HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 27, 2011, 08:49 PM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by copperbricks View Post
Quick question- in wing types, if I select 2 aileron and 2 flap servos will it bump one of the ailerons into the gear channel?
thanks
btw, love the dual flap option-helped with a plane where the flaps were extending unevenly.
Yes.With 2 ail and 2 flp your out of channels.The other 3 are needed for thr ele rud.
aerocal is offline Find More Posts by aerocal
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2011, 07:39 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,137 Posts
Actually the left aileron goes to Aux1 and Gear becomes Left Flap.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 28, 2011, 09:26 AM
You can't take the sky from me
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Aug 2011
1,083 Posts
oh, okay, thanks
copperbricks is offline Find More Posts by copperbricks
Old Dec 29, 2011, 08:36 AM
Joined Dec 2011
8 Posts
I've just bought this radio
if i buy the USB cable can i use the dx7s with realflight g 4,5?
ldely is offline Find More Posts by ldely
Old Dec 29, 2011, 08:44 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,648 Posts
If RF 4,5 does not require to see its own TX. Last time I play with my brother RF G4.5 it needed to see the stock TX connected in order to start.

I think you can connect real TX in the SIM TX. Would need to confirm with BRO first.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Dec 29, 2011, 08:46 AM
ride hard and fly low
Joined Aug 2011
585 Posts
Andy,

I went over the owners manual before trying to tighten the throttle stick, got several turns on the adjustment scew with no results to the throttle stick. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
H.D. is offline Find More Posts by H.D.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 09:06 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,137 Posts
I don't know, but if you call Support they can actually do it with you on the line. I'm going to be offline most of today.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 29, 2011, 09:44 PM
Joined Nov 2006
1,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
I don't know, but if you call Support they can actually do it with you on the line.

Andy
Woah is there an extra hourly fee they charge for that? Surely not all the people in this hobby are that lonely...

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Kurpal is offline Find More Posts by Kurpal
Old Dec 30, 2011, 03:59 AM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurpal View Post
Woah is there an extra hourly fee they charge for that? Surely not all the people in this hobby are that lonely...

Sorry, couldn't resist.
No comment.
aerocal is offline Find More Posts by aerocal
Old Dec 30, 2011, 09:50 AM
Joined Dec 2011
6 Posts
DX7s and USB cable issue

Did any of you guys test the DX7s with a USB simulator cable that you previously used with another spectrum radio and if so does it work?

I noticed that many of the usb cables do not support DX7se because it is faster radio (most likely reason). Based on what I read the DX7s is as fast as the DX7se so it is likely that the existing USB simulator cables will not work. I actually tried one and it did not work (tomsrc.com for JR).

I wonder if anyone got lucky with their old cables.
soarak is offline Find More Posts by soarak
Last edited by soarak; Dec 30, 2011 at 10:17 AM. Reason: correction
Old Dec 30, 2011, 10:24 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,137 Posts
The DX7s trainer system works fine with simulators. It is identical to the DX8, which matches the JR standard.

The ability to get the DX7SE's latency in the DX7s and DX8 has to with a decade-ish newer design and chips. The DX7SE had no trainer capability - that was what you had to give up in order to get the speed.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 30, 2011, 11:35 AM
Joined Dec 2011
6 Posts
Thank you for the explanation

Thank you a lot!

Quote:
The DX7s trainer system works fine with simulators. It is identical to the DX8, which matches the JR standard.

The ability to get the DX7SE's latency in the DX7s and DX8 has to with a decade-ish newer design and chips. The DX7SE had no trainer capability - that was what you had to give up in order to get the speed.

Andy
Old Dec 30, 2011, 01:02 PM
Joined Dec 2011
6 Posts
How to set up the DX7s with USB simulator cable

Could anyone please tell me how to set up the DX7s with the USB simulator cable. Do I need to program the transmitter with special trainer setting to get signal output on training port. I noticed the trainer configuration has four choices Inhibit, Programmable, Pilot Link Master and Slave. I am not sure if any of these play any role when DX7s is connected to a PC. My issue is the USB cable registers fine with the windows 7 as game controller but I get no signal to the PC.

Is using the USB simulator cable connection as simple as plugging it into the transmitter and selecting the right model? Are my issues related to the cable connector and not the trasmitter?

Quote:

Andy
Last edited by soarak; Dec 30, 2011 at 01:03 PM. Reason: correction
Old Dec 30, 2011, 01:42 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,137 Posts
Inhibit mode is a Normal Slave. In this mode, the PPM is what you would be sending to the airplane if you were flying a model. If you change wing type, the PPM will be different accordingly. You can use the trims, etc. just as if you were flying. With this mode, the programming in BOTH radio needs to match!

In Slave mode, the signals going out on the 4 primary channels are stick positions only. This would be what you would likely use with a P-Link Master transmitter.

The mode named Programmable is a standard master mode. You specify which channels are used in the PPM stream from the slave. The data is sent unmodified directly to the airplane. Remember, this mode requires both Master and Slave radios to be programmed the same.

The P-Link Master takes the first four channels from the slave and acts as if they were the sticks on the master. With this mode, only the master radio needs to have appropriate programming for the airplane.

I suspect you want to have the transmitter in Inhibit mode. This will allow your trims to work (they don't in Slave mode).

Also, you want your transmitter OFF!!! If you turn the transmitter on, it won't generate the signals on the trainer port! When you plug the cable into the radio, it will turn on in slave mode. When you use the front switch it turns on in Master mode.

I'll bet that's where you went wrong. I've done it myself more than once.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 30, 2011, 02:25 PM
Joined Dec 2011
6 Posts
Unfortunately that is not the case I had the Tx off. Could you tell me what the specification for the trainer port is, is it stereo or mono type? I noticed the Phoenix cable is stereo, but other cables available are mostly mono. What is the DX7s requirement? Will it send signal through mono connector or does it need a stereo connector?

Quote:
Inhibit mode is a Normal Slave. In this mode, the PPM is what you would be sending to the airplane if you were flying a model. If you change wing type, the PPM will be different accordingly. You can use the trims, etc. just as if you were flying. With this mode, the programming in BOTH radio needs to match!

In Slave mode, the signals going out on the 4 primary channels are stick positions only. This would be what you would likely use with a P-Link Master transmitter.

The mode named Programmable is a standard master mode. You specify which channels are used in the PPM stream from the slave. The data is sent unmodified directly to the airplane. Remember, this mode requires both Master and Slave radios to be programmed the same.

The P-Link Master takes the first four channels from the slave and acts as if they were the sticks on the master. With this mode, only the master radio needs to have appropriate programming for the airplane.

I suspect you want to have the transmitter in Inhibit mode. This will allow your trims to work (they don't in Slave mode).

Also, you want your transmitter OFF!!! If you turn the transmitter on, it won't generate the signals on the trainer port! When you plug the cable into the radio, it will turn on in slave mode. When you use the front switch it turns on in Master mode.

I'll bet that's where you went wrong. I've done it myself more than once.

Andy