HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 25, 2011, 01:22 PM
Utah
Joined May 2003
78 Posts
Todd's says "Limited time free extra AR8000" at the top of the DX8 Page and is $399 when you add it to the cart (down from $429.)

Ultimate actually sounds cheaper as shipping is included ($16) and the hassle of actually getting the ≈$65 from the additional ar8000... Regardless, thanks for the tip.
bakerzdosen is offline Find More Posts by bakerzdosen
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2011, 01:39 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerzdosen View Post
Todd's says "Limited time free extra AR8000" at the top of the DX8 Page and is $399 when you add it to the cart (down from $429.)

Ultimate actually sounds cheaper as shipping is included ($16) and the hassle of actually getting the ≈$65 from the additional ar8000... Regardless, thanks for the tip.
You can get $65 out of an AR8000 very easily. The going rate during the 2 RX deal was $75-$80, but now that is ending, It will very likely stay in that range and a $70 one would sell pretty quickly.

Either way its still a great radio, now.

I feel bad about the people that had problems with the first few batches, though.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Jun 28, 2011, 01:37 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniGe23 View Post
Can anybody answer this question does the new DX7S have the same built in charger like the DX8 or is it the same as the DX5,6 and 7i and se's ?

I have a DX8 and frankly I cannot stand the built in charger!
Hey guys,..just a question about the new DX7s. I know the DX8 brings a dual charger with the red LEDs to charge the transmitter and the receiver battery at once. Does anyone know if the DX7s brings the dual charger as well. Or does it only bring that universal one plug transmitter charger only?
flyboy0608 is offline Find More Posts by flyboy0608
Old Jun 28, 2011, 09:05 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,274 Posts
The DX7s uses the same power supply as the DX8. It is a transmitter-only item and does not charge your receiver packs.

You may be thinking of the DX7 charger. That was a true wall-mount charger that did both tx and rx.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 28, 2011, 09:36 AM
Dallas, TX
Joined Jan 2010
881 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy0608 View Post
Or does it only bring that universal one plug transmitter charger only?
Just to make the point clearer, it is not a charger, it is a power supply as the charging circuit is contained in the radio itself.

Do not attempt to connect an alternative charger to the DX7S or DX8, if you do not want to use the provided power supply and the built in charging circuit you'll have to remove the battery and charge separately.
Telrin is online now Find More Posts by Telrin
Old Jun 28, 2011, 09:52 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
The DX7s uses the same power supply as the DX8. It is a transmitter-only item and does not charge your receiver packs.

You may be thinking of the DX7 charger. That was a true wall-mount charger that did both tx and rx.

Andy
Well,..yesturday I was at the hobby shop looking or drooling over the $430 Dx8 package which includes an extra AR800 receiver. I noticed that it had the dual TX and RX charger with the LEDs as the old DX7 did. What I didn't see was that power supply you mentioned. I wonder if the $430 package brings that dual charger and not the package with just the DX7s or just the DX8?
Old Jun 28, 2011, 10:59 AM
Dallas, TX
Joined Jan 2010
881 Posts
Quote:
Well,..yesturday I was at the hobby shop looking or drooling over the $430 Dx8 package which includes an extra AR800 receiver. I noticed that it had the dual TX and RX charger with the LEDs as the old DX7 did. What I didn't see was that power supply you mentioned. I wonder if the $430 package brings that dual charger and not the package with just the DX7s or just the DX8?
I really don't think so, either the store had put the wrong item in the box or perhaps there was some other confusion, but the DX8 doesn't ship with a rx battery or with a dual charger, it just has a power supply.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 11:42 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telrin View Post
I really don't think so, either the store had put the wrong item in the box or perhaps there was some other confusion, but the DX8 doesn't ship with a rx battery or with a dual charger, it just has a power supply.
Tell you what, I am going to call my buddy at the hobby shop now and ask him to open it for me. I will get back with you guys on this. STAY TUNED ! !
Old Jun 28, 2011, 12:31 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7 Posts
Quote:
Tell you what, I am going to call my buddy at the hobby shop now and ask him to open it for me. I will get back with you guys on this. STAY TUNED ! !
OK,..I was wrong. My budy says that it only comes with a power supply. Jesus,..I know what I saw. It was a dual charger with dual LEDs and a RX plug at the end. Maybe this box was special or something. But according to him, it only brings a power supply,..OH well ! ! Now when the DX7 comes out,l..i will have to buy a rx charger as well....
Old Jun 28, 2011, 02:30 PM
Dallas, TX
Joined Jan 2010
881 Posts
Quote:
OH well ! ! Now when the DX7 comes out,l..i will have to buy a rx charger as well....
Unless this is your first radio I'd be surprised if you didn't already have more than one way to charge a flight pack, how are you doing it right now?

I know I was happy not to have yet another rx trickle charger in the box.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 04:11 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7 Posts
Quote:
Unless this is your first radio I'd be surprised if you didn't already have more than one way to charge a flight pack, how are you doing it right now?

I know I was happy not to have yet another rx trickle charger in the box.
Well,..I started out with FUTABA 4 ch tx and rx and they always brought they dual tx and rx chargers. then I switched to spektrum DX7 and it too brought its dual charger. So this is the way I have always charged my tx and rx at once. Any other way you can teach me ! !
Old Jun 28, 2011, 04:58 PM
Dallas, TX
Joined Jan 2010
881 Posts
Quote:
So this is the way I have always charged my tx and rx at once. Any other way you can teach me ! !
If you will still have either of those chargers you can continue to use it.

They are not particularly good at ensuring you have a full pack though, you might want to have a chat to your local hobby store about a peak detection charger for your packs.

That way you can charge them faster and be sure they really are full when you use them.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 02:26 PM
The Northeast Kingdom, Vermont
Joined Jun 2004
5,320 Posts
Until that peak detecting charger "false peaks"
For "AA" cells a C/10 charge rate for 14 to 16 hours is the best way to be sure a pack is fully charged.
Pete
pilotpete2 is online now Find More Posts by pilotpete2
Old Jun 30, 2011, 02:34 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7 Posts
Quote:
If you will still have either of those chargers you can continue to use it.

They are not particularly good at ensuring you have a full pack though, you might want to have a chat to your local hobby store about a peak detection charger for your packs.

That way you can charge them faster and be sure they really are full when you use them.
Thanks guys,..I appreciate the input ! ! !
Old Jul 27, 2011, 03:25 PM
Joined Jun 2008
705 Posts
Hey guys anyone know when the 7s will be available? I saw someone on youtube using one so I guess they are out there somewhere, just curious before I buy a DX8. thanks
tamiyafan1975 is offline Find More Posts by tamiyafan1975
RCG Plus Member