Old May 25, 2012, 03:15 PM
just Some Useless Geek
Chicagoland
Joined Oct 2008
2,543 Posts
Chirpy DX7s

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
...The other common cause is that as the radio is turning off (after you move the switch), the transistor that is keeping the radio on allows the voltage that the CPU is measuring to know battery voltage to drop slightly. When that happens, it can for an instant think there's a low-battery condition, so it starts the alarm.

It's nothing to be concerned about, it's just fine. Most likely the chirp will stop when you charge the battery and move the knob off center.
Have you tried reproducing this on the bench? I'd think the hardware guys would want to know about this and maybe come up with a low cost fix, like a cap hung at the right junction. The weirdo chirpiness freaks me out a little.
A Useless Geek is offline Find More Posts by A Useless Geek
to remove ads between posts
Old May 25, 2012, 03:21 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,199 Posts
Sure, I've done it on the bench. That's how I figured out what it is and why we agree it's not an issue.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old May 25, 2012, 09:48 PM
just Some Useless Geek
Chicagoland
Joined Oct 2008
2,543 Posts
Who exactly is agreeing that this freaky set of weirdo noises isn't a problem? Is it the same people who decided that the inactivity alarm didn't need to be included in the manual? Because, c'mon, man. This thing sings like a hayfield full of crickets when I go to turn it off and it would be nice to get some kind of official notice that there really isn't a problem. I am not real impressed with Horizon's technical support of their new DSMX radio line so far.
Old May 25, 2012, 10:13 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,199 Posts
Please refer back to post 692.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old May 25, 2012, 10:19 PM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2011
1,657 Posts
I fear you may have just started a loop that will continue for eternity.
ClosedAccount is offline Find More Posts by ClosedAccount
Old May 26, 2012, 04:32 AM
just Some Useless Geek
Chicagoland
Joined Oct 2008
2,543 Posts
This appears to be the standard AndyKunz response to anything he doesn't want to answer. Give a non-answer and then just refer to that for all future requests for clarification. He has done this on a number of threads. Naturally, since this thread contains discussion which may be revealing Yet Another Weakness in the new DSMX radios AndyKunz will repeat the same behavior. Oh, well.

I wonder if any actual SpektrumRC representatives provide answers on this board anywhere? I haven't found any. Anybody know of any?
Old May 26, 2012, 07:21 AM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Aug 2009
961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smcnally View Post
i fear you may have just started a loop that will continue for eternity.

pach is offline Find More Posts by pach
Old May 26, 2012, 01:35 PM
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Apr 2010
151 Posts
Hi, sorry to bore you with my question. I'm thinking about buying a DX7s to replace my old FM stuff for air, I do however, for my boats, use a DX3S surface radio w/telemetry & works with DSM/DSM2 receivers. I would like to get rid of the DX3S and use only one TX for surface and air. Will the DX7s work with the following surface RX's ?

RS3300T DSM w/telemetry
MR200 Marine DSM
RS300 Marine DSM

TIA,
eddy

PS, I hate wheel radios.
eddy4753 is offline Find More Posts by eddy4753
Last edited by eddy4753; May 26, 2012 at 01:53 PM.
Old May 26, 2012, 02:18 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Aug 2009
961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy4753 View Post
Hi, sorry to bore you with my question. I'm thinking about buying a DX7s to replace my old FM stuff for air, I do however, for my boats, use a DX3S surface radio w/telemetry & works with DSM/DSM2 receivers. I would like to get rid of the DX3S and use only one TX for surface and air. Will the DX7s work with the following surface RX's ?

RS3300T DSM w/telemetry
MR200 Marine DSM
RS300 Marine DSM

TIA,
eddy

PS, I hate wheel radios.
The DX7S works with the MR200 , and the MR3000.

It doesnt work with the SR line though, you would either need to buy a an AR400 receiver for $29.99 each http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...rodID=SPMAR400 or one of the DSM2 clone receiver that sell for cheap.

So if the receiver has MR or AR in the front of the model number it "should" work.
SR doesnt not work though.

Im not a big fan of wheel radios for boats either, Spektrum probably feels the same way since the MR receivers are compatible with their stick radios.
pach is offline Find More Posts by pach
Old May 26, 2012, 05:14 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,199 Posts
Spektrum doesn't have feelings but we do have several boaters, and boaters very commonly use both formats. I used stick radios on my sailboats (I don't think anybody would use a pistol for a sailboat) and pistols for most of my raceboats, but also had a few raceboats I set up on sticks.

There are advantages to boat formats.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old May 26, 2012, 06:22 PM
Canadian Bacon
Kingston, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
13,170 Posts
Now to build a trans. with a tiller on it.

gord.
flypaper 2 is online now Find More Posts by flypaper 2
Old Jun 07, 2012, 07:29 PM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,378 Posts
I've been trying to find out how to use the memory chip to store unlimited model memory and can't seem to find it in the search engine. I know how to copy the 20 models onto the card, but what good does that do when you have to save at least 1 channel to export from the card to the radio to use? That only allows you 38 because you need at least 1 empty place on both the card and radio to allow for transfer without erasing any models. Furthermore, If I can get good at juggling them around that way, it's still a pain.
Anyone know an easier way?
Garry K.
garryk is offline Find More Posts by garryk
Old Jun 07, 2012, 07:40 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,574 Posts
New radio with higher model memory count or get a second radio.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Jun 07, 2012, 09:40 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garryk View Post
I've been trying to find out how to use the memory chip to store unlimited model memory and can't seem to find it in the search engine. I know how to copy the 20 models onto the card, but what good does that do when you have to save at least 1 channel to export from the card to the radio to use? That only allows you 38 because you need at least 1 empty place on both the card and radio to allow for transfer without erasing any models. Furthermore, If I can get good at juggling them around that way, it's still a pain.
Anyone know an easier way?
Garry K.
I keep multiple folders for them, sorted by types of models. Then I can pull in what I need at any time. I also have folders that I've Exported All to where the folder is the date I did it.

You need to create the folders on the PC, but it fits my needs.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 08, 2012, 11:32 AM
just Some Useless Geek
Chicagoland
Joined Oct 2008
2,543 Posts
What Andy said. I created folders (directories) for categories of planes, then put all my models of that category into the folder after editing them to remove references to a particular slot, etc. When I want to switch in a plane I grab the model file off the card from its category folder.

The key here is the use of your desktop or laptop computer to do editing and arranging of your SD card. Proper model management is critical to keeping this stuff sorted out, otherwise you end up with a mess containing duplicates, close-but-not-quite renamed copies of models, etc. Stay with it and the radio is fairly easy to use. Remember: time spent organizing at your desk is time you don't have to waste out at the field.