HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 04, 2012, 10:13 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,141 Posts
I agree with Joel, as usuall, the 5043 is the prop I fly most all mine with. haha. Zoomyzoomzoom
Lee
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
to remove ads between posts
Old May 06, 2012, 07:46 AM
build, fly, crash, repeat ...
United States, OR, Beavercreek
Joined Jan 2004
1,942 Posts
I did it again, I ordered all the parts to rebuild the corsair after my dog ate it. so here goes round 2

Lesson learned, don't tease the dog with the plane, make sure dog stays in house while flying plane ......
Stuart Linfoot is offline Find More Posts by Stuart Linfoot
Old May 06, 2012, 01:19 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Linfoot View Post
I did it again, I ordered all the parts to rebuild the corsair after my dog ate it. so here goes round 2

Lesson learned, don't tease the dog with the plane, make sure dog stays in house while flying plane ......
Right on!!! Can't wait to see your F4U-2a! Good luck with your build.
rcoconut is offline Find More Posts by rcoconut
Old May 06, 2012, 02:14 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,326 Posts
Just had to post this. It's just a great photo.
(I'll bet there's no dime taped under the cowl of this one.... ha ha!)

MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Old May 07, 2012, 06:33 PM
Athens, Greece
Joined Dec 2004
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arisarts View Post
Dear UM fans Hi.

I need some help.

My Corsair elevator is loose and the edges.The foam was kind of bended when I bought it (used) .
How can I reinforce it ? any suggestion?
I drip some foam safe glue but it doesn't seem to affect it.

I know that its easier to buy a new set of tail but you can not really see the problem.
You need to blow some air to see this (I guess that's why I get weird tail movement wen its airborne.)

Thanks

Aris
No one?
arisarts is offline Find More Posts by arisarts
Old May 07, 2012, 06:45 PM
Tossing planes into the snow
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
3,169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arisarts View Post
No one?
It is hard to tell from your post exactly where the problem is. Is it just the elevator or is the horizontal stabilizer also damaged? I get little hairline cracks in mine right where it joins the fuselage, and fix them by applying epoxy into the cracks with the tip of a pin. Maybe you could attach a photo and that might help to explain it.
Jovanx is offline Find More Posts by Jovanx
Old May 07, 2012, 08:29 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
If the foam is creased, a strip of carbon fiber glued to the underside of the horizontal stabilizer should reduce distortion during flight.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old May 09, 2012, 02:18 AM
Gravity always wins . . .
USA, CA, Palmdale
Joined Dec 2010
74 Posts
I bumped the rudder on my Champ and creased it. I applied a piece of scotch tape to both sides of the rudder along the crease and seamed to do the trick.
Corky65 is offline Find More Posts by Corky65
Old May 09, 2012, 02:22 AM
Gravity always wins . . .
USA, CA, Palmdale
Joined Dec 2010
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaladroitFL View Post
Just had to post this. It's just a great photo.
(I'll bet there's no dime taped under the cowl of this one.... ha ha!)

Nice photo but it looks photoshoped
Corky65 is offline Find More Posts by Corky65
Old May 09, 2012, 11:40 AM
Joined Dec 2010
114 Posts
Trying to decide between the Corsair and the P-51 as my first UM warbird. Been flying the champ, and want to get back to 4 channels and some manuverability. Years ago I used to fly larger four channels, so I have experience flying ailerons. Still, which of the birds would be more forgiving to get my skills back up to snuff?
marklind is offline Find More Posts by marklind
Old May 09, 2012, 12:00 PM
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
3,169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marklind View Post
Trying to decide between the Corsair and the P-51 as my first UM warbird. Been flying the champ, and want to get back to 4 channels and some manuverability. Years ago I used to fly larger four channels, so I have experience flying ailerons. Still, which of the birds would be more forgiving to get my skills back up to snuff?
I have all 4, the 2 micros and the 2 parkfliers. The Corsair is definitely easier to fly. They will turn circles around the Mustangs, and don't have that tip-stalling desire that the Mustangs do. The Corsairs also fly slow without stalling, something the Mustangs will not do.

There is something else as well. The UM Mustang has both ailerons working off one servo and uses a bell-crank and linkages to make them work. The Corsair uses separate servos and that gives better response.

I agree about the above picture...it looks Photoshopped.

Edit: To be fair, the Mustangs are generally stronger and less likely to break. The aileron servo is tucked safely into the fuselage and the ones on the Corsair wings are vulnerable to damage. On the larger models, the wing on the parkflyer Corsair is weak and many have folded in flight. The wing on the parkflyer Mustang is very strong, and would never fail in the air. The Mustangs also handle wind better than the Corsairs. With all that said, if I had to pick, it would be the Corsair without hesitation.
Last edited by Jovanx; May 09, 2012 at 12:25 PM.
Old May 09, 2012, 04:37 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,141 Posts
I would go with the UM Trojan first. But, I havn't had much luck with my corsairs. haha. I have and fly the Mustang a lot more. But, the T-28 gets most of my stick time in my yard. Happy Flyin.
Lee
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old May 09, 2012, 07:10 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky65 View Post
Nice photo but it looks photoshoped
It might not even be a photo. It looks like MS flight simulator.
Old May 09, 2012, 08:14 PM
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
3,169 Posts
I just did a search for Corsair and Coca Cola and found that it is a flight simulator. Maybe there is a real Corsair out there with that logo on it, but I don't know. If there is, please don't tell me because it would make me sad. Ok go ahead...tell me. It's better to know the ugly truth than to live in an illusion.
Old May 10, 2012, 12:33 AM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
This Supercorsair is probably as close to a cocacola corsair you will find:

But there was a Bud Light Corsair: