Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:28 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
BUY IT. It will rock your world
LOL, I was already thinking 'bout talking to Roger (RCBabbel) regarding batts for that thing, LOL!!!!
rcoconut is online now Find More Posts by rcoconut
Old Nov 07, 2012, 03:33 PM
Charleston, SC
Joined Jul 2006
827 Posts
I have a F4U micro that's been collecting dust for months because I cannot change out a broken aileron servo.

Where can I find someone to fix this for me?
Raehm is offline Find More Posts by Raehm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: GWS Me-262 Build
Old Nov 07, 2012, 04:12 PM
Kokomo, Indiana
Joined Jun 2008
872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raehm View Post
I have a F4U micro that's been collecting dust for months because I cannot change out a broken aileron servo.

I'd check with your LHS and/or local flying club.
CorvetteC5 is online now Find More Posts by CorvetteC5
Old Nov 07, 2012, 06:52 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:

It's not really all that hard. Trying to fix the servo is a little tougher, but swapping one out just involves opening the fuse with an exacto, unplugging the bad one, plugging in the new one to see if it works properly, then peal off the old servo and glue on the new. Attach the linkage.

I use low temp hot melt glue, being careful to keep the strings out of the gears, positioning as the glue hardens.

Tape everthing back up, and that's about it.

With the corsair, sometimes the gears are bad from scraping the ground. Pop off the gear and pop on a new one. The old Sevo can stay in place.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Nov 08, 2012, 08:38 AM
Scale Foam Flyer
United States, AR, Cabot
Joined Oct 2007
2,891 Posts
This is just too much...

What???
Parkzone corsair bouncin betty (2 min 52 sec)
Cubcrazy is offline Find More Posts by Cubcrazy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Carbon Z Cub Floats are here!!
Old Nov 08, 2012, 08:47 AM
Is it Friday yet?
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Jun 2008
690 Posts
Funny! Thats the best, most unique pilot I've ever seen in an RC plane.
DropTank is offline Find More Posts by DropTank
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:26 PM
Tossing planes into the snow
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
2,991 Posts
Quote:
I broke an aileron servo on day-3 and all the hobby shops I contacted said the servo was back ordered. It was 2 months before I finally got a replacement. I got tired of waiting and eventually started flying it as a 3 channel plane. The upswept wings provide enough of a dihedral effect to allow the rudder to steer and bank it just like any other 3 channel plane.

Without the ailerons, there was still total control over takeoffs and landings and loops and the only thing I couldn't do was roll. I know I could have put the rudder on the right stick but I just left it on the left stick and that experience has helped me to become comfortable with using the rudder on 4 channel airplanes.

There was a guy on this thread a few months ago who gave up trying to get an aileron servo, and just removed both of them and flew it as a 3 channel plane. I bet it was awesome with the decrease in drag and weight.
Jovanx is offline Find More Posts by Jovanx
Old Nov 10, 2012, 07:28 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,088 Posts
There are tutorials on how to replace the wing on HHs website that you can use to learn how to replace an aileron servo.

Really jealous about that bouncin betty!
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Nov 12, 2012, 12:23 PM
Tossing planes into the snow
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
2,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
There are tutorials on how to replace the wing on HHs website that you can use to learn how to replace an aileron servo.

Really jealous about that bouncin betty!
Replacing an aileron servo is simply a matter of pulling the old one off, and gluing the new one on. The hardest part is un-plugging the old one off the receiver. Tweezers or small needle-nose pliers will prevent broken fingernails.

There is no need to be jealous. You could go down to the local toy store and buy a Barbie doll and then just use a knife and your imagination. I am assuming the video was done with a parkflyer Corsair, because the UM would never be able to carry the extra weight.
Jovanx is offline Find More Posts by Jovanx
Old Dec 09, 2012, 05:50 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
Anybody still flying these?
I've had mine in storage for a few months because the wing cracks have weakened it to the point where they flex upward during normal flight. Hard turns make 'em look like they're about to fold up!

Anyone?
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:03 PM
Joined Aug 2012
342 Posts
I fixed the wing cracks on my UM T28 by injecting polyurethane glue into the cracks, then covering with tape. It works very well.

I don't fly my Corsair much though, as I'd rather spend the time with the Su26xp. Now and then it gets into the air.
Matt Ls Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by Matt Ls Thumbs
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:59 PM
Is it Friday yet?
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Jun 2008
690 Posts
Break mine out every once in awhile.
DropTank is offline Find More Posts by DropTank
Old Dec 09, 2012, 07:00 PM
Bunch of RCs,can't fly 1/2
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined Aug 2011
114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaladroitFL View Post
Anybody still flying these?
I've had mine in storage for a few months because the wing cracks have weakened it to the point where they flex upward during normal flight. Hard turns make 'em look like they're about to fold up!

Anyone?
I'm got in late with the the corsair. I've only had mine like 1 or 2 months. I'm really enjoying it. I really like that it has independent servos for the ailerons.also if there is micheal's arts and craft store or something like that. Try beacons Hold the Foam glue. It works fine,and its cheap($4-5). Used it on my um spit wing twice.
alphanate is offline Find More Posts by alphanate
Last edited by alphanate; Dec 09, 2012 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Forgot something.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 07:10 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,669 Posts
Mine's taking the winter off. Wind here is pretty annoying, given the turbulence from the mountains. I still love mine, but will wait for calmer days before breaking it out again. My UM Spitfire is getting a lot of use though!
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings