HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 25, 2012, 01:21 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,706 Posts
Awe man, an "updated" F4U... I know it never ends but man, I'm loving my AS3X MiG 15 & would love to get the newer Corsair to make it AS3X equipped! I'll be waiting for the first one here to make it AS3X and post their results! I'm guessing Jovanx maybe the first???? Or Joel?!?!
rcoconut is offline Find More Posts by rcoconut
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2012, 01:34 PM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,594 Posts
Man, if this new one is that much bettee than the Mustang, then I may add this one to my list..........I need to buy a Lotto ticket today lol
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
Old Jul 25, 2012, 02:58 PM
Tossing planes into the snow
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
2,989 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden View Post
Man, if this new one is that much bettee than the Mustang, then I may add this one to my list..........I need to buy a Lotto ticket today lol
I am not sure about the new one, as it is the old one I am comparing to the Mustang. Hint...if you stop buying lottery tickets, it won't be long before you have saved enough money to buy a new Corsair.
Jovanx is offline Find More Posts by Jovanx
Old Jul 26, 2012, 06:04 AM
build, fly, crash, repeat ...
Oregon
Joined Jan 2004
1,923 Posts
OK, here comes Corsair rebuild number 2 .......

the plane is starting to come back together again.

I ordered a complete airframe, and had to send the reciever brick back to Horizon Hobby for repair, (it had dog teeth marks in it) they sent me a new 6410 free of charge instead of trying to fix the old one.

tonight I plugged in all the radio gear to make sure everything was working, it all worked good, so I decided to start on the wing, I took a little time out to explain to the dog that eating my planes is a no-no, she seemed to feel somewhat guilty about the whole mishap as can be seen in the doggie picture. after our talk, I started on the wing, I didn't get far, but I made a little progress tonight.

I got the decals on, the control horns installed, and one servo and servo protector installed.

I'll try to get a little more done tomorrow.
Stuart Linfoot is offline Find More Posts by Stuart Linfoot
Old Jul 26, 2012, 06:18 AM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovanx View Post
I am not sure about the new one, as it is the old one I am comparing to the Mustang. Hint...if you stop buying lottery tickets, it won't be long before you have saved enough money to buy a new Corsair.
The good news is I rarely buy them. The bad news is that I want three other planes in addition to the Corsair and and can't buy them all.
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:28 PM
United States, MD, Potomac
Joined Oct 2010
320 Posts
Still trying to program spoilerons with a DX6i- does anyone know of a guide?
mkcp40 is offline Find More Posts by mkcp40
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:35 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Linfoot View Post

I ordered a complete airframe, and had to send the reciever brick back to Horizon Hobby for repair, (it had dog teeth marks in it) they sent me a new 6410 free of charge instead of trying to fix the old one.

tonight I plugged in all the radio gear to make sure everything was working, it all worked good, so I decided to start on the wing, I took a little time out to explain to the dog that eating my planes is a no-no, she seemed to feel somewhat guilty about the whole mishap as can be seen in the doggie picture. after our talk, I started on the wing, I didn't get far, but I made a little progress tonight.

I got the decals on, the control horns installed, and one servo and servo protector installed.

Man, Glad to see you going at it again. If I'm thinking of the right one, you really did a nice job with the last rebuild. Your dog does have a nice "guilty" look, but the question is, is she feeling more guilty about the last one, or what she won't be able to help herself doing to this one?
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:48 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkcp40 View Post
First, Get a pdf copy of the AR6400 manual from HH (An AR6410 manual will work, too)

Look for the section that shows how convert the Brick from Channel 2/Reverse Channel 2 Mode to Separate Channel 2/Channel 6 Mode.

When you've switched the brick, only one aileron will work (the other works with Flap switch)

Then you need to switch your TX to "Dual Aileron" mode. Now the ailerons will work again, and you have differential aileron action (Flaps, spoilers ailerons differential)

I don't have a DX6i, and the DX6i programming is different from the DX7 and DX8's I do have, so you'll need to look at the DX6i manual for setting the spoilers how you want them.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Jul 26, 2012, 01:03 PM
Tossing planes into the snow
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
2,989 Posts
Quote:
The instructions from UNGN are right on. I have a DX6i and the process is the same as he describes. If it doesn't work, one of us should be able to walk you through it.
Jovanx is offline Find More Posts by Jovanx
Old Jul 26, 2012, 02:03 PM
Joined Oct 2010
320 Posts
Thanks for the help UNGN, for a new guy like me that kind of advice is invaluable.

I've programmed in +20% differential. Would +25% for flaps work?
Old Jul 26, 2012, 02:18 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,669 Posts
Mkcp40 - one warning on this. I tried to do this w/ my Mossie and had a devil of a time. I followed all the directions, but it wouldn't work. Finally, someone pointed out that you had to have a "clean" program. I'd already created a profile on my DX6I for it before I programed for flaps, and it wouldn't work. When I created a new profile, it worked perfectly. Not sure why or if that was a fluke, but if you run in to trouble, try that.
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Jul 26, 2012, 02:25 PM
build, fly, crash, repeat ...
Oregon
Joined Jan 2004
1,923 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
First, Get a pdf copy of the AR6400 manual from HH (An AR6410 manual will work, too)

Look for the section that shows how convert the Brick from Channel 2/Reverse Channel 2 Mode to Separate Channel 2/Channel 6 Mode.
I just went through that last night, here's the link to the manual: http://h1073477.hobbyshopnow.com/Pro...410-Manual.pdf

I had to do the Channel 2/reverse thing on the new brick that HH sent me.

whichwaysup - the first rebuild came out really nice, I had that plane dialed in to, and I had stuck about 2 grams of lead shot into the nose to balance it out.

now I got me a brand spanking new gram scale, so I should be able to dial this one in perfect

this time around I'll keep the dog stocked up on doggie bones dog biskets, and see if that will keep her away from my planes ......
Stuart Linfoot is offline Find More Posts by Stuart Linfoot
Old Jul 26, 2012, 02:27 PM
Joined Oct 2010
320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
Mkcp40 - one warning on this. I tried to do this w/ my Mossie and had a devil of a time. I followed all the directions, but it wouldn't work. Finally, someone pointed out that you had to have a "clean" program. I'd already created a profile on my DX6I for it before I programed for flaps, and it wouldn't work. When I created a new profile, it worked perfectly. Not sure why or if that was a fluke, but if you run in to trouble, try that.

Fortunately I didn't seem to have any issues. I have the spoilerons and differential programmed in alongside my original dual rates.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 02:52 PM
Joined Oct 2010
320 Posts
Oh, great. The ******* black wire just stripped out of the battery connector.

Parkzone's telling me that I either get to replace the whole board or just the connector. Here goes nothing with micro soldering...

EDIT:
Decided not to wait for their part to show up so I stripped the connector off of my micro heli (I'll fix that later hehe)

Messy, but I'll take it for a second soldering job. Hey, it works!

Talk about a need for steady hands
Last edited by mkcp40; Jul 26, 2012 at 03:58 PM.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 04:37 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,706 Posts
Quote:
Oh, great. The ******* black wire just stripped out of the battery connector.

Parkzone's telling me that I either get to replace the whole board or just the connector. Here goes nothing with micro soldering...

EDIT:
Decided not to wait for their part to show up so I stripped the connector off of my micro heli (I'll fix that later hehe)

Messy, but I'll take it for a second soldering job. Hey, it works!

Talk about a need for steady hands
Wow, what a soldering chore!! And you did it, cool!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Linfoot View Post

#2 Stuart?!?! NICE!! Plus I think I saw you're re-building an AS3X Beast 3D!!! You're keeping busy but you'll have a nice fleet in your hangar!! I see the MiG 15 EDF next. You'll really like that plane!!!
rcoconut is offline Find More Posts by rcoconut