Old May 04, 2011, 01:51 PM
MultiWiiHead
Corvallis OR
Joined Apr 2004
258 Posts
Discussion
Waterfalls & Snow

Greetings,

Shot this with a gopro/sunnex lens off a multiwii tricopter. No post processing... I need to figure out virtual dub soon I guess. Anyway, looking for some opnions, let me know what you think... thanks

Alsea Falls and Mary's Peak.wmv (6 min 36 sec)
Centurian is offline Find More Posts by Centurian
to remove ads between posts
Old May 04, 2011, 02:45 PM
Israel, Ness Ziona
Joined Sep 2004
4,681 Posts
Looks great video and cool sound
Just make it shorter next time after 2 min it is ... to see

GUY
guyg is offline Find More Posts by guyg
Old May 04, 2011, 03:04 PM
Birmingham, Alabama
Joined Jun 2002
2,970 Posts
Would be really good with some minor motion compensation, color / gamma / exposure correction & dropping the sickly music choice :P
Toysrme is offline Find More Posts by Toysrme
Old May 05, 2011, 07:18 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,707 Posts
I watched this on your You Tube channel and I think it was a good test for your stabilised gimbal.
I enjoyed the video but perhaps half Alsea Falls and half Mary's Peak might have been a better balance and I am afraid the music did nothing to enhance my viewing pleasure.
I have watched quite a few videos with fast water and an effect I like and think it enhances greatly is some slow motion footage.
You will probably realise that the editing is the hardest part, what to leave out, what to leave in and as long as you are pleased with the result that is more than half the battle as you will never please everyone
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old May 06, 2011, 09:33 AM
Rich Hill Missouri 64779
Joined Nov 2003
8,377 Posts
Actually, I thought it was a great video and very smooth. I'd be tickled with a video that smooth. Even though I didn't understand the voice on the music, I enjoyed it. I like easy listening music. I'm not too crazy about this loud screaming acid rock or rap ( c-rap) music. I know that most of the younger generation does though. And I'm OK with their liking it!
quailbird is offline Find More Posts by quailbird
Old May 06, 2011, 06:52 PM
MultiWiiHead
Corvallis OR
Joined Apr 2004
258 Posts
Thanks for the input... I actualy had it edited down farther and windblows movie maker crashed, so I gave up and posted.

The music is some thai folk music I had on hand, I enjoy it myself, but it's meaningful to me. I don't really know where to find music that can be used on youtube.. any advice is appreciated.

All the video is at 1/2speed except the car shot. The water was really moving and generating an amazing amount of wind. I didn't have a spotter and wasn't comfortable flying FPV in that tight of an area, so I'm happy with how well I managed to capture things and how well the stabalized gimbal is working out.

I have a lot to learn on the editing side.. heck, with these little beasts there's always more to learn!!
Centurian is offline Find More Posts by Centurian
Old May 06, 2011, 07:24 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,707 Posts
I was directed to this site http://incompetech.com/m/c/royalty-f...&Search=Search you will need to do a biit of searching around but there is lots of Royalty Free Music there.

I have used a track composed by Kevin MacLeod for a video I did of me teaching my godson to ride his bike
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMcIqMI73Tc
I just gave him a credit in the end titles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centurian View Post
I don't really know where to find music that can be used on youtube.. any advice is appreciated.
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft