HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old May 04, 2011, 06:53 PM
Who, ME?
dll932's Avatar
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
299 Posts
Discussion
I guess all those "welfare queens" don't have 50" Plasmas after all

http://www.adweek.com/news/televisio...0-years-131272
dll932 is online now Find More Posts by dll932
Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2011, 08:31 PM
Registered User
mikefast's Avatar
Houston Intercont, Texas, United States
Joined Jun 2001
122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dll932 View Post
No, they watch TV programs on their computers. Why pay cable charges too?

"The second reason is that some tech-savvy Americans are choosing to live without TV—in part, because of the cord-cutting mind-set that cable providers have been wary of. Many young people aren’t bothering to purchase TVs after graduation, since much of the same programming is available online."
mikefast is online now Find More Posts by mikefast
Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2011, 08:36 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
LcJ's Avatar
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dll932 View Post
You did read the article or just pulled a wild guess out of somewhere?
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2011, 08:44 PM
Who, ME?
dll932's Avatar
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefast View Post
No, they watch TV programs on their computers. Why pay cable charges too?

"The second reason is that some tech-savvy Americans are choosing to live without TV—in part, because of the cord-cutting mind-set that cable providers have been wary of. Many young people aren’t bothering to purchase TVs after graduation, since much of the same programming is available online."
Ever hear of the "digital divide?" Most folk in the hood don't got 'puters either.
dll932 is online now Find More Posts by dll932
Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2011, 08:45 PM
Who, ME?
dll932's Avatar
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LcJ View Post
You did read the article or just pulled a wild guess out of somewhere?
First read it in the Plain Dealer but it's all over the net.
dll932 is online now Find More Posts by dll932
Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2011, 08:49 PM
Registered User
mikefast's Avatar
Houston Intercont, Texas, United States
Joined Jun 2001
122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dll932 View Post
Ever hear of the "digital divide?" Most folk in the hood don't got 'puters either.
But they all have cell phones, and probably with internet connections too.
mikefast is online now Find More Posts by mikefast
Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2011, 08:55 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
LcJ's Avatar
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dll932 View Post
Ever hear of the "digital divide?" Most folk in the hood don't got 'puters either.
Another liberal talking point to get more money to spend to do good with others' money.
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2011, 08:56 PM
Happy Trees
m4rs's Avatar
Colorady
Joined Mar 2005
1,332 Posts
Quote:
The long-term effects of this are still unclear
They are only fooling themselves, does anyone here do business with blockbuster anymore?
m4rs is offline Find More Posts by m4rs
Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2011, 09:00 PM
sensitive artsy type
Treetop's Avatar
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefast View Post
But they all have cell phones, and probably with internet connections too.
Where did you read that?
Treetop is offline Find More Posts by Treetop
Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2011, 09:01 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
LcJ's Avatar
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetop View Post
Where did you read that?
Maybe like myself and others, he has seen it up close and personal so to speak.
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2011, 09:04 PM
sensitive artsy type
Treetop's Avatar
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LcJ View Post
Maybe like myself and others, he has seen it up close and personal so to speak.
Really? Maybe you can help then, if I see a person with a cell phone. A) how do I determine they are on welfare, and B) how do I determine they have internet access?

Or is this one of those "they look like it" judgments... Not too reliable.
Treetop is offline Find More Posts by Treetop
Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2011, 09:06 PM
Happy Trees
m4rs's Avatar
Colorady
Joined Mar 2005
1,332 Posts
That is the premise of the thread.
m4rs is offline Find More Posts by m4rs
Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2011, 09:19 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
LcJ's Avatar
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetop View Post
Really? Maybe you can help then, if I see a person with a cell phone. A) how do I determine they are on welfare, and B) how do I determine they have internet access?

Or is this one of those "they look like it" judgments... Not too reliable.
Or maybe I'm standing behind them in line watching them used the internet on their cell while using their card at the register. Or maybe I am helping them fill out forms while they are using their phones in a similar manner. Or maybe I know they are on welfare and helping them connect to the wireless.

Or maybe I'm just BSing you and you will never know.
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2011, 09:29 PM
Who, ME?
dll932's Avatar
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4rs View Post
They are only fooling themselves, does anyone here do business with blockbuster anymore?
They went Tango Uniform.
dll932 is online now Find More Posts by dll932
Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2011, 09:30 PM
Who, ME?
dll932's Avatar
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefast View Post
But they all have cell phones, and probably with internet connections too.
I can just see the family unit gathered around the 3 inch screen...
dll932 is online now Find More Posts by dll932
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Don't those things all catch fire ? D B Cooper Life, The Universe, and Politics 14 Nov 24, 2010 05:00 AM
Discussion For those who don't have a Picco Z Jacked637 Micro Helis 1 Aug 27, 2006 04:45 PM
I don't have such bad luck after all... Thomas Manson Parkflyers 9 Sep 24, 2003 05:43 PM
Retracts for those who don't have an extra channel SpaKack Parkflyers 15 Nov 30, 2002 02:40 PM