Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 06, 2011, 09:20 PM
Tallahassee, FL
Joined Sep 2009
1,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
The AR8000 is an 11ms 2048 resolution rx.

The AR7000 is a 22ms 1024 resolution rx.

Most people would prefer the faster receiver. Besides, you can then use the spare port (Aux3) for a battery in a nitro model.

Andy
It's funny, now that you mention it, I can't find anything in the DX7s specs that says it is even capable of high-speed 11ms frame rate with 2048 resolution.
Turner2 is offline Find More Posts by Turner2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DX7 Programing - Ultimate...
to remove ads between posts
Old May 06, 2011, 11:14 PM
Canada's East Coast, "An Ocean Playground"
Joined Apr 2002
4,176 Posts
I guess a lot of this banter comes down to the "wording" of the announcement..

this quote.."The DX7s also features the situational awareness of built-in telemetry, the intuitive SimpleScroll programming interface and the clarity of a large LCD screen,"

in reality could have been written..'The DX7s also features built-in telemetry readiness (mobile unit optional at extra cost), the intuitive SimpleScroll programming interface and the clarity of a large, non-backlit LCD screen.'

It would appear to be the identical screen from the "8" so what would the cost have been to back light it?

rant over..

Bill
retiredVTT is offline Find More Posts by retiredVTT
Old May 07, 2011, 04:09 AM
Suspended Account
Bucharest, ROMANIA
Joined Mar 2010
835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredVTT View Post
I guess a lot of this banter comes down to the "wording" of the announcement..

this quote.."The DX7s also features the situational awareness of built-in telemetry, the intuitive SimpleScroll programming interface and the clarity of a large LCD screen,"

in reality could have been written..'The DX7s also features built-in telemetry readiness (mobile unit optional at extra cost), the intuitive SimpleScroll programming interface and the clarity of a large, non-backlit LCD screen.'

HH are masters when it comes to using unclear phrasing in order to hide their products flaws.
Gerula is offline Find More Posts by Gerula
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 07, 2011, 08:26 AM
Joined Jan 2011
745 Posts
There you have it:
from the master of flawed phrasing and unclear product.
HH is singular not plural
guy hanson is offline Find More Posts by guy hanson
Old May 07, 2011, 09:36 AM
Joined May 2009
338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy hanson View Post
There you have it:
from the master of flawed phrasing and unclear product.
HH is singular not plural
Not saying I agree with Gerula, but in fairness the idea of a company being like an individual (and being refered to in the singular) is a mostly American construct. In the UK and several other English speaking countries, companies are a plural (referencing them as a group of people).

That said, I like HH and everybody I've met from that company has been great to talk with and genuinely passionate about this hobby and the products they're making.
philipm785 is offline Find More Posts by philipm785
Old May 07, 2011, 10:05 AM
Joined Feb 2008
2,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerula View Post
HH are masters when it comes to using unclear phrasing in order to hide their products flaws.
Not having all the features of a higher priced model isn't really a product flaw, and if they are "masters", then how is it that the lack of a back light feature was discovered before the product even shipped??

Besides, by the logic that you applied to the DX7, if the DX7S doesn't say that the screen is NOT back lit on the box, then it IS back lit!
Dave H. is offline Find More Posts by Dave H.
Old May 07, 2011, 10:11 AM
United States, LA, Shreveport
Joined Jul 2010
681 Posts
I'm willing to bet that the screen WILL be back lit...
with UV leds, so one will need some NVGs, but then that just defeats the purpose. HAHAHAHA! J/K.

I think it's a nice radio for the price. If it doesn't have what you need/want, then get a radio that does. For me, my DX8 is EXACTLY what I want/need. If my DX8 ever needs service, my DX6i is there to fill the gap.
ElIntocable is offline Find More Posts by ElIntocable
Old May 07, 2011, 11:23 AM
Park Stormer
United States, NJ, Brooklawn
Joined Jul 2008
823 Posts
The issue with the "if you don't like it, don't buy it" attitude, is that it assumes the DX7s being available wont effect the rest of us who have invested in spektrum gear.

For example, you can kiss a (badly needed) price drop on the DX8 goodbye, as it would sit too close to the DX7s. It also means that rather than innovating, like Futaba with it's sBus system, or Hitec with the A9's touch screen and industry leading user interface, Horizon chose to back-slide with Spektrum and give us the DX7s.

It's starting to feel like Spektrum is loosing it's "hook" when you see the two largest competitors releasing cheaper (but clearly not lower quality) gear with new features, and HH releases....this. If your at the flying field with your buddies, using other 2.4ghz systems with all sorts of sexy new party tricks, and your stuck with stale tech, you start thinking you bet on the wrong horse...

Then again, this might be the result of corporate politics with JR taking their tole. Horizon can't release a radio that sits any higher than an 8 channel, as that would mean competing with it's 2.4ghz development partner. It also means any new tech development must be worked out with JR first. You can't have Spektrum radios with bells and whistles that the higher priced JR radios don't. This sits juxtaposed to Futaba and Hitec, who can populate their radio line up as they see fit.
AggressorBLUE is offline Find More Posts by AggressorBLUE
Last edited by AggressorBLUE; May 07, 2011 at 11:39 AM.
Old May 07, 2011, 11:54 AM
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
11,739 Posts
It seems to me that some of US RC system suppliers are not in the design and marketing "drivers seat". They have to fix poorly-designed plastic trim switches and programming gizmos under warranty and write masterful product descriptions and understandable users manuals.
E-Challenged is offline Find More Posts by E-Challenged
Old May 07, 2011, 01:07 PM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
8,590 Posts
This thread is getting funnier and funnier....."Back slide?" "hide their products flaws"? etc etc....
You guys apparently wouldn't be happy until they give you a 7 ch DX8 for half the price...
Do you really expect their mid priced radio to come out without some missing features? If you cant stand the missing features, then you will just have to buy one with more features....

As for "loosing their hook".... Well, I just have to ask what futaba and hitec are doing to compete with bind-n-fly? oh, thats right, NOTHING.

Back slide? Talk to all the A9 users upgrading from other hitec radios about back sliding, ask them how all the $$ they have invested in modules is working out for them, since the new radio is also a module based system.... a module based system that DOESN'T work with the old modules.... oops...
dacaur is offline Find More Posts by dacaur
Old May 07, 2011, 01:57 PM
Suspended Account
Bucharest, ROMANIA
Joined Mar 2010
835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AggressorBLUE View Post
The issue with the "if you don't like it, don't buy it" attitude, is that it assumes the DX7s being available wont effect the rest of us who have invested in spektrum gear.
The other problem with this atitude being that people might get tired of this silly business approach and do just that.

Personally, because I'm held prisoner by the large number of Spektrum Rx's that I own, I just started to investigate the possibility to use Spektrum modules on other brand radios and kiss HH goodbye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipm785 View Post
Not saying I agree with Gerula, but in fairness the idea of a company being like an individual (and being refered to in the singular) is a mostly American construct. In the UK and several other English speaking countries, companies are a plural (referencing them as a group of people).
indeed
Gerula is offline Find More Posts by Gerula
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 07, 2011, 03:28 PM
NB Canada
Joined Apr 2008
458 Posts
Nice. So telemetry available for a long time and now on low-end radios like this. Meanwhile nothing at all from Futaba.
Beckler is offline Find More Posts by Beckler
Old May 07, 2011, 04:15 PM
Joined Jan 2011
745 Posts
I absolutely love the sour grapes postings.
These adventures in literature are often quite inventive.
guy hanson is offline Find More Posts by guy hanson
Old May 07, 2011, 06:18 PM
Do u have my government cheese
United States, VA, Fredericksburg
Joined Feb 2011
54 Posts
ffrcoupe is offline Find More Posts by ffrcoupe
Old May 07, 2011, 11:37 PM
Now you see it...
United States, KY, Henderson
Joined Feb 2006
446 Posts