SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 01, 2011, 10:57 AM
Joined Apr 2011
37 Posts
Question
joysway offshore warrior

hi guys just wondering if any of u have owned one and if u had any problems and also whats the biggest size lipo that will fit. had 2 offshore warrior lites and both had radio problems just had a mind of its own hopefully wont get that with this 1 as its 2.4 but any help would be awesome

thanks dan
dan1987 is offline Find More Posts by dan1987
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 16, 2011, 05:35 PM
Fast Cal
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jul 2011
184 Posts
Tips and tricks for you and everyone else

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan1987 View Post
hi guys just wondering if any of u have owned one and if u had any problems and also whats the biggest size lipo that will fit. had 2 offshore warrior lites and both had radio problems just had a mind of its own hopefully wont get that with this 1 as its 2.4 but any help would be awesome

thanks dan
I have bought Venom 2200mah 11.1 50C packs for this it runs quicker and is a little heavier making the boat a little bit more stable. I still prop walk on the water which leads me to the next tip to suggest is to put a Dubro 1/8" collar with set screw on the flex cable between the motor collet and the flex cable shaft. This way you do not lose your flex cable. I learned the hard way and lost 2 flex cables with prop and prop dog before I did this. make sure all set screws for the cable and the prop dog are threadlocked and the flex cable is lubed after every 3-5 runs. Also cut up a pool noodle and put a piece in the nose and glue a piece to the canopy as well. The final tip is to reinforce the canopy screw hole by epoxying a metal washer to that hole. Now go have fun and tear up the water and good luck.
cvctiger is offline Find More Posts by cvctiger