SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 04, 2011, 02:48 PM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,622 Posts
Discussion
Slow to ship, not as promised when order was placed

Well, BH is falling down on the shipping side of things, again. On April 27, I placed an order for three items, all of which indicated that they would ship in 1-3 days. Here it is, the fourth working day later with no shipping confirmation yet. On line order staus today indicates...."Will ship in one to three days".........same as the first day I ordered.

Now, instead of 1-3 days normal to to complete shipping on the models, they moved the arrival date for two of the models back to mid May....so much for being in stock for 1-3 days shipping as when I ordered them. The third model still shows to be in stock. Cannot understand why it has not yet shipped.

Can someone at BH advise what is going on? Yes, probably some sort of glitch, I am sure they will say.

I have to say that BH takes, on average, longer to ship in stock items (at least in stock items as indicated on the web site) than anyone else that I have dealt with in the R/C business.

Why can't BH ship in stock items the next day or at worst the day after, as do the very vast majority of stateside R/c model suppilers?

Overall, I am pretty happy with the prodcuts I have gotten with BH (I do not expect 100% perfection at rock bottom discount prices) and have had very minor quality issues on just one out of many models ordered.

Proper planning and management will fix these on-going customer service issues. Any competent order processing system would automatically update my order status if the product was not actually in stock and arrival was still a couple of weeks out.
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Thomas B; May 04, 2011 at 04:26 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 04, 2011, 10:03 PM
I make bad look so good.
League City, Texas
Joined Sep 2006
2,551 Posts
Have fun with this one Thomas. I placed an order on April 23rd and it still hasn't shipped.
SteveC68 is offline Find More Posts by SteveC68
Old May 05, 2011, 05:59 PM
United States, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Mar 2011
537 Posts
Placed an order 5/3, wasn't expecting it to ship till Friday (1-3 business days) but got an email today. Opened it up only to see the invoice already sent to me. But it had a link to the order update page so I thought maybe I need to click that... which lead me to the order confirmation page that still shows "Will sihp in 2-3 days". WHAT THE FRACK.

Tried calling them and guess what.. THEY ARE CLOSED TODAY!!! I tried right after lunch and again 5 mins ago.

I'm going to give them the benefit of doubt and hope that they took Cinco off, a msg on the machine to say that, would have been nice if that is the case.

Will definitely call them tomorrow.

I wonder if they don't actually carry a lot of stock and wait a few days for orders to pile up then make a largish shipment from HK to save on shipping/warehouse fees. Then fulfil the order then.
vhuang168 is online now Find More Posts by vhuang168
Old May 11, 2011, 08:23 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
If anyone can provide their order number, I'd be more than happy to provide the status of it as well as facts, so we don't have to assume what is going on?
Banana Hobby CSR is offline Find More Posts by Banana Hobby CSR
Old May 14, 2011, 08:12 PM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
3,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Hobby CSR View Post
If anyone can provide their order number, I'd be more than happy to provide the status of it as well as facts, so we don't have to assume what is going on?
You just get our hopes up and present us with scenarios where we are either between a rock and a hard place or have to cancel our orders because you suck.
GBLynden is online now Find More Posts by GBLynden
Old May 20, 2011, 05:25 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Again, anyone with order can ask anything they'd like and I can check their orders to see what is going on with them or answer any questions that may have. I have provided my direct email countless times, which comes up directly on my computer screen for those who'd like help, it is bhlccsr1@bananahobby.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden View Post
You just get our hopes up and present us with scenarios where we are either between a rock and a hard place or have to cancel our orders because you suck.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 04:21 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Joined Jun 2000
14,622 Posts
Interesting...now the order status page on my backorder has not changed and yet the items I ordered are showing that they now usually ship in 1-3 days......and no status update for my backorder.

Seems odd that the stock status would change on the Mig kits with no shipping notification for those hat had the models on backorder, first.

Also, my order status simply states: Some items did not get shipped.

But looking at the order, there is no way to tell what has actually been shipped to me (one T-33) and what has not shipped: Two nano Mig 15 models and a replacement canopy hatch assembly for the T-33.

Also, annoying to be charged 17% of the entire PNP kit price for a replacement canopy/hatch assembly for the micro T-33 (11 dollars), when it fell off in flight, due to inadequate magnets.

Can BH advise?
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
Old Jun 27, 2011, 01:24 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B View Post
Interesting...now the order status page on my backorder has not changed and yet the items I ordered are showing that they now usually ship in 1-3 days......and no status update for my backorder.

Seems odd that the stock status would change on the Mig kits with no shipping notification for those hat had the models on backorder, first.

Also, my order status simply states: Some items did not get shipped.

But looking at the order, there is no way to tell what has actually been shipped to me (one T-33) and what has not shipped: Two nano Mig 15 models and a replacement canopy hatch assembly for the T-33.

Also, annoying to be charged 17% of the entire PNP kit price for a replacement canopy/hatch assembly for the micro T-33 (11 dollars), when it fell off in flight, due to inadequate magnets.

Can BH advise?
Sure, may I have your order number please?
Old Jun 27, 2011, 11:48 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Joined Jun 2000
14,622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Hobby CSR View Post
Sure, may I have your order number please?
Thanks..I got your PM about my order and hopefully, everything will work out as promised this week.

BH said that the kits were in and stock status was updated as of June 23. My order was evidently fullfilled today and I got the notice that the UPS shipping tag was created.

I do find it to be poor organization to show the kits in stock before notifying the people that have been waiting for months that their backorder has been filled. Seems like it could set up a situation where a new kit could accidently sell out with new orders before the backorders get filled.

I know of cases where a on line retailer has accident done exactly that. Not BH, but another company.

The good news is that the BH customer service folks have been quite communicative and responsive to my emails and comments. They do occasionally restate my problems in a way to make it seem that I do not understand exactly what is going on, though, when nothing is further from the truth...

So..they are trying.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 01, 2011, 01:09 AM
Electric Coolhunter
Joined Jun 2000
14,622 Posts
Well, the saga continues. My order number is bh18-142958

Today, as Promised, I did get my two 35mm EDF nano Mig 15 kits, one for me and one for a flying buddy.

However, I did NOT get, as Promised, my replacement T-33 canopy., even though it is on the packing slip.

Was no way to get the spare canopy/hatch in the package they sent...the two nano Mig kits came in a cut down cardboard box that was exactly big enough to hold the two kit boxes and there was not enough room in the kit boxes for theT-33 canopy/hatch assembly (no space in the foam kit packer large enough to accept the canopy....these nano Migs are very tiny.)

It would have been easy to cut down the cardboard box a little bit larger to leave an empty layer of space to house the T-33 canopy/hatch, but BH did not do so.

However, the customer service has bee a little more attentive lately, so I hope that they come through and get me my part.
RCG Plus Member