HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 16, 2012, 08:30 PM
Joined Feb 2008
2,787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandojs View Post
I haven't found much luck reading through the manual, but is there a way to change/disable the system inactive warning? Its a bit jolting to be coasting gently when the transmitter starts beeping and vibrating.
Am I understanding correctly that you were flying for minutes with no stick movements? Do you trim your plane to always turn so it stays in view? A lot of people have expressed annoyance at the timer, but this is the first case I recall where someone was (apparently) flying! If so, this may be the best argument yet for making it configurable.
Dave H. is offline Find More Posts by Dave H.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2012, 03:01 PM
The Northeast Kingdom, Vermont
Joined Jun 2004
5,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandojs View Post
I haven't found much luck reading through the manual, but is there a way to change/disable the system inactive warning? Its a bit jolting to be coasting gently when the transmitter starts beeping and vibrating.
What do you fly? Kites
If you haven't made a stick input in the last ten minutes, you've probably fallen asleep. I fly thermal sailplanes with polyhedral wings, and about one minute with no input is about tops for me
Pete
pilotpete2 is offline Find More Posts by pilotpete2
Old Jan 17, 2012, 05:33 PM
The woods
Joined Feb 2011
104 Posts
The throttle activated timer is the reason I sold my dx6i for the 7.
scribble79 is offline Find More Posts by scribble79
Old Jan 17, 2012, 07:06 PM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotpete2 View Post
What do you fly? Kites
If you haven't made a stick input in the last ten minutes, you've probably fallen asleep. I fly thermal sailplanes with polyhedral wings, and about one minute with no input is about tops for me
Pete
Inactivity alarm with current Airware is 5 mins.
aerocal is offline Find More Posts by aerocal
Old Jan 17, 2012, 08:13 PM
The Northeast Kingdom, Vermont
Joined Jun 2004
5,324 Posts
I'd find that annoying on the bench and at the flight line
Even at five minutes the chance of it actually going off while flying is still slim to none.
Pete
pilotpete2 is offline Find More Posts by pilotpete2
Old Jan 17, 2012, 10:47 PM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,362 Posts
There selling the Transmitter only DX7s here
http://www.espritmodel.com/spektrum-...nly-radio.aspx
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Jan 18, 2012, 07:31 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jan 2012
3 Posts
I bought the DX7s and very happy with it, I just hope a backlight kit will be available for it.
Raptor2242 is offline Find More Posts by Raptor2242
Old Jan 18, 2012, 09:04 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor2242 View Post
I bought the DX7s and very happy with it, I just hope a backlight kit will be available for it.
If this is important to you why did you not buy the DX8 and sell all the extra components that are not included with the DX7s, it would of probable come down to same price and you would of had your backlight from the factory and the extra that it can do over the DX7s?

Just curious, there almost identical radios without the backlight and here you want to add it to yours.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Jan 18, 2012, 09:53 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jan 2012
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
If this is important to you why did you not buy the DX8 and sell all the extra components that are not included with the DX7s, it would of probable come down to same price and you would of had your backlight from the factory and the extra that it can do over the DX7s?

Just curious, there almost identical radios without the backlight and here you want to add it to yours.
I wouldn't say it's important, but it's just something which is useful, I like the DX8 but I couldn't afford it. Anyway Ive been enjoying my DX7s and i reckon it's a great transmitter!

Quote:
there almost identical radios without the backlight
Yes I agree but as I said its just a good useful feature to have.
Raptor2242 is offline Find More Posts by Raptor2242
Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:49 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,650 Posts
I am very surprised they did not include it in the DX7s, it's nice to have and many of todays manufacturer are including it. My lower priced surface radio came with OEM backlight. Oh well.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 05:27 PM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,362 Posts
Im sure you could send it in and request a back light for a cost
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Jan 19, 2012, 09:15 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jan 2012
3 Posts
Hey guys new here, I have bought the dx7s and noticed faded pixels(on list, top right corner) when I go to monitor and when I go to a different setting like servo setup(same corner) it's not faded anymore? I'll post pics probably tomorrow. It doesn't matter much but it's a bit strange, overall its a good transmitter
Rc_newb is offline Find More Posts by Rc_newb
Last edited by Rc_newb; Jan 19, 2012 at 10:01 AM.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 09:59 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,650 Posts
Your best bet is to contact HH or possibly Andy and send them pictures of what you are seeing. Chances are if you can't live with it your only option will be to send it in for service.

Have you try changing the contrast of the screen? Maybe it will help.
If you bought it brand new from LHS, they might be able to help you out by exchanging it for you.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 10:10 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jan 2012
3 Posts
Quote:
Your best bet is to contact HH or possibly Andy and send them pictures of what you are seeing. Chances are if you can't live with it your only option will be to send it in for service.

Have you try changing the contrast of the screen? Maybe it will help.
If you bought it brand new from LHS, they might be able to help you out by exchanging it for you.
Yea I've tried changing the contrast of the screen but it's still lighter than the rest of the screen when i just go onto monitor but I guess I can live with it, just strange how it's a bit faded and then I go to a different setting it's normal.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 10:16 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jan 2012
3 Posts
With the battery indicator on tx does it always show 5.2v when it's fully charged or something. The battery Icon on it shows that it's not fully charged?
Last edited by Rc_newb; Jan 19, 2012 at 10:57 AM.