HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 01, 2012, 01:29 PM
United States, TX, Cedar Park
Joined Oct 2011
109 Posts
I haven't yet as I'm at work. Once I'm home I plan on giving it a try.
sq0nk is offline Find More Posts by sq0nk
to remove ads between posts
Old May 05, 2012, 08:10 PM
United States, CT, Stamford
Joined Jan 2007
813 Posts
Reset the timer back to full on Dx7s w/o shut off?

Hello all

Sorry if this has already been discussed in this thread but I picked up a Dx7s today and its really my first Spektrum radio of this type and have setup the timer to be active or not active when the Throttle is in use.

So its:
Mode: Countdown
Time: 5:30 Vibe
Start: Throttle
Pos: 3%

So far am just using the Tx for my 120sr and so as is pretty standard, I run down the pack and then would like to just install a new and fly with a reset of the timer.

But unless I'm wrong, I don't see anyway to start it again unless I shut the whole radio off and on again and it comes back to the full time as it goes through a whole new restart.

So is there any other way to do this ???? as that's kinda annoying plus its gotta not be good on the switch or the system.

Thanks for any help.
WBFAir is offline Find More Posts by WBFAir
Old May 05, 2012, 08:11 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,165 Posts
On the main screen press the CLEAR button. It's in the manual.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old May 11, 2012, 02:40 PM
Omi
Hungary
Joined Dec 2007
13 Posts
Hello! Is there an elegant solution for my problem?
I fly helis in mode 2 but airplanes in mode 4. Looks to me that I can't assign a different mode to each model. Why not, Horisont? Seems or I ignore a name of channel and make my own mixes or have to change mode in settings each time I change from heli to plane and back. There is a chance for mess things up. Maybe I miss something?
Omi is offline Find More Posts by Omi
Old May 11, 2012, 02:56 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,165 Posts
You can change the mode between 2 and 4 very easily. On the System Settings menu, change the mode when you change the type of model. The setting is stored as a system parameter.

Proper technique is

1) Select Model.
2) Select Mode.
3) Exit to the menu.
4) Power down the radio.
5) Power up the radio to fly.
6) Check controls for proper mode.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old May 11, 2012, 11:35 PM
Omi
Hungary
Joined Dec 2007
13 Posts
Thank You Andy. Yes, that is exactly what I mean. A simple 2 step would be easier. I understand why it is like that. If you would put a mode line in model settings this would make big problems for downloading and sharing model files. But anyway, first time in my life I can see what my mix does during programming. That's was a huge painintheuss on Turnigy radio.
Omi is offline Find More Posts by Omi
Old May 12, 2012, 01:45 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,399 Posts
Have a question about the frame rate!
I'm using Hitec and futaba digital servos in my Seagull 540 .46, but the throttle servo is a HS-425BB Deluxe which is analog.
http://www.hitecrcd.com/products/ana.../hs-425bb.html

From the manual it says, "The 11ms fast frame rate is not compatible with some types of analog servos, so the 22ms rate may be required".

I've set it to 11ms and tested on the bench and seem to work fine! Just wondering what the symptoms of having a servo that is not compatible?
well it not work at all? or short it out over time etc... heaven forbid inflight

As it says some types are not compatible?

Also when setting your radio to 11ms, is that just pertaining to that model, or do you have to switch back to 22ms when you change the model that does not use digital servos!

Sorry in advance if this has been covered
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old May 12, 2012, 07:40 AM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2007
6,789 Posts
The key word is MAY.
check out the servo opration when it is hookedup in the model - if it is a nervous nellie - kick back to 22ms.
you jes never know in some cases

I have some old JR servos -same size as JRSport 48 size.
the JRs work fine at 11ms -the 48s get antsy
non digital in both cases .
richard hanson is offline Find More Posts by richard hanson
Old May 12, 2012, 08:44 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
Have a question about the frame rate!
I'm using Hitec and futaba digital servos in my Seagull 540 .46, but the throttle servo is a HS-425BB Deluxe which is analog.
http://www.hitecrcd.com/products/ana.../hs-425bb.html

From the manual it says, "The 11ms fast frame rate is not compatible with some types of analog servos, so the 22ms rate may be required".

I've set it to 11ms and tested on the bench and seem to work fine! Just wondering what the symptoms of having a servo that is not compatible?
11ms only applies to AILE, ELEV, and AUX1. All the other channels are still 22ms. On the DX10t/DX18 then RUDD is also 11ms. This allows you to use cheap servos on the places where it is less important to have a high refresh rate. Your primary flight controls will be fast, less-important functions will be slower.

Quote:
Also when setting your radio to 11ms, is that just pertaining to that model, or do you have to switch back to 22ms when you change the model that does not use digital servos!
The 11/22 action is only activated during the BIND! If you set it to 11, bind, and set it to 22 - you'll still be at 11!

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old May 12, 2012, 08:47 AM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2007
6,789 Posts
Now that's some handy info
Somehow I overlooked it in the manual---
richard hanson is offline Find More Posts by richard hanson
Old May 12, 2012, 10:57 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
11ms only applies to AILE, ELEV, and AUX1. All the other channels are still 22ms. On the DX10t/DX18 then RUDD is also 11ms. This allows you to use cheap servos on the places where it is less important to have a high refresh rate. Your primary flight controls will be fast, less-important functions will be slower.

The 11/22 action is only activated during the BIND! If you set it to 11, bind, and set it to 22 - you'll still be at 11!

Andy
Awesome Andy thanks for the clarification! May just may have to set too 11ms and re-bind! the edge.
But that bind process is for each model all my models are now at 22ms, if i rebind the edge540 to 11ms, all the others well stay at 22ms?
RCG Plus Member
Old May 12, 2012, 11:30 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,165 Posts
The others will stay at 22ms. It's a model-level setting, and it is set only at bind.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old May 12, 2012, 02:17 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,399 Posts
Thanks Andy!
RCG Plus Member
Old May 14, 2012, 09:10 AM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2011
1,657 Posts
Andy, I had a strange issue with telemetry this weekend and was wondering if you had any ideas. My plane was about 200 yards away from me and 150' up and the telemetry signal level shown on my DX7S started flashing. It showed full bars for the flight and then the full bars would just start flashing. If it's a range issue, then shouldn't the number of bars drop?
ClosedAccount is offline Find More Posts by ClosedAccount
Old May 14, 2012, 09:36 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,165 Posts
It was saying "The receiver hears the tx fine" (that's the full set of bars) and "The transmitter isn't hearing the TM1000 very well" (the flashing).

This is usually due to the antenna orientation of the TM1000 to the tx.

Unless you were using a TM1100 - they only have about 400' range or so.

Andy
Site Sponsor