HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by edge5foamy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 04, 2011, 12:38 PM
There is no place like Hodges!
United States, GA, Byron
Joined Mar 2007
3,549 Posts
Yippee!
SEFF 2011 Blog

OK, I wanted to do a little blog about SEFF, and post all of my pictures and videos in it. Just now(2 weeks later) got the time to do so...

This was my 5th year going to SEFF, and it was by far the best SEFF yet! It seemed like there were less people then last year, but I really liked having it in the spring. It was much cooler, and the bugs were not out "out in force" yet.

Ross and I arrived about 8:30PM Tuesday night with the P-Stream in tow(remind me to do a blog about the P-Stream sometime). We ran into town, grabbed supper and a few last minute "SEFF necessities", and got back to Hodges. We didn't leave the field again until heading home Sunday. Wednesday and Thursday the weather was amazing! Very little wind. However, Friday and Saturday were not. The wind was crazy! We had a threat of rain on Friday night, but the storms ended up going just north of us. I think it sprinkled for about 5min and that was it. I live an hour north of Hodges and they were under a tornado warning!

What I believe will be a new SEFF tradition was created Saturday night. SEFF Night Bowling! I don't really remember who started it, but some of the guys decided to stack some of the orage plastic cones on a table, and simply see who could knock the most cones down with their airplane. This turned out to be huge. At one point there were around 150 spectators watching. My camera was dead, but there were several other taking pictures and video. You can see the SEFF Night Bowling thread here!

I got maybe 10 flights in and still had an awesome time! I think many will agree that the airplanes are just a cover. The real magic behind SEFF is the people(and food) there. It's just something about the atmosphere at SEFF that is not something you can experience anywhere else. Ah, I'm having withdrawals just thinking about it.

Anyway, it was great getting to see everyone that I only get the chance to see once, maybe twice a year, and everyone I met for the first time(whom I sure hope to see again next year, if not at HHAEFI V6)!

OK, enough of this text stuff. Here's the video and pictures I got...

SEFF 2011 (2 min 28 sec)

3DHS SEFF Noon Demo (3 min 44 sec)

The SEFFtones - Red House (6 min 21 sec)

Mig 29 Demo at SEFF 2011 (2 min 10 sec)
edge5foamy is offline Find More Posts by edge5foamy
Last edited by edge5foamy; May 04, 2011 at 01:17 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 04, 2011, 01:18 PM
There is no place like Hodges!
United States, GA, Byron
Joined Mar 2007
3,549 Posts
That's weird, all my pictures didn't post...
edge5foamy is offline Find More Posts by edge5foamy