HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Donaldsneffe, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 03, 2011, 05:23 PM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,244 Posts
Discussion
Nine Eagles Solo Pro

My Solo Pro fleet:

Revell Hot Shot: out of box; Solo Pro V2: o.o.b., Solo Pro I (canopy): Xtreme landing skids, swashplate and rotor head (new version), Bravo SX main and tail motor (SP tail boom); Soar: Xtreme metal rotor head (old version), Solo Pro V1: Xtreme landing skids without battery cage - rubber ring for mounting Zippy 240, Hyperion 240, Wellpower 250, Xtreme metall swashplate and flybar (heavy weights), Bravo SX black main blades.
Donaldsneffe is offline Find More Posts by Donaldsneffe
to remove ads between posts
Old May 03, 2011, 05:50 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
13,780 Posts
Out of curiosity, why have all these micros?

I am an airplane guy, so dont really understand; but wouldn't all those heli's have nearly identicle flight characteristics (FP)?

Why keep around older versions if newer versions fly better?
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Racing anyone?
Old May 03, 2011, 06:08 PM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,244 Posts
Hmmm - dont know an answer - why should I give them away? They are cheap, so money would not be a reason to sell them.
The different mods show slightly different flight characteristics, tinkering and trying different mods is also quite fun - you can try and fly the helis in your living room, dont have to go out to a hall or field for this.
Anyway, actually I am not doing a lot with my Solo Pros (and Bravo SXs - similar, better flying Nine Eagles helis with even better flight behaviour), Blade mCP x is more challenging in flying, Walkera helis are more challenging in repairing (and flying).
But those Nine Eagles helis are easy to fly, easy to repair, cheap, ... nice. Several scale canopies are waiting to be painted and fitted to the NE helis... when I find time... they are simply fun, I like them.

Collecting tiny helicopters - dont you know this addiction?
Old May 04, 2011, 08:38 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
13,780 Posts
Ha! I know all too well of the RC addiction

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts; I was just pickin at your head. I also dont know anyone that flys the Nine Eagles line, so I was curious why you went down that road and you answered perfectly. I have heard the same thing about Walkera having lots more maintainence issuses...

Thanks!
RCG Plus Member
Old May 04, 2011, 12:59 PM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,244 Posts
Hmmm - I have also Walkera and Eflite helis
I was "forced" to make my blog of the S300 mod (from Nine Eagles Bravo SX and Solo Pro parts).
Now some guys in the NE Solo Pro thread wanted to see Solo Pros with different canopies on one picture, I took the pic, posted it in the thread, and thought "ok, now you have your own blog, you could also post this pic in your blog"

I started with Nine Eagles (after IR 3 ch helis), first with a Solo (coax), then with a Solo Pro, then a second Solo Pro, then an Eflite mCPx S 300, then, then, then...

I still like the Nine Eagles helis, though many pilots call them "toys". Its fun to play with toys in your living room without any danger.
Old May 04, 2011, 01:50 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
13,780 Posts
Hey, whatever gets your socks off!

I went through a micro plane stage, but they all flew so different: Vapor, 4site, Ember, Su-26 (m & xp models), a Beast and now a DH-2 (13inch ws with 25+ feet of flying wires and everything is pull pull, see pic).

Do you have the itch to get into anything larger? I went through the Blade mcx, msr, and 120 sr before moving to a FHH 500 (trex clone from rcaerodyne.com). I am slowly getting hooked on these rotary aircraft, but have not given up the planks yet I am really looking forward to saving up for a 550 next
RCG Plus Member
Old May 04, 2011, 03:00 PM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,244 Posts
Wow - beautiful plane!

My first rc air model was a Graupner Taxi with an Osmax engine and a Robbe Tx in mid eighties Did not fly much, but repaired much - no problem, parents, house, big garden, lot of space around the house. Some cars, a boat, three planes (none of them really flew well or long)...
Long ago - now in the big town there's no place at all.
Birthday, 3 ch heli - flush -> second, third, fourth, ... 4 ch...
Meanwhile I have also some small planes (NE P 47 and Cessna and a warbird), I will try to fly them this spring. But therefore I have to leave the town...
My tiny helis I can fly in my flat, after work (or even at work) - or at least in a parking garage, thats the maior advantage for people like me living in centers of urban aereas.
If I would have a house, garden, space (and not working so much) - I probably would already have a bigger heli and flew my planes and maybe have a bigger plane.

RC hobby has become extremely cheap compared to 25 years ago IMHO.
Of course there are still the very expensive models, but if you want, you can start with a plane incl. tx for 80 US$ - i.e. the Nine Eagles models - that's "nothing", IR models even cheaper.
Guess, this brings a lot of people (and also kids) to this fascinating hobby.
Some have their tiny models for their living rooms (never could think about such models 20 years ago), others their huge gas helis (saw it last year in Darwin/Austr. - nearly only gas planes and helis, no problems at all with room for flying, with noise and neighbours, Aussis state "whats not lout thats not good" ).
Today the variety in rc is much broader than in former times, I like it.
Old May 05, 2011, 09:17 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
13,780 Posts
Glad to hear all is well!

Like you I am in the middle of a city (atlanta) so heli flying has been my savior to not have to trive 40 mins to and from the club field.

Glad to hear you like those Nine's, I am going to check one out and see if I can find one around town.
RCG Plus Member