SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 01, 2011, 10:16 AM
Just call me crash for short
United States, OH, The Plains
Joined Jan 2011
1,685 Posts
Discussion
CF Tube and Rod Question?

What I am looking for is a CF tube and rod combo for use on a tiperon build that I am kicking around. What I need is a CF tube in the 4mm - 5mm range and a CF rod that will fit inside as an axle with very little slop but will still turn freely.

I am looking for hands on the parts fitting reports and not "paper fitting" as I can do that much my own self. Given the varying tolerances with ID tubes and OD rods, I would like to know if anyone has personal experience or can fit the parts that they have on hand and provide the info on the sizes and manufacture of the parts.

I do not currently have any CF tube or rod on hand in that size range and want to avoid having to order a bunch of different tube and rod from different places just to TRY and find something that works. This is going to be laminated into the wing so something like nylon tube won't work. (glue wont stick) and tube will be doubling as a spar.
Quick61 is offline Find More Posts by Quick61
to remove ads between posts