HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 19, 2012, 10:04 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
22,294 Posts
Fully charged NIMH pack would show close too 6.0v then drop off to around 5.5v - 5.6v fairly quickly but the stay there for long time. Many have reported the voltage indicator off by .2 - .3v on the DX8 and so maybe this also trickled down in the DX7s.

The bar graph like the DX6i does not appear full when pack is fully charged. Might be because you get use a lipo battery with it. At least thats how it is on my DX8.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2012, 03:25 PM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,097 Posts
While it is possible to see close to 6volt after fully charging a 4S NiMh pack its normally going to be 5.2-5.4 or so.5.2 isnt abnormal.If your seeing 5.5 or higher the pack had probably degraded some.They are going to spend most of their time between 5.2-4.7.The most important thing is this.When the pack gets warm during charging it is done.Dont try to put more juice into it at this point.It will only degrade the cells.Letting them get hot will ruin them.
DONT OVERCHARGE.They will then have a reduced capacity and your runtime from that pack will be reduced permanently.A pack that has not been hammered on the charger will give 10-15 hrs of runtime.
Im honestly having a hard time trying to figure out why anyone would expect something else.
aerocal is offline Find More Posts by aerocal
Old Jan 19, 2012, 05:02 PM
Joined Dec 2011
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Fully charged NIMH pack would show close too 6.0v then drop off to around 5.5v - 5.6v fairly quickly but the stay there for long time. Many have reported the voltage indicator off by .2 - .3v on the DX8 and so maybe this also trickled down in the DX7s.

The bar graph like the DX6i does not appear full when pack is fully charged. Might be because you get use a lipo battery with it. At least thats how it is on my DX8.
When I first got my DX7S, I left it on the charger for well over 12 hours and it read 5.4V. During use, it dropped to 4.8V and stayed there for a long time. Eventually it continued to drop to 4.4V, at which point the low battery alarm went off.
Dodge DeBoulet is offline Find More Posts by Dodge DeBoulet
Old Jan 19, 2012, 05:10 PM
Grand Rapids MI.
Joined Feb 2011
404 Posts
DX7 or DX8

Ok guys Im jumping ship and ditching my Futaba 7C. Ive been reading the DX7 thread for the past week and I like it so far My only question is how long before I'm gunna want a DX8 or is just an extra $100+ for unnecessary bells and wistles
OTTOFLYS is offline Find More Posts by OTTOFLYS
Old Jan 19, 2012, 06:23 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Aug 2009
953 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scribble79 View Post
I really emjoy my DX7S only thing I also found that that 8 has that the 7 doesn't is the 8 has servo speed changing ability.
Yes, it does btw.. The DX7S interface doesnt have servo speed changing ability though..

But you can modify the .SPM file to give you servo slow for any channel.

Unfortunately you cant trick the DX7S to use channel 8, or atleast I couldnt find a way...
pach is offline Find More Posts by pach
Old Jan 19, 2012, 08:35 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
20,490 Posts
You won't - it's hard-coded out.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 19, 2012, 10:55 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Aug 2009
953 Posts
Yeah, you get an error about Index # 7 , I just hope you guys keep the servo slow easter egg in.
pach is offline Find More Posts by pach
Old Jan 20, 2012, 06:03 AM
The woods
Joined Feb 2011
104 Posts
Please give more on speed slowing.
scribble79 is offline Find More Posts by scribble79
Old Jan 20, 2012, 06:30 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
22,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scribble79 View Post
Please give more on speed slowing.
Look at or in the SPM files. Get a blank model memory and reduce the flap speed, then look at a default blank and see the difference. Then apply that difference to another channel and see what happens. You need to reload that modded SPM file and if you made a error the radio will let you know.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 07:02 AM
The woods
Joined Feb 2011
104 Posts
Thanks.
scribble79 is offline Find More Posts by scribble79
Old Jan 20, 2012, 07:16 PM
Joined Nov 2006
1,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Look at or in the SPM files. Get a blank model memory and reduce the flap speed, then look at a default blank and see the difference. Then apply that difference to another channel and see what happens. You need to reload that modded SPM file and if you made a error the radio will let you know.
So it's not that the radio is incapable of doing it you just have to go through back channels to achieve it because it is disabled? Maybe I am just confused.
Kurpal is offline Find More Posts by Kurpal
Old Jan 20, 2012, 08:05 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
22,294 Posts
Sort of. It's the same on the DX8. PM me if you want more details.
Old Feb 05, 2012, 05:36 PM
Drifting off the reservation..
USA, LA, Broussard
Joined Jan 2011
2,284 Posts
My DX7 appears to have died. It binds to the receiver, but the esc does not enable and moving the sticks does nothing. Lights are solid on the receiver. If I turn off and on the transmitter I get the ususal single flashing light indicating a loss of signal. Just getting no response to commands. There is a signal apparently, and it's bound, but no control response. Any clues?
JumpySticks is offline Find More Posts by JumpySticks
Old Feb 05, 2012, 05:46 PM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpySticks View Post
My DX7 appears to have died. It binds to the receiver, but the esc does not enable and moving the sticks does nothing. Lights are solid on the receiver. If I turn off and on the transmitter I get the ususal single flashing light indicating a loss of signal. Just getting no response to commands. There is a signal apparently, and it's bound, but no control response. Any clues?
Do you mean DX7s ? Exactly which Rx are you using? If it is a sat/remote capable Rx do you have the remote installed? Are you sure the servos are not plugged in upside down?
What do you see happening n the Monitor screen?
aerocal is offline Find More Posts by aerocal
Old Feb 05, 2012, 05:48 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
20,490 Posts
Try adjusting the throttle trim all the way down. Many ESCs won't arm until they see low throttle.

Then RE-BIND so that your power is off for failsafe.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor