HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 24, 2011, 10:58 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by apothecarion View Post
the plastic ones ate what you use to stack the coins and slide them into the paper sleeves

check office depot or an equivalent office store
No these are actually plastic coin rollers. You fill them then one half folds over and snaps onto the other. Found the same ones here - http://www.napcoinsorter.com/
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2011, 03:12 PM
Joined Jul 2011
110 Posts
Those are some tiny tiny gears

I switched the little gears on my elevator and rudder servos yesterday. I am hoping that this fixes the problem I was having with my elevator servo sticking. A sticky rudder I can handle much easier

The gears came off really easily. I just stuck a razor blade down between the gear and the motor and twisted a bit. They slid right off. However! Do this over a very smooth and clean table!

I misplaced one of the pinion gears while working on this. I thought I was being very careful, but it just went poof!

I looked everywhere I thought it might have gotten to. I had even given up and started looking at how much it was going to cost me to get a new one, or even how I might just hold down the rudder so that I could fly without it.

Later, I decided to take one more look around, and there it was!
random13 is offline Find More Posts by random13
Old Jul 28, 2011, 04:17 PM
Joined Jun 2011
153 Posts
love that story... I've spent far too long looking for those gears when they go poof
apothecarion is offline Find More Posts by apothecarion
Old Jul 28, 2011, 06:26 PM
F18
United States, MA, Onset
Joined Apr 2008
233 Posts
Here is an odd one that maybe someone can help me with

I went flying with my hangar of planes last night.....UM P51, UM T-28, UM Mosquito and UM Corsair.

The UM Corsair was the last plane I flew before the sun went down.
I left the planes in the car trunk overnight. Early this morning I unloaded them. When I was putting them away I noticed I had left the LiPo on the Corsair....plugged in......overnight. I was in a rush the night before and just did not notice. Or may be I just have too many planes?

So here is my problem: I just tested the Corsair with a fresh battery and now the ailerons are functioning as flaps....moving in unison in the same direction. I tested my other planes and they function perfectly....so I know it is not the transmitter, [transmitter is a HP6DSM]

Any thoughts how I can correct it before I start exploratory surgery?
F18 is offline Find More Posts by F18
Old Jul 28, 2011, 07:15 PM
United States, CT, Glastonbury Center
Joined May 2007
1,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F18 View Post
Here is an odd one that maybe someone can help me with

I went flying with my hangar of planes last night.....UM P51, UM T-28, UM Mosquito and UM Corsair.

The UM Corsair was the last plane I flew before the sun went down.
I left the planes in the car trunk overnight. Early this morning I unloaded them. When I was putting them away I noticed I had left the LiPo on the Corsair....plugged in......overnight. I was in a rush the night before and just did not notice. Or may be I just have too many planes?

So here is my problem: I just tested the Corsair with a fresh battery and now the ailerons are functioning as flaps....moving in unison in the same direction. I tested my other planes and they function perfectly....so I know it is not the transmitter, [transmitter is a HP6DSM]

Any thoughts how I can correct it before I start exploratory surgery?
Try the first two posts on page #22

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...432230&page=22

Should work ...
telos81 is offline Find More Posts by telos81
Old Jul 28, 2011, 08:10 PM
F18
United States, MA, Onset
Joined Apr 2008
233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by telos81 View Post
Try the first two posts on page #22

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...432230&page=22

Should work ...
telos81 Thanks!
I need to dig out the old RTF transmitter I have to try the mode changes on the brick per the instructions on page 22.
Was not having much success reprograming the brick with my HP6DSM to correct the ailerons.

Hope I did not do permanent damage leaving the plane plugged in overnight!
Have only about 40 flights on it and it flew perfect up to that point
Old Jul 28, 2011, 08:40 PM
Joined Jul 2011
110 Posts
Quote:
I had left the LiPo on the Corsair....plugged in......overnight.
Hope you get your Rx working properly again....

I'm still pretty new to all of this. Is that battery just a write-off?
random13 is offline Find More Posts by random13
Old Jul 28, 2011, 09:28 PM
Joined May 2007
1,441 Posts
Quote:
telos81 Thanks!
I need to dig out the old RTF transmitter I have to try the mode changes on the brick per the instructions on page 22.
Was not having much success reprograming the brick with my HP6DSM to correct the ailerons.

Hope I did not do permanent damage leaving the plane plugged in overnight!
Have only about 40 flights on it and it flew perfect up to that point
If you are currently using a DX6 or better, the other option is to use the "flaperon" mode. That should also correct your problem ... You might just have to reverse channel 5 or 6, I forget
Old Jul 28, 2011, 09:29 PM
Joined May 2007
1,441 Posts
Ah never mind ... I just saw you have HP6DSM, it can't do flaperon programing.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 09:33 PM
Joined May 2007
1,441 Posts
Oh, and I think the instructions on page 22 will work with your HP6DSM. I'm pretty sure I used my DX7 to turn ON the flaperons mode on my bird. So you should be able to turn them OFF with any TX bound to the bird.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 09:55 PM
F18
United States, MA, Onset
Joined Apr 2008
233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by random13 View Post
Hope you get your Rx working properly again....

I'm still pretty new to all of this. Is that battery just a write-off?
random13......I ran it up charging with all my other batteries tonight and it seemed OK. But the proof will be when I stick it in a bird and see what capacity/flight time it has under load. Batteries that are damaged or on their last legs will also have some odd effects on these micro servos and DSM receivers. (phantom aileron and other control surface movement)
I've accumilated a box full of 1S lipos....some are good and some are marginal.

I get dizzy flying before I run out of batteries
Old Jul 28, 2011, 10:12 PM
F18
United States, MA, Onset
Joined Apr 2008
233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by telos81 View Post
Oh, and I think the instructions on page 22 will work with your HP6DSM. I'm pretty sure I used my DX7 to turn ON the flaperons mode on my bird. So you should be able to turn them OFF with any TX bound to the bird.
Yea.....I need to try my HP6DSM again to correct this. I pulled out the (toy)
RTF transmitter from storage and realized I am out of AA batteries. So I also need to buy more AAs and just replace the ones in the HP6DSM and try the brick mode thing again.

Somehow the long drain on the lipo that I left plugged into the Corsair overnight changed the channel mode from ailerons to flaps????
It's a mystery to me..........
Last edited by F18; Jul 28, 2011 at 10:23 PM.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 12:39 AM
Looking4Grass in AZ
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Feb 2011
1,357 Posts
Split S's, hammerheads, loops, aileron rolls, snap rolls, flat turns, and 1 foot off deck flying today. Used up... 8 batteries and they kicked me out when it was dark. Tried to do some 4 point rolls, aborted each time. I got a hand of this little sucker finally.
Afraidtoregister is offline Find More Posts by Afraidtoregister
Old Jul 29, 2011, 06:32 AM
Joined May 2007
1,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afraidtoregister View Post
Split S's, hammerheads, loops, aileron rolls, snap rolls, flat turns, and 1 foot off deck flying today. Used up... 8 batteries and they kicked me out when it was dark. Tried to do some 4 point rolls, aborted each time. I got a hand of this little sucker finally.
Wow. Did you change the prop?
Old Jul 29, 2011, 07:48 AM
F18
United States, MA, Onset
Joined Apr 2008
233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afraidtoregister View Post
It's a great little plane.....my only complaint.....actually with all of the UMs, is that the control horns are too flimsy for high G stuff. They torque/twist and flex. So far the only solution I've found is to immediately move the linkage to the inner holes and shim the control horns tight away from the inner bend of linkage with a small piece of tubing cut from a WD40 (red) spray tube. I tack the tube shim in place with CA.

On the first flight with the Corsair (with no mods) I had the control horn on the left aileron flex and walk around the inside bend on the linkage....essentually locking that aileron in the down position. Unfortunately I had just rolled out and was doing a screaming, strafing dive. I rolled again at the end of the dive so I could pull out facing the wind......that's when the aileron locked.
I just watched the Corsair corkscrew itself into the ground full bore.

The impact sheard both wings off from the inside cut out for the ailerons to the leading edge at the fuselage. They were hanging by the wire harnesses.
Fuselage is tough though....no damage there which was remarkable!