HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 05, 2012, 05:52 PM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,469 Posts
It was kind of unclear.To me anyway.
Is this just on the throttle channel? Or all channels?
aerocal is offline Find More Posts by aerocal
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2012, 06:03 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,392 Posts
After I read more closely, it's my bad. I didn't catch "sticks do nothing."

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 05, 2012, 08:32 PM
Drifting off the reservation..
USA, LA, Broussard
Joined Jan 2011
2,296 Posts
Never mind. It's the receiver.
Thanks for the assist!
JumpySticks is offline Find More Posts by JumpySticks
Old Feb 06, 2012, 07:54 AM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpySticks View Post
Never mind. It's the receiver.
Thanks for the assist!
Could you be more specific? What Rx are you using?
It sounds like possibly the remote has become detached.Possibly a bad connector lead.
Ive only ever seen one that completely failed.In that case it simply went dark all the way around.If the led is solid on what exactly made you decide it was the Rx? Just curious.
If it is capable of using a remote it needs to have a remote attached to work as designed.If the remote becomes disconnected it will continue to work on the main Rx alone until it is repowered.If the remote isnt attached at powerup the led will come on solid but the Rx likely wont "connect" and function.
DSM2 Rx needs DSM2 remote.DSMX Rx needs DSMX remote.Neither is designed to use a mismatched remote.It may bind and leds come on but it may fail to connect and function.
Old Feb 06, 2012, 09:15 AM
Drifting off the reservation..
USA, LA, Broussard
Joined Jan 2011
2,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerocal View Post
Could you be more specific? What Rx are you using?
It sounds like possibly the remote has become detached.Possibly a bad connector lead.
Ive only ever seen one that completely failed.In that case it simply went dark all the way around.If the led is solid on what exactly made you decide it was the Rx? Just curious.

If it is capable of using a remote it needs to have a remote attached to work as designed.If the remote becomes disconnected it will continue to work on the main Rx alone until it is repowered.If the remote isnt attached at powerup the led will come on solid but the Rx likely wont "connect" and function.
DSM2 Rx needs DSM2 remote.DSMX Rx needs DSMX remote.Neither is designed to use a mismatched remote.It may bind and leds come on but it may fail to connect and function.
Well, I ended up completely rebinding another AR7000 receiver I have on another plane and it bound fine, and worked fine with the transmitter. I had tried the same process at the field and couldn't get any response, so at that time I assumed it was the transmitter.

The remote lights up normally. The main receiver does not. Initially it was lighting up, but seemed glitchy. Now it does not light at all. The remote receiver acts normally. Kinda weird, but luckily I bought it less than 30 days ago at LHS, flew it only a couple times, so I think they will give me an exchange.
JumpySticks is offline Find More Posts by JumpySticks
Old Feb 12, 2012, 08:49 PM
Back in the hobby- ALL in!
United States, NH, Greenland
Joined Feb 2012
990 Posts
Andy,

New to computer radios. bought a 7s and have 2 airplanes on it now; an Art Tech Yak 54 and a Twisted Hobby Edge 540 foamie. Curious about mixing. I see the Ail/ rudder mix and understand that. What if I want to mix Ail/ elevator? what are the mix1-6 about? Are there any videos showing the mixing options and programming?
Thanks.

So far I really like the Tx but I'm coming from a gold Futaba from 15 years ago!
dth7 is offline Find More Posts by dth7
Old Feb 12, 2012, 08:57 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,392 Posts
Yes, those are called P-Mixes (programmable mixes, aka free mixes) and that's exactly what they're for. You can mix anything to anything.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 13, 2012, 09:07 AM
Joined Feb 2012
990 Posts
Ok. I'll have to play with it since it doesn't seem as straight fwd as the ail/ rue mix. I assume hey don't have to be designated to a switch. I'll look in manual. I'm on he road and as just thinking about it. Thanks
Old Feb 13, 2012, 09:17 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,392 Posts
You can set the switch to "ON" and that will make it always active.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 13, 2012, 12:59 PM
Joined Feb 2012
990 Posts
Thanks much.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 09:59 PM
Joined Jan 2012
7 Posts
This may be a silly question, but here goes:

I am using the new spektrum Dx7s with the Airfield P-51 Foamie Warbird. I am trying to figure out which "wing" and "tail" types I should select in the menu system setup. I plan on utilizing Y harnesses for ailerons and flaps, essentially taking 2 aileron servos down to 1 connection in the receiver and taking 2 flap servos down to 1 in the receiver as well. Therefore, would this be "defined" as a 1 Aileron/1 Flap setup based on Spektrums menu setting?

Similar question for the tail. The elevators are connected by two rods but they both feed into 1 single servo with a "collar" type servo connection. The rudder is served by just 1 dedicated servo as well. Therefore, should this be chosen as a "normal" tail setup based on Spektrums menu setting?

Thanks,

Jon
Indy
indyjon is offline Find More Posts by indyjon
Old Feb 15, 2012, 01:28 AM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,469 Posts
That would be correct.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 10:08 PM
You can't take the sky from me
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Aug 2011
1,083 Posts
Quick question, has anyone used this with a sim yet? I'm probably going to get clearview, but I'm not sure if it will work. And the cable should be available at my LHS, right?
Thanks
copperbricks is offline Find More Posts by copperbricks
Old Feb 16, 2012, 08:52 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,392 Posts
Yes, they get a lot of use on sims! If it will take any JR or Spektrum transmitter, your sim should work just fine. Get the cable from your LHS.

I haven't heard of clearview, but people are using the radio with Phoenix, FS-1, RF, Reflex, and others.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 25, 2012, 08:09 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jan 2012
3 Posts
Is there replacement antenna pins available?
Raptor2242 is offline Find More Posts by Raptor2242