HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 20, 2012, 06:44 PM
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Apr 2012
219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
CP,

From your description, it sounds extremely nose-heavy. Most of these planes are a bit tail-heavy out-of-the-box, but there have been a few reports of nose-heavy Corsairs. Have you checked the CG?

Joel
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
Make sure your elevator is level all the way across. Sounds like you starboard side is a little higher as it goes up. Lee
It looks like it was a little of both, looking at the elevator today, I had just the tiniest amount of a bend in the elevator. and after getting some new hyperons I was so excited to go fly I failed to check CG. I know better than this but when the weather is nice and the wind isn't blowing I get flying fever. WX in southern idaho has sucked lately.
Cphipps0826 is offline Find More Posts by Cphipps0826
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 22, 2012, 04:12 PM
Just gotta mod. it
Northern British Columbia
Joined Dec 2006
936 Posts
picked up one yesterday and with a change to a 2 blade prop and 2 screws in the nose it flies great. pilot is from a micro albatros.
canadianufo is offline Find More Posts by canadianufo
Old Apr 22, 2012, 06:04 PM
Tossing planes into the snow
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
2,879 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianufo View Post
picked up one yesterday and with a change to a 2 blade prop and 2 screws in the nose it flies great. pilot is from a micro albatros.
I am also from northern BC and this is a great plane with a little extra weight on the nose. I modified my connector to take the 200 - 250 mah batteries that were designed for the MCPx. I see the "distance from you" thing says 436 km so I am guessing you live in Prince George?
Jovanx is offline Find More Posts by Jovanx
Old Apr 22, 2012, 06:19 PM
Just gotta mod. it
Joined Dec 2006
936 Posts
P.G. is more than a few hours south of me..lol added a new wing servo as the one one the left wing just failed. every pilot needs gauges....
Old Apr 23, 2012, 12:06 AM
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
2,879 Posts
Quote:
P.G. is more than a few hours south of me..lol added a new wing servo as the one one the left wing just failed. every pilot needs gauges....
More than a few hours south, hmmm. Are you in Atlin? Did the servo fail due to landing or was it just due to sunspot activity?
Last edited by Jovanx; Apr 23, 2012 at 06:05 AM.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 07:56 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
Can anyone help?
I need a bail out here. I'v exhausted Google searches and tried several reversals on my stock TX as well as on my DX6i.

BOTH ailerons are moving in the same direction. I can't get them to move opposite from each other.

It's behaving like I have spoilerons and flaperons. I have no idea how I reversed a servo.
All I did was use a keyboard cleaner air-spray to clean one of them because it was sticking.

I can call HH tomorrow but just wondered if anyone else has had to fix this problem?

Thx
Mac
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Old Apr 24, 2012, 08:13 PM
United States, WI, Merrill
Joined Jun 2011
1,421 Posts
That has been mentioned in one of the forums I have visited here. I am not sure if it was this UM Corsair thread, but a search of UM Parkzone or E-flite Blade threads here on RCGroups should get you to an answer. Horizon Hobby website may have a fix in their support forums as well.

Sorry I can't point you directly to something right now.

Good Luck I know there is a fix.

John in Merrill
jgestner is offline Find More Posts by jgestner
Old Apr 24, 2012, 09:47 PM
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
2,879 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaladroitFL View Post
Can anyone help?
I need a bail out here. I'v exhausted Google searches and tried several reversals on my stock TX as well as on my DX6i.

BOTH ailerons are moving in the same direction. I can't get them to move opposite from each other.

It's behaving like I have spoilerons and flaperons. I have no idea how I reversed a servo.
All I did was use a keyboard cleaner air-spray to clean one of them because it was sticking.

I can call HH tomorrow but just wondered if anyone else has had to fix this problem?

Thx
Mac
HH has recognized that there is a glitch in the system and sometimes these little linear servos need to be reversed for some strange reason. I broke an aileron servo, and ordered a new one. The new one came with what looks like an extension cable. Actually it is a "servo-reversing cable" which was made to fix problems like yours. It is basically an extension cable except that the wires are crossed. You could make your own if you had basic soldering skills.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 10:02 PM
United States, CO, Louisville
Joined Jan 2011
75 Posts
Quote:
Can anyone help?

Thx
Mac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovanx View Post
HH has recognized that there is a glitch in the system and sometimes these little linear servos need to be reversed for some strange reason. I broke an aileron servo, and ordered a new one. The new one came with what looks like an extension cable. Actually it is a "servo-reversing cable" which was made to fix problems like yours. It is basically an extension cable except that the wires are crossed. You could make your own if you had basic soldering skills.
Check out the discussion in posts 858 - 867 in this thread. I think a servo-reversing cable will cure your problem ...
swlee is offline Find More Posts by swlee
Old Apr 24, 2012, 10:34 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,102 Posts
Quote:
Can anyone help?

Thx
Mac
It's a feature. Check the manual under "Reversing The Servos on the Receiver Board"

http://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/F...0-L-Manual.pdf
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Apr 24, 2012, 11:50 PM
Just gotta mod. it
Joined Dec 2006
936 Posts
Since the wing servo failed and now the second one, same side, also stopped working I switched out the board for one out of an old micro cub. Left the wing servos on for balance and now fly it 3 channel using the right stick for rudder and elevator.....flies just as good as before just minus the rolls and inverted flight.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 11:06 AM
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
2,879 Posts
Quote:
Since the wing servo failed and now the second one, same side, also stopped working I switched out the board for one out of an old micro cub. Left the wing servos on for balance and now fly it 3 channel using the right stick for rudder and elevator.....flies just as good as before just minus the rolls and inverted flight.
It sound like you have determined there is nothing wrong with the servos themselves, but the problem is in the board. I have also noticed that this plane turns very well with just rudder and that must be thanks to the built-in dihedral. Your solution sounds really interesting. If it was me I would take those servos off just to save weight and reduce drag.

By doing that, it could be turned into a beautiful little slow-flyer, maybe slow enough that it could be plopped down onto an appropriately scaled "aircraft carrier". Making a video of that has been in the back of my mind ever since I got this plane.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 11:33 AM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
It's a feature. Check the manual under "Reversing The Servos on the Receiver Board"

http://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/F...0-L-Manual.pdf
Thanks, Daryoon, I followed the directions but only got one aileron stuck in the down position. I was easily able to reverse that issue, but it went right back to the original problem.

I really wanna fly this bird again. It has a nice Solo Pro motor in it and seems to have lots of torque, so with the 5043 prop, it's a very strong flyer!

Time to call HH.

Mac
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Old Apr 25, 2012, 12:24 PM
Never stop being a kid.
United States, CO, Manitou Springs
Joined Jan 2012
543 Posts
Quote:

Mac, this sounds like what happens when you use the stick-programming procedure on the brick to move the left aileron servo to channel 6 (instead of reversed channel 2) to allow differential and flaperons/spoilerons . After doing that (and enabling Dual Aileron mode on the Tx), you have to reverse the flap channel on the Tx to get the left aileron moving opposite the right again.

Could that be it?
BrundleFlyBy is offline Find More Posts by BrundleFlyBy
Old Apr 25, 2012, 12:24 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
The Servos will reverse when the + is shorted to signal (which is how the Reversing harness works)

Horizon may send you a reversing harness for free, but your LHS should have them, too for about $2.

If you switch the brick to separate Channels 2/6 and use dual ailerons in the TX, you could reverse one of the servos in the TX and it would work, too.

With the DX6i, you may need to swap the servo plugs in the brick for everything to work right, however (flap switch up makes servos go up, etc)
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN