Old Aug 21, 2011, 09:59 PM
AMA 1042906
United States, KS, Derby
Joined Mar 2008
1,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricrc68 View Post
okay thanks. t-28 it is!
I agree. Get the T28. The Corsair leaves a lot to be desired, IMHO. I've flown both and the T28 is by far the better UM airplane indoors or outdoors.

Allan
swimmer is offline Find More Posts by swimmer
Last edited by swimmer; Aug 21, 2011 at 10:04 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2011, 10:26 AM
The Sweet Aroma of 92 Octane
United States, PA, Downingtown
Joined May 2011
4,405 Posts
okay thanks.
electricrc68 is online now Find More Posts by electricrc68
Old Aug 22, 2011, 02:32 PM
is it supposed to smoke??
canada alberta outside edmonton
Joined Apr 2007
2,918 Posts
Hey guys can someone tell me if theres downthrust on this plane and if so how much roughly? Thanks.
3dFlyer88 is offline Find More Posts by 3dFlyer88
Old Aug 22, 2011, 06:03 PM
Joined Jul 2011
114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dFlyer88 View Post
can someone tell me if theres downthrust on this plane and if so how much roughly? Thanks.
It's hard to tell on mine. It has been nosed in a few too many times. Even with the definite downward angle on the front of the cowl, though, it doesn't look there is much downthrust there. No more than a degree or so if any.
random13 is offline Find More Posts by random13
Old Aug 23, 2011, 07:42 AM
I don't want to land yet!
Joined Jan 2010
1,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
I agree. Get the T28. The Corsair leaves a lot to be desired, IMHO. I've flown both and the T28 is by far the better UM airplane indoors or outdoors.

Allan
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Corsair once you get your CoG correct... I fly mine indoors and out. I can also fly it slower (about half throttle) without any problems especially indoors and with high rates I can flip it upside down and do circuits inverted... nothing wrong with the plane!
Strike3 is offline Find More Posts by Strike3
Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:36 AM
Joined Jun 2011
135 Posts
I agree there is nothing wrong with the UM Corsair once the CG is correct. It does really look great but mine was tail heavy. The 3 blade prop looks great too but is pretty sad thrust wise. GWS 5043 or even 5030 prop w/adapter is better but it does take away from looks of plane. I still fly mine when its calm wind but dont fly a Beast or Sback and then fly Corsair .

Nick
nickimde is offline Find More Posts by nickimde
Old Aug 23, 2011, 11:31 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post

Allan
The Corsair is a nicer looking plane but durability wise and all around performance the T28 seems better to me. I just find the Corsair very easy for cracks and breakage compared to the T28 that seems to take grass landings, rough or otherwise better. The design of the tail surfaces plus the panel lines seem to make them more prone to creasing and breaking. That said the Corsair feels and looks more scale when flying.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 23, 2011, 01:50 PM
AMA 1042906
United States, KS, Derby
Joined Mar 2008
1,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schooner2000 View Post
The Corsair is a nicer looking plane but durability wise and all around performance the T28 seems better to me. I just find the Corsair very easy for cracks and breakage compared to the T28 that seems to take grass landings, rough or otherwise better. The design of the tail surfaces plus the panel lines seem to make them more prone to creasing and breaking. That said the Corsair feels and looks more scale when flying.
My Corsair is going brushless and my Pole Cat is next. All parts on the way. My Corsair flies fine, I like it, CG correct and have enjoyed many flights indoors and outdoors, however, even with the SX motor and 5043 prop it is still not the flier I want it to be. Hopefully HH will put brushless equipment in more of their UM's for those of us who want increased performance. If not, then I've bought my last Parkzone UM.

Allan
Last edited by swimmer; Aug 23, 2011 at 04:44 PM.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 06:39 PM
Joined Jan 2010
1,500 Posts
These UM models are made to serve a purpose, kept light enough to fly indoors so therefore you cannot expect them to be flying at warp speed and handling all sorts of conditions... use them for the purpose they have been designed.
If you want to go fast and have a model that can handle bad landings etc. get a cheap foamie and throw a bigger motor etc. in that... that's my opinion anyway, each to his own

Also remember the plane is meant to fly not crash... it will last a lot longer
Old Aug 23, 2011, 08:49 PM
AMA 1042906
United States, KS, Derby
Joined Mar 2008
1,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike3 View Post
These UM models are made to serve a purpose, kept light enough to fly indoors so therefore you cannot expect them to be flying at warp speed and handling all sorts of conditions... use them for the purpose they have been designed.
If you want to go fast and have a model that can handle bad landings etc. get a cheap foamie and throw a bigger motor etc. in that... that's my opinion anyway, each to his own

Also remember the plane is meant to fly not crash... it will last a lot longer
I'm glad you are happy with yours and the way you like to fly.

Allan
Last edited by swimmer; Aug 23, 2011 at 09:05 PM.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 09:03 PM
Joined Jan 2010
1,500 Posts
Yes I am thanks Allan.
She flies well indoors, especially on high rates... rolls, loops and inverted flight!
That is what I bought it for...
Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:19 PM
is it supposed to smoke??
canada alberta outside edmonton
Joined Apr 2007
2,918 Posts
has anyone noticed wing rock at lower speeds. not stall speed but coming in for landings or when level flight but slow speed some wing rock?
3dFlyer88 is offline Find More Posts by 3dFlyer88
Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:52 PM
United States, CT, Glastonbury Center
Joined May 2007
1,441 Posts
I'm thinking about finally trying a better prop ... I have 5043 and 5030 ... Not sure which one I want to try first
telos81 is offline Find More Posts by telos81
Old Aug 24, 2011, 08:53 AM
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Feb 2008
313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by telos81 View Post
I'm thinking about finally trying a better prop ... I have 5043 and 5030 ... Not sure which one I want to try first
I have both. for me, 5030 is easier to modulate speed. Finer speed control over the 5043. 5043 can power through wind better. The motor runs hot with 5043. I use spoileron at 10% - 15% to change the camber of the wing to deal with wind. With that, the 5030 does fine for me for penetration. I prefer it over the 5043.

Just my experience. I think majority of the post will lead you to 5043 rather than the milder 5030.
jseeker101 is offline Find More Posts by jseeker101
Old Aug 24, 2011, 08:55 AM
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Feb 2008
313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dFlyer88 View Post
has anyone noticed wing rock at lower speeds. not stall speed but coming in for landings or when level flight but slow speed some wing rock?
No rock for me. But it is cross wind sensitive. with the up turn wing, any breeze you will see it translate to wing not being level anymore. I have flown it at stall speed and still no rock other than the drop wing. Both of mine behave the same with this.
jseeker101 is offline Find More Posts by jseeker101