HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 31, 2012, 02:45 PM
Tossing planes into the snow
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
2,856 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky65 View Post
One of my flying buddies suggested I try a 1S 240mAh. I plugged in the battery, ran it up to full throttle and all control surfaces operated smoothly, OH YEA! Now that's what it's supposed to do. Something still not right though. It should run fine on the stock battery.
I totally agree Corky. What is still not right is that the manufacturer has not addressed the problem. The least they could do is put a 240 in the box and a little note saying "Sorry we goofed, you need to cut a bit of foam and squeeze this battery in there." Instead they have buyer after buyer crashing and frustrated and questioning their abilities. Your problem was a little more complicated than most of us, who simply had a plane that was way too tail-heavy to fly.

At one point last summer, I would have happily unloaded it for 50 bucks. Now I love that little plane. You don't have to "hack" it. Instead, just carefully and lovingly cut a very small amount of foam to get a 200 or 240 in there. It has already sustained more damage than that.

It is underpowered, and I will leave it to Joel to tell you what the solution to that problem is. I am still waiting for my batteries and prop to show up in the mail.
Jovanx is offline Find More Posts by Jovanx
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2012, 03:10 PM
RC Aircraft Junkie
USA, CA, Chula Vista
Joined Sep 2004
815 Posts
Hey Daryoon, what batteries are you using for your Corsair?
jlk69 is online now Find More Posts by jlk69
Old Jan 31, 2012, 03:29 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,013 Posts
Hyperion 160 right now. But I think I will mod it to use the 240 and place it inside to balance the tail heaviness as others have mentioned.

I don't suspect you will get a plane anytime soon. I suspect that mCPX coming your way will be a handful for the foreseeable future.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 31, 2012, 03:32 PM
RC Aircraft Junkie
USA, CA, Chula Vista
Joined Sep 2004
815 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post

I don't suspect you will get a plane anytime soon. I suspect that mCPX coming your way will be a handful for the foreseeable future.
Your probably right as I spent all of my hobby allowance for a while. However, if a good deal or trade comes along who knows.
jlk69 is online now Find More Posts by jlk69
Old Jan 31, 2012, 07:55 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,085 Posts
A great battery i found that has power, alot of wieght/capacity, and is still gum stick shaped, the MiniAviation 190. MA 190s are the only battery i put in my corsair, extacto some foam so it goes as far as the battery lead goes, and it flies just like it should!
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:35 PM
Just here for the pie.
Canada, BC, Ashcroft
Joined Jun 2011
369 Posts
And here I was thinking it was just my poor flying that cost me 2 airframes. I have a Parkzone UM Cub as well as a Flyzone FW-190 and FMS Stuka that I have yet to crash. I had thought the Corsair was just too much for me.

I don't think I'm ready to change all my batteries since I've got 10 Thunder Power 160mAh batteries. Maybe I'll rig up a splitter and use 2 of them for now.

Thanks for finding a solution!

Cheers!
Randall
randall_l is offline Find More Posts by randall_l
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 31, 2012, 11:40 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,448 Posts
For me... It was Ma 190's plus Mac's nickle mod. Or the equivalent. And a 5043 prop. Lovin it now. Lee
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Feb 01, 2012, 12:48 AM
Gravity always wins . . .
USA, CA, Palmdale
Joined Dec 2010
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovanx View Post
I totally agree Corky. What is still not right is that the manufacturer has not addressed the problem. The least they could do is put a 240 in the box and a little note saying "Sorry we goofed, you need to cut a bit of foam and squeeze this battery in there." Instead they have buyer after buyer crashing and frustrated and questioning their abilities. Your problem was a little more complicated than most of us, who simply had a plane that was way too tail-heavy to fly.

At one point last summer, I would have happily unloaded it for 50 bucks. Now I love that little plane. You don't have to "hack" it. Instead, just carefully and lovingly cut a very small amount of foam to get a 200 or 240 in there. It has already sustained more damage than that.

It is underpowered, and I will leave it to Joel to tell you what the solution to that problem is. I am still waiting for my batteries and prop to show up in the mail.
Thanks for the response Jovan. Maybe I'll modify my plane and use the 1S 240 instead of the two 130s taped together. The 240 is 2g lighter than two 130s and 2g heavier than a stock 150. I have four Hyp 240s, I'll just have to "build" them (add batt plugs). That should increase the performance a little too. Maybe have to adjust the CG as well. I thought mine might be tail heavy but it turned out I just had to re-center the control sufaces by squeezing the hoops on the control rods.

I agree, the manufacturer is seriously lacking in the quality control department sinse these things are mass produced in China. I had to send my Champ back because I had problems with binding right out of the box. Don't get me wrong though, I love these little Park Flyers. I haven't had this much fun with a hobby sinse I was a kid.
Corky65 is offline Find More Posts by Corky65
Last edited by Corky65; Feb 01, 2012 at 09:32 PM.
Old Feb 01, 2012, 01:07 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
4,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
A great battery i found that has power, alot of wieght/capacity, and is still gum stick shaped, the MiniAviation 190. MA 190s are the only battery i put in my corsair, extacto some foam so it goes as far as the battery lead goes, and it flies just like it should!
Me too.

Fresh MA190s, plus a dime on the nose == a very happy F4U!
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Feb 01, 2012, 06:17 PM
Joined Dec 2011
7 Posts
thefinch24 is offline Find More Posts by thefinch24
Old Feb 03, 2012, 01:17 AM
Gravity always wins . . .
USA, CA, Palmdale
Joined Dec 2010
74 Posts
What's with the new look of RC Groups. It's a little distracting. Maybe just take some gettin' used to! hmmm!
Corky65 is offline Find More Posts by Corky65
Old Feb 03, 2012, 04:40 AM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
4,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky65 View Post
What's with the new look of RC Groups. It's a little distracting. Maybe just take some gettin' used to! hmmm!
I don't mind a little sprucing up or modernization... gotta keep up with the times...

But I hate hate hate hate the new active 'banner' style box with thread info that is now located BETWEEN the posts I'm reading and the "MY RCGroups" button -- MY reading method is to read a subscribed thread, then hit myrcgroups button to refresh remaining threads... but now, this new bar is right in between where I am reading/scrolling, and where I USED to mouseclick to move on. So, I keep almost clicking there, which will take me off to the parent forum, and not to my own subscribed threads, as I intended.

Boneheaded user interface stuff like this, that changes what used to be easy, natural navigation or other moves, into more cumbersome, or more difficult to execute (or error prone!) versions are simply unacceptable in this day and age of SW engineering and architecture. It's not rocket science.

tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Feb 03, 2012, 07:14 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,013 Posts
It just take some getting used to. However, you can go back to the old layout by editing your options.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Feb 03, 2012, 11:49 PM
United States, NJ, Lodi
Joined Jan 2012
968 Posts
I am using a 2 blade prop from su-26. I like the way it runs however it nose bombs on takeoffs and landings to the point that I just hand launch it. Do I need a smaller prop or something? It flies much better than 3 blade prop so I would like to stick with this 2 blade one if possible.
Syner01 is offline Find More Posts by Syner01
Old Feb 04, 2012, 12:21 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,085 Posts
Nose bomb? Explain? What are your inputs for landing and TO?
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower