HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 16, 2012, 01:49 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,216 Posts
A have the 480 PZ Mustang, amazing airplane!!
Flew my UM Corsair for the first time in a few weeks today, what a bitch of an airplane!! i wish i could buy the 480 version, but they're discontinuing the PNP one, and never sold a BNF version.
airpower is online now Find More Posts by airpower
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2012, 06:05 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Mar 2012
129 Posts
Thanks guys for you input,iv got 2 weeks till i get paid so iv still got time to think about what to get.I must admit i am drawn towards a larger mustang so i can fly it if the weather is a bit windy,plus it looks like it survives belly flop landings quite well.my plan is to eventually get the spitfire with retracts,although i like flying the flying fortress on the phoenix sim but thats awhile off yet.Funny thing is i dont miss flying my little heli,its sitting on the side gathering dust lol.
Bloody love these rc planes :-)
megadaz is offline Find More Posts by megadaz
Old Mar 16, 2012, 11:39 AM
Tossing planes into the snow
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
3,169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
A have the 480 PZ Mustang, amazing airplane!!
Flew my UM Corsair for the first time in a few weeks today, what a bitch of an airplane!! i wish i could buy the 480 version, but they're discontinuing the PNP one, and never sold a BNF version.
I thought long and hard before buying the RTF, about whether or not it was worth an extra 100 bucks for the receiver, battery, and a radio and charger I would never use. Then I thought "Maybe I will use it". I always wanted to try setting up a buddy box, but the main reason is that the DX5e is a pretty solid spare to have in hand if my DX6i ever craps out.

That is one sweet-flying plane, and the buddy box works too. Also the charger is better than the one that comes with the Mustang. It allows you to set the charge rate for different size batteries and also does 2s.
Jovanx is offline Find More Posts by Jovanx
Last edited by Jovanx; Mar 16, 2012 at 11:54 AM.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 12:27 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,216 Posts
Damnit Jovanx Another plane to balance in my equation wildcat/corsair+buying dad's t-28+current fleet+impulse bought GeeBees+concerned family= family coming close to whooping my ass
Old Mar 16, 2012, 01:25 PM
Tossing planes into the snow
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
3,169 Posts
Quote:
Damnit Jovanx Another plane to balance...
In a world where millions of people are either starving or dodging bullets, or both, we should be glad our toughest decision is what plane to buy next. Maybe you could ask her if she would rather you were out drinking with your buddies (but you've probably already tried that argument).

Why does the Corsair cost more than the Mustang?
1 It has a 30 amp esc and bigger prop, which get way more power out of the 480BL motor than the Mustang's 18a esc and smaller prop. If you put that esc and prop onto the Mustang, the vertical is almost unlimited.
2 The Mustang has one analog servo running the elevator. You need to supply your own to get the rudder working. The Corsair has 2 digital metal-gear servos on rudder and elevator, and the rudder servo is also driving the tail wheel.
3 It has wheels, and they are removable, and the plane belly-lands better than the Mustang because it doesn't have that "scoop" that digs into the grass.
Jovanx is offline Find More Posts by Jovanx
Last edited by Jovanx; Mar 16, 2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 02:32 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,216 Posts
Yeah, I don't really need the Corsair. The Wildcat PNP is a great deal at 120, i used to think it was really ugly, but now its starting to become cute kind of the way the GeeBee is. I also don't have any planes at the moment that use a 2200, I already have a few batteries for the mustang, and my park isn't that big, so the mustang/wildcat size is perfect for me, wish they'd build a couple more in that size/price range, I still have yet to see a dive bomber at the club field
I have used that arguement!! Haha, I always say its a much better hobby than other people just out of high school have, like drugs!
We really are blessed, I often think that its equally possible that I could've been born in a third world country where everyone is suffering, or china or india and be working all day for a couple dollars.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 02:35 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,471 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, I don't really need the Corsair. The Wildcat PNP is a great deal at 120, i used to think it was really ugly, but now its starting to become cute kind of the way the GeeBee is. I also don't have any planes at the moment that use a 2200, I already have a few batteries for the mustang, and my park isn't that big, so the mustang/wildcat size is perfect for me, wish they'd build a couple more in that size/price range, I still have yet to see a dive bomber at the club field
I have used that arguement!! Haha, I always say its a much better hobby than other people just out of high school have, like drugs!
We really are blessed, I often think that its equally possible that I could've been born in a third world country where everyone is suffering, or china or india and be working all day for a couple dollars.
The guys at my field that fly the Wildcat love it, fwiw.
tracknoob is online now Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Mar 18, 2012, 01:19 AM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,775 Posts
Quote:
i wish i could buy the 480 version, but they're discontinuing the PNP one, and never sold a BNF version.
You guys think there's an "updated" version of the full-size coming out? I'm having a blast with both micro & full-size F4U, & I was laughing 'cause I too use to think the Wildcat was kind of ugly, but now I'm thinking 'bout it, but jeez, Carbon Cub SS, MiG 15 EDF as well as the AS3X Spitfire, my wife is ready to kill me.........
rcoconut is offline Find More Posts by rcoconut
Old Mar 18, 2012, 02:27 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,216 Posts
How would they update it? Add the 15 motir, add a bnf option, solve the screw puncturing lipos, i would think they would just make a new warbird.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 03:52 AM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,775 Posts
Quote:
How would they update it? Add the 15 motir, add a bnf option, solve the screw puncturing lipos, i would think they would just make a new warbird.
Well, not sure on that one?? A P-15 would be nice but I'd rather have a Power 25!! The screw puncture has been resolved, I got my Corsair in December and that screw is shorter in length. Not sure but I wonder why they discontinued it, I thought it was popular? I have fun with mine and a Power 10 in there!!
Old Mar 18, 2012, 04:09 AM
build, fly, crash, repeat ...
United States, OR, Beavercreek
Joined Jan 2004
1,942 Posts
I got me a Corsair, the price was right to ....FREE

my nephew bought it a couple of days ago, flew it, crashed it, snapped the wing in half, busted an aileron control horn, said micro's ain't for him, and gave it to me

I need to fix it before I can fly it, but I'm thinking with a new wing, I should be fine, all the radio components still work fine.

I just ordered a new wing, fuse, and tail, plus decals and a couple of props, so it's gonna get a complete rebuild
Stuart Linfoot is online now Find More Posts by Stuart Linfoot
Last edited by Stuart Linfoot; Mar 18, 2012 at 05:49 AM.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 10:42 AM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Linfoot View Post

my nephew bought it a couple of days ago, flew it, crashed it, snapped the wing in half, busted an aileron control horn, said micro's ain't for him, and gave it to me

I need to fix it before I can fly it, but I'm thinking with a new wing, I should be fine, all the radio components still work fine.

I just ordered a new wing, fuse, and tail, plus decals and a couple of props, so it's gonna get a complete rebuild
Both of my Coarsairs have had the wings tore off. Glue the pieces back together, add a little clear tape and keep flying.

Model Master Insignia blue in a very close match to cover rash.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Mar 18, 2012, 11:39 AM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,775 Posts
Quote:
THAT is cool!! Can never beat that price!!
Old Mar 18, 2012, 06:11 PM
build, fly, crash, repeat ...
United States, OR, Beavercreek
Joined Jan 2004
1,942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
Both of my Coarsairs have had the wings tore off. Glue the pieces back together, add a little clear tape and keep flying.

Model Master Insignia blue in a very close match to cover rash.
I was gonna fix what I had last night, but I started tearing it apart before I searched to see how it was supposed to be done, I finally found some really nice videos that shows you how to do it, but not before I had busted the fuselage in half (as seen in the picture)

at that point, I figured I got nothing to lose beins how I got this thing for free, so I ordered a complete fuselage and decided to start from scratch, I ordered a decal set but figured I'd print up my own and make it truly unique
Stuart Linfoot is online now Find More Posts by Stuart Linfoot
Old Mar 18, 2012, 06:34 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,775 Posts
Quote:
I was gonna fix what I had last night, but I started tearing it apart before I searched to see how it was supposed to be done, I finally found some really nice videos that shows you how to do it, but not before I had busted the fuselage in half (as seen in the picture)

at that point, I figured I got nothing to lose beins how I got this thing for free, so I ordered a complete fuselage and decided to start from scratch, I ordered a decal set but figured I'd print up my own and make it truly unique
Awe man, sorry to see/hear 'bout the fuse, if it wasn't for the HH wing repair video I'm sure I would've done the same thing doing my wing repair.