It's ok. We're humans right?
zmonster97 is offline Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Dec 21, 2011, 03:05 AM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tksamac View Post
Just working on my Zero and the DX7s for now. I am going to LHS today and see about getting another ESC for my mustang. Good to have a spare anyways.

So on the DX7s, is there another way to get to System set up mode on a current model other than selecting an empty model location and then going into the model select menu and getting the model you actually want to edit? make sense?

Next, Why is AUX2 the only channel you can select for flaps. Why not AUX1? This makes my DX6i and DX7s incompatible for flaps. I don't want to have to uplug the receiver from AUX1 to AUX2 depending on what Transmitter I plan to use.

I always have two tranmitters on the field and would like them to be configured as similar as possible.

comments?

Thanks

Terry
The only other way to get back to the System menus other than going through model select is to power it on holding the roller down.

Im not sure I understand the flap channel mapping question.You dont select the channel that a control surface will be mapped to.It is assigned by the radio depending on your "wing type".Standard 1 aileron 1 flap maps the flap to Aux1.Look at the monitor screen to see what channel a control is mapped to.

I think maybe you are talking about the switch select menu and only being able to assign Flap to Aux2.Dont worry about assigning the Flap switch here.
Assign the switch in the flap menu.
aerocal is online now Find More Posts by aerocal
Old Dec 21, 2011, 04:23 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Sep 2006
37 Posts
Thanks AeroCal,

That did the trick. I have it working now. I go to that monitor menu alot now.

I would say not be able to get to the System menu in an easier fashion is kind of agrivating but I guess you get used to it.

Terry
tksamac is offline Find More Posts by tksamac
Old Dec 23, 2011, 10:16 AM
Joined Dec 2011
40 Posts
Unboxing & Review of The New Spektrum DX7s

Unboxing & Review of The New Spektrum DX7s (5 min 18 sec)
phtphan is offline Find More Posts by phtphan
Old Dec 23, 2011, 10:28 AM
Joined Jan 2008
118 Posts
I can't believe they didn't put a backlight in such a nice radio. I think I will be forced to buy the DX 8. I have the dx6i and dx7 and am use to not having one but it would be really nice to have it.
rapala is offline Find More Posts by rapala
Old Dec 23, 2011, 06:53 PM
Joined Sep 2006
37 Posts
I have another interesting question related to two Blade MCPX V2 (brand new) and a DX7s and a DX6x and the DX4e

One blade binds to everything and flies perfect. An "exact" copy only totally binds with the DX4e and with some modulation adjustments on a DX7s and only control surfaces on the DX6i.

No Throttle at all on the DX6i. I put the throttle settings down to the bottom on the trim and all the way down on the travel adjust. I have played around with the DSMX and DSM2 settings and still no dice. I have reset the settings. made sure the throttle hold and cut are not engaged...

I think it is a radio modulation issue but don't what else.

I will still look tonight but advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Terry
Old Dec 23, 2011, 10:28 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,467 Posts
It's definitely not a DSMX issue. The protocols bind according to what hardware is present in the tx and rx.

The concept of partial binding is totally bogus. There is no such thing. Binding means that the receiver and transmitter know how to talk to each other. It's not a partial thing - it's all or nothing. Period.

What model type are you using? Did you change the defaults? Using a default model in either a DX7s or DX6i should put you pretty close to perfect for flying it. They're designed to play nicely together like that.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 23, 2011, 11:02 PM
Joined Sep 2006
37 Posts
Thanks Andy,

I have these Heli's in Heli Mode. I used the setups recommended in the blade mcpx manual. Now one Heli, remember I have identical twins, fires up and flies nicely.

The problem heli has the control surfaces move and the light has a slower blink but no motors (no bind). For more confusion. The problem heli works with a dx4e and the dx7s, it works on the DX6i when I use the Blade450 setup (Blade 450 settings came preprogrammed on the DX6i since it was a combo kit with a Blade 450 Heli).

You learn alot form debugging but I am still looking for the magic setting missing here. Please don't lose your patience with me.

Thanks

Terry
Old Dec 24, 2011, 12:53 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,467 Posts
OK, let's start with terminology so we're speaking the same language. If you put the heli in bind mode and put the tx and bind mode and after a bit you can control the servos, your transmitter and receiver are bound.

Once they are bound like that, if you start up the tx and then the heli and you can control servos again, that means they have connected.

Have you tried copying the Blade450 program to another model slot and just renaming it? What happens with the good heli when you use the Blade 450 settings?

Use the terminology above and call the Support people. They will be able to talk you through it. The MCPX (either one) flies on a default airplane configuration too - default heli and default acro are the same controls.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 24, 2011, 05:13 AM
Flying Dutchman!
Nederland, FL, Emmeloord
Joined Sep 2011
368 Posts
did the telemtry module come with it?
robertboxhoorn is offline Find More Posts by robertboxhoorn
Old Dec 24, 2011, 08:50 AM
Joined Sep 2006
37 Posts
thanks Andy,

I have not copied the blade450 settings but plan on doing that today.

The "good" heli works with everything so far.

I understand your bound and connect terminology but what do you call it when the all the airfoil surfaces work except for the throttle piece?

I will call support when they open after the holidays.

Terry
Old Dec 24, 2011, 09:12 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,467 Posts
The throttle has not armed due to a high value.

Compare what the throttle looks like on the monitor screens of the two computer transmitters as you move the sticks.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 25, 2011, 09:06 AM
Too much is just not enough...
Joined Jan 2009
1,037 Posts
Hi Andy,
Kind of a side question, but do you know why a "throttle hold" function is not available for the 6,7,8 transmitters for acro mode?

I have mixes to make it work for 7 and 8, but not the 6.
Seems like that would be a standard safety funtion available like it is for heli mode.
Maybe a programming update for the newer TX's

Thanks, and Merry Christmas!
Woody_99 is online now Find More Posts by Woody_99