Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 09, 2011, 07:17 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
Has anyone tried flaps on the Corsair yet?
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
to remove ads between posts
Old May 09, 2011, 08:12 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
These are sold out of NC for a reasonable price:

http://www.potomacdisplay.com/pd_cat...mt=826&tt=1029

Acrylic rod:
(San Diego, CA) http://www.eplastics.com/Plastic/Ple...st-Acrylic-Rod

1.25" thick 12"x12" sheet (they will cut it to your specs for free) $74...makes 9 - 4"x4" bases....
http://www.eplastics.com/Plastic/Ple...R1-250CCM12X12
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Old May 09, 2011, 08:14 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by village_idiot View Post
Has anyone tried flaps on the Corsair yet?
Dude, it's only been out for a week. Most of us have barely broken them in yet.
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Old May 09, 2011, 08:23 PM
Joined Jan 2007
57 Posts
I picked one of these up yesterday.This thing is beautiful. It does seem to be a tiny bit tali heavy with the stock battery in it. I upgraded to the eflite 500 mah battery and it seems to do much batter.I am getting about 25 minute flight times too!

I have been playing with the radio to see where it flys the best at and I found if you put about 35% expo in the elevator it flies much smoother and is easy to make a nice landing. I also turned the ailerons up to 125% I really like this plane!
RICHF16 is offline Find More Posts by RICHF16
Old May 09, 2011, 08:59 PM
Joined May 2011
420 Posts
Doesn't the instruction manual say not to set your servos to more than a 100% or they might be damaged? I'm not sure, I only have a DX5e.
PepeM is offline Find More Posts by PepeM
Old May 09, 2011, 09:09 PM
Looking4Grass in AZ
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Feb 2011
1,357 Posts
I'm pretty sure they can get stuck past 100%. If you want more throw, adjust your control rods closer to the control surfaces on the horns.
Afraidtoregister is offline Find More Posts by Afraidtoregister
Old May 09, 2011, 09:51 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaladroitFL View Post
Dude, it's only been out for a week. Most of us have barely broken them in yet.
And that is usually 5 days longer than it takes before someone changes it.
Old May 09, 2011, 09:52 PM
Crazy Canuck
United States, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Apr 2007
2,192 Posts
Sending mine back to my lhs due to elevator issues the elevator gets stuck and I loose control over it. I went to fly it today and the elevator stuck in the up postion and I just barley got it down in one peice. Also the ailerons seem to be a bit "sticky" meaning that when you bank the plane tends to stay in the roll too long despite me putting in opposite aileron. I had this problem with the mosquito too the aileron would stick and cause a spin that I can't stop and end up crashing(poor bird now looks like a bandaged plane)There seems to be a bad batch of servos coming out of PZ and wonder what the heck is happening!!! I find this plane I got hard to fly and seems to want to drop it's left wing alot. I even tried putting in more right aileron trim didn't seem to work. I'll just give it back and they been good in just handing me another one. I went through two mosquitos before finding a good one. MAybe this is the case with the Corsair.MMMMMMMMMMM
NEWBEFLYER is offline Find More Posts by NEWBEFLYER
Old May 09, 2011, 09:52 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeM View Post
Doesn't the instruction manual say not to set your servos to more than a 100% or they might be damaged? I'm not sure, I only have a DX5e.

I looked at the manual today and it does say that could happen.
Old May 09, 2011, 09:56 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICHF16 View Post
I picked one of these up yesterday.This thing is beautiful. It does seem to be a tiny bit tali heavy with the stock battery in it. I upgraded to the eflite 500 mah battery and it seems to do much batter.I am getting about 25 minute flight times too!

I have been playing with the radio to see where it flys the best at and I found if you put about 35% expo in the elevator it flies much smoother and is easy to make a nice landing. I also turned the ailerons up to 125% I really like this plane!
Had you already moved the control rods on the control horns? I would be very afraid of setting servo travel at 125% - just asking for trouble. I felt it needed more movement also, but moving the rods just one hole seemed to do it. It has 3 more holes to go though. You can more than double the movement with the control rods and gain quicker response in the deal.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old May 09, 2011, 10:23 PM
Joined Jan 2007
57 Posts
Yea I know they say not to but I figured if it sticks I will just set it back. I did try the other hole in the horn and it does make a big difference.
RICHF16 is offline Find More Posts by RICHF16
Old May 09, 2011, 10:27 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3,876 Posts
Move one hole in the horn makes a big difference, move it three holes and it makes a huge difference. And if it sticks, you will need to rebuild the plane before you set it back.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old May 09, 2011, 10:37 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,157 Posts
RICH.... daaaang, I need to see that whoppin' 500 mAh lipo on your Corsair!!!

hey, could you snap a pic for me (us)?

I was considering the Hyperion 180 or 240 but never though of a 500!!
those flight time sound schweeeet!!

btw... is that an E-Flite lipo? if so, I just realized it has a different connector (JST?)... did you use an adapter or change the entire end of it?

-Mark

Quote:

HuffDaddy is offline Find More Posts by HuffDaddy
Last edited by HuffDaddy; May 09, 2011 at 10:49 PM. Reason: jst plug?
Old May 09, 2011, 10:54 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,656 Posts
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afraidtoregister View Post
I'm pretty sure they can get stuck past 100%. If you want more throw, adjust your control rods closer to the control surfaces on the horns.
RICHF16,

Setting the throws beyond 100% on a linear servo will make it bind, and will likely damage it over time. Says so right in the manual of every UM plane & heli they sell. Rotary servos can handle more than the 60 degrees of rotation that 100% travel provides. A linear servo's output arm can only move to the end of the track.

Besides - setting the throws to 125% on the tx decreases the resolution, which reduces precision. It's always best to adjust the throws mechanically.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old May 09, 2011, 10:57 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffDaddy View Post
RICH.... daaaang, I need to see that whoppin' 500 mAh lipo on your Corsair!!!

hey, could you snap a pic for me (us)?

I was considering the Hyperion 180 or 240 but never though of a 500!!
those flight time sound schweeeet!!

btw... is that an E-Flite lipo? if so, I just realized it has a different connector (JST?)... did you use an adapter or change the entire end of it?

-Mark
Mark,

If you're looking for endurance, I suggest trying the Hyperion 320. Much lighter than the Eflite 500, and it provides more power; albeit not quite as much flight-time.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member