SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 01, 2011, 01:58 PM
Steinbach, MB, Canada
Joined Nov 2004
396 Posts
Discussion
Requesting assistance with flying training for a mental block

Hi all,

I have posted this in another area of RCG but I have not hand any replies in that area as yet so thought I would post it here as well.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1431988

I would like any suggestions to help me train my mind when I am trying to fly an inverted circuit. I usually fly anti-clockwise, and I am right handed. ALWAYS in the far quadrant to my left, as I begin to make the turn inverted, I always seem to roll out of the turn.....help, suggestions please...what can I do to train myself to make that turn comfortably every time...
Sackie is offline Find More Posts by Sackie
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2011, 02:22 PM
Build more, websurf less
Long Valley, NJ, USA
Joined Dec 2001
1,721 Posts
Sackie,

Try using as little control input as possible - try to use only as much as needed to guide the plane.

Other than that, keep practicing on the simulator and best luck getting past this minor hurdle.

Paul
FlyingW is offline Find More Posts by FlyingW
Old May 01, 2011, 06:27 PM
slow but inefficient
Riverhead NY USA
Joined Dec 2000
3,097 Posts
Start the circle in that quadrant making sure that you are not putting in any extra rudder and the problem will evaporate in short order. Practice beginning the inverted circle in different quadrants of the circle.
Ron Williams is offline Find More Posts by Ron Williams
Old May 01, 2011, 09:38 PM
Joined Dec 2010
132 Posts
This may not have anything to do with it, but what aircraft are you flying? I ask that because I have noted similar problems myself over the past few months as I have tried inverted flight for the first time. A few folks at the flying field have suggested that some planes will try to roll out of inverted flight more than others.
cheap daddy is offline Find More Posts by cheap daddy