switch Harness and Bind through the Charging Jack. If you do not use a Switch Harness, you can connect a Y Harness to the Bind Port and run an extension to the side of the fuselage. Either way, it is easy to Bind quickly without unplugging anything from the Rx.
Buschbarber is online now Find More Posts by Buschbarber
Old Jun 17, 2012, 12:21 PM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,237 Posts
OK,,, I'll figure this out some how. So long as I use the same model number memory as before, the original binding will survive the transfer?
Does this mean that if I export a model to the same model memory slot that it could control the receiver that was previously bound to that memory slot also?
Garry K.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 12:53 PM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
8,651 Posts
Quote:
OK,,, I'll figure this out some how. So long as I use the same model number memory as before, the original binding will survive the transfer?
Does this mean that if I export a model to the same model memory slot that it could control the receiver that was previously bound to that memory slot also?
Garry K.
When you bind a model, you arent actualy doing anything on the transmitter end, You are simply teaching the reciver the GUID of the transmitter. Since each slot has a different GUID, keeping the model in the same slot should keep your bind.

I say should because I only have a DX7 so cant actualy test that, The only problem I can see is if the DX7S is like the DX7 in that it defaults to either DSM2 or DSMX and the reciver you are using is the opposite. A DX7 defaults to DSM mode when you initate a bind. If you are binding it to a DSM2 reciver, the reciver actualy tells the transmitter that, and it will transmit in DSM2 mode. Later if you accidentally initiate a bind on the transmitter (somehow hold the bind button on power up) without realising it, since the reciver isnt in bind mode it cant tell the transmitter its in DSM2, so the transmitter defaults to DSM..... So even though the reciver still has the right GUID, the transmitter is transmitting in a language the reciver cannot understand.... It was kind of a problem for people using transmitter trays back in the day, so hopefully spektrum has figured out how to do it without requiring the input from the reciver as to weather its DSM2 or DSMX.....
dacaur is offline Find More Posts by dacaur
Old Jun 18, 2012, 08:10 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,083 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacaur View Post
When you bind a model, you arent actualy doing anything on the transmitter end, You are simply teaching the reciver the GUID of the transmitter.
Not true. The transmitter also learns the type of receiver so it can talk to it properly.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 18, 2012, 08:45 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,638 Posts
Remember, receiver talk back to the radio during binding.

Hello, anybody home?
Yes, it's me AR6200.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Jun 18, 2012, 04:36 PM
near Chicago
Joined Apr 2008
276 Posts
Anybody figure out how to adjust the neck strap that came with the DX7S? My 1st strap & it doesn't make any sense, e.g. one of the buckles is on a single strap & just slides up & down?!? The other buckle seems to have all the straps jammed into it. Thanks.

Chuck
clp.eng is offline Find More Posts by clp.eng
Old Jun 18, 2012, 06:15 PM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
8,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Not true. The transmitter also learns the type of receiver so it can talk to it properly.

Andy
Ah thats too bad, with all the hubub that caused with DSM/DSM2, I would have thought spektrum would find away around that.... Which one does it default too? I know my DX7 defaults to DSM, so if I initiate a bind on the TX and not the reciver, my DX7 will still work with my AR6000, but not my AR500, since it defaults to DSM until it hears back from a DSM2 reciver.....

EDIT - 4-29-2013 - I have learned that a DSMX tarnsmitter doesnt "default" to either DSMx or DSM2. It stays on whatever protocal it was last bound on.... If you have 2 DSM2 recivers bound to one slot, then you bind a DSMX reciver, the DSM2 recivers will stop working. If you then bind a third DSM2 reciver to the same slot, the first two DSM2 recivers will work again, but the DSMX reciver will stop working, becuase it was taught on binding to listed for DSMX, so isnt listening for DSM2......
dacaur is offline Find More Posts by dacaur
Last edited by dacaur; Apr 29, 2013 at 11:31 PM.