Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old May 02, 2011, 12:52 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
Chap1012's Avatar
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
I'm glad he's out of the mix, but I will not be celebrating. Killing may be necessary sometimes but I don't think it's proper to rejoice in it.
Millions of Americans (especially family members who lost loved ones) see it a little differently. Next
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Reply With Quote
Old May 02, 2011, 12:56 PM
Cat Rack
MtnGoat's Avatar
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
And that's too bad, because it simply demonstrates the primal blood lust that it has taken us thousands of years to climb out of. Some farther than others.

There is little difference from chanting hordes celebrating the deaths of those in the towers and mobs dancing at Bin Ladin's demise.

Perhaps next time we'll find such people grabbing up the bloodied heads of those humans they killed as if they are trophies or animals simply killed for sport, with you rising to their defense. Oh...we already saw the former, but I don't know about the latter.

Humans can be better than that, and should be.

Next.
MtnGoat is offline Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Reply With Quote
Old May 02, 2011, 12:57 PM
On the Edge of Space
dLdV's Avatar
Exit 4, South Jersey, USA
Joined Dec 2007
1,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
I'm glad he's out of the mix, but I will not be celebrating. Killing may be necessary sometimes but I don't think it's proper to rejoice in it.
I already called some friends and had a good laugh about it. I'll probably have a few beers tonight. I might stop short of going out in the street and yelling the good news. I feel no shame whatsoever in revelry over the well deserved demise of that piece of dung.
dLdV is offline Find More Posts by dLdV
Reply With Quote
Old May 02, 2011, 01:08 PM
An Iranian-Turk
Nīmā's Avatar
Iran, Tehran
Joined Dec 2009
170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dLdV View Post
Thank you. I'm happy you are seeing things our way in this matter.
I can understand you feeling very well.

Al Qaida had an anti Iranian branch and more that 200 Iranian killed by them, but when Rigi arrested by Iran, people of my country were very happy and they came in streets like this photo :



Now a similar event happened in USA and that's very good!

I wish the bests for you!

I.R.U.A.V
Nīmā is offline Find More Posts by Nīmā
Reply With Quote
Old May 02, 2011, 01:09 PM
Registered User
perttime's Avatar
Tampere, Finland
Joined Nov 2004
4,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dLdV View Post
I'll probably have a few beers tonight. I might stop short of going out in the street and yelling the good news. I feel no shame whatsoever in revelry over the well deserved demise of that piece of dung.
Just be careful out there.

Watch out for the Muslim in the next block. He may feel that you are overdoing it and do a hit and run on you or your dog.
perttime is offline Find More Posts by perttime
Reply With Quote
Old May 02, 2011, 01:10 PM
On the Edge of Space
dLdV's Avatar
Exit 4, South Jersey, USA
Joined Dec 2007
1,446 Posts
Yes, I understand the convergence. I hope that at some point our nations can begin a new era of normal relations. Time will tell.
dLdV is offline Find More Posts by dLdV
Reply With Quote
Old May 02, 2011, 01:15 PM
Registered User
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by perttime View Post
Just be careful out there.

Watch out for the Muslim in the next block. He may feel that you are overdoing it and do a hit and run on you or your dog.
I've talked with half a dozen Muslims today, and they are all just as happy as me to see bin Laden gone. But then again, they know I never painted all Muslims as terrorists. They are all just praying for the day when Muslims aren't labeled instantly as terrorists. One guy even went so far as to change his name to Moe from Mohammad to avoid prejudgement. Sad, but true. Kind of like thinking your Muslim down the street is mad enough at your jubilation over the death of a terrorist that he'd mow down you or your dog with his car in retaliation.
thunder1 is offline Find More Posts by thunder1
Reply With Quote
Old May 02, 2011, 01:17 PM
On the Edge of Space
dLdV's Avatar
Exit 4, South Jersey, USA
Joined Dec 2007
1,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by perttime View Post
Just be careful out there.

Watch out for the Muslim in the next block. He may feel that you are overdoing it and do a hit and run on you or your dog.
Can't live my life in fear, you know. Anyway, probably some of my non-Islamic neighbors will tell me to shut up and go home. Meh, you're probably right. No point in getting anybody all upset to no good effect. That would be kind of like burning Korans.
dLdV is offline Find More Posts by dLdV
Reply With Quote
Old May 02, 2011, 02:33 PM
'Merica!
n00b-E's Avatar
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Sep 2007
691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
I'm glad he's out of the mix, but I will not be celebrating. Killing may be necessary sometimes but I don't think it's proper to rejoice in it.
Goat, there are times when it is proper. This is one of those times. There is still a lot of pent up anger and grief over 9-11, I hope now that some folks can let some of that go and continue healing.
n00b-E is offline Find More Posts by n00b-E
Reply With Quote
Old May 02, 2011, 03:02 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
Chap1012's Avatar
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
And that's too bad, because it simply demonstrates the primal blood lust that it has taken us thousands of years to climb out of. Some farther than others.

There is little difference from chanting hordes celebrating the deaths of those in the towers and mobs dancing at Bin Ladin's demise.

Perhaps next time we'll find such people grabbing up the bloodied heads of those humans they killed as if they are trophies or animals simply killed for sport, with you rising to their defense. Oh...we already saw the former, but I don't know about the latter.

Humans can be better than that, and should be.

Next.
I'm sure UBL had a copy of this in his breast pocket when they recovered his body
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geneva_Conventions

These murdering bastards played by NO RULES. No uniforms! No national flag! No nothing! They hide behind women and children. Hell, they train their children as little walking bombs.

HUMANS? HUMANS? Have another pitcher of cool aid.

Isn't freedom of speech wonderful? Think long and hard about that the next time a brave soldier comes home in a box. Your rhetoric wouldn't last long in NYC before someone would beat you within an inch of your life. Hows that for "primal blood."??
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Reply With Quote
Old May 02, 2011, 03:06 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
Chap1012's Avatar
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,901 Posts
Damn bleeding hearts pi$$ me off to no end
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Reply With Quote
Old May 02, 2011, 03:10 PM
Registered User
deerdad's Avatar
Gill, MA
Joined Apr 2006
213 Posts
The burial at sea was kind of quick and does make you wonder. It would have been better to see him buried in a heap of steaming pig s@#* where he belongs.

Greg
deerdad is offline Find More Posts by deerdad
Reply With Quote
Old May 02, 2011, 03:10 PM
Figure Nine Champ
madsci_guy's Avatar
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Isn't freedom of speech wonderful? Think long and hard about that the next time a brave soldier comes home in a box. Your rhetoric wouldn't last long in NYC before someone would beat you within an inch of your life. Hows that for "primal blood."??
So let's get this straight.

Your basis of what is right, is who can beat up whom? I believe you just proved MtnGoat's assertion.
madsci_guy is offline Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Reply With Quote
Old May 02, 2011, 03:16 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
RumRunner_1492's Avatar
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerdad View Post
The burial at sea was kind of quick and does make you wonder. It would have been better to see him buried in a heap of steaming pig s@#* where he belongs.

Greg
The sea burial is good for him. He can't face mecca, he is fish food and there is no grave for anyone to visit.
RumRunner_1492 is online now Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Reply With Quote
Old May 02, 2011, 03:21 PM
Cat Rack
MtnGoat's Avatar
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
I'm sure UBL had a copy of this in his breast pocket when they recovered his body
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geneva_Conventions

These murdering bastards played by NO RULES. No uniforms! No national flag! No nothing! They hide behind women and children. Hell, they train their children as little walking bombs.

HUMANS? HUMANS? Have another pitcher of cool aid.
Humans. Yes.

your hatred is blinding you.

I don't need to buy what you're selling to know what they did and do is abominable..and to see the same element of primitivism in your arguments as well.

I noted I was glad he was out of the mix and also noted sometimes killing is necessary. You will not find a more ardent defender of second amendment rights or a very good military or the need to kill when necessary.

But this is night and day different ....from the primitivism on display here.


Quote:
Isn't freedom of speech wonderful? Think long and hard about that the next time a brave soldier comes home in a box. Your rhetoric wouldn't last long in NYC before someone would beat you within an inch of your life. Hows that for "primal blood."??
Exactly the same. You're showing your only real differences is what you'll hate people for. One set hates for Allah, your bunches excuse is for not hating the first bunch enough. And the heck of it is, you sit here and demonstrate the lack of difference other than the justification. So do your routine and tell us again how different and better you are while you justify harming someone over speech. It's pretty self evident your grasp of the founding principles of this nation and their basis in ethics is not the best.
MtnGoat is offline Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Obama to speak on Osama Bin Laden developments... redhotpearl Life, The Universe, and Politics 212 May 02, 2011 05:52 PM
Osama bin-laden's recent diary entries Tazilon Life, The Universe, and Politics 0 Oct 12, 2001 09:04 PM
Osama Bin Laden has a Lear Jet?! mrebman Life, The Universe, and Politics 15 Sep 23, 2001 05:40 PM
Osama bin Laden, wanted DEAD or Alive Paul Penney Life, The Universe, and Politics 6 Sep 18, 2001 09:16 PM
Osama Bin Laden to blame? Steve Wrona Life, The Universe, and Politics 0 Sep 12, 2001 07:47 AM