HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 31, 2011, 02:25 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mespert View Post
You were right, the wing and belly are glue together, then glued with double sided tape under the plane. So you just have to be carefull when you pull that you do not break the fuselage in half ! Everything went well, made my own servo supports with the old foam from the belly. Back to flying now !
Sounds great! Have fun flying your corsair.
zmonster97 is offline Find More Posts by zmonster97
to remove ads between posts
Old May 31, 2011, 04:02 PM
Canada, QC, Saint-Hubert
Joined May 2011
108 Posts
You guys are always speaking about a 5043 prop. Is it a GWS orange prop ? And from where do you get it cause Horizon has none. Thanks!
Mespert is offline Find More Posts by Mespert
Old May 31, 2011, 04:54 PM
Joined May 2011
420 Posts
It also comes in gray and black. There is several places to get it, none of which I can remember right now, so you'll have to wait for someone else to chime in. Sorry.
PepeM is offline Find More Posts by PepeM
Old May 31, 2011, 06:57 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mespert View Post
You guys are always speaking about a 5043 prop. Is it a GWS orange prop ? And from where do you get it cause Horizon has none. Thanks!
Mespert,

The GWS 5043 is available in orange or black. It requires a 1.5mm-4mm adapter. See my blog thread on the topic for a number of GWS prop & adapter sources:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1361812

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old May 31, 2011, 11:42 PM
Looking4Grass in AZ
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Feb 2011
1,357 Posts
What about those prop savers from RC Fun Lab (.com)? I just picked up 3 of them: Champ, 4Site, Dynex brushless build. Anybody think those are good?
Afraidtoregister is offline Find More Posts by Afraidtoregister
Old Jun 01, 2011, 12:02 AM
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afraidtoregister View Post
What about those prop savers from RC Fun Lab (.com)? I just picked up 3 of them: Champ, 4Site, Dynex brushless build. Anybody think those are good?
Link?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 01, 2011, 12:25 AM
United States, CA, Santa Rosa
Joined Mar 2011
883 Posts
Just got 2 bravo sx motors in the mail. Anyone know where to get some pinion gears? I asked at the lhs today and he didn't have any bad motors laying around.
asosestrom is offline Find More Posts by asosestrom
Old Jun 01, 2011, 01:41 AM
Looking4Grass in AZ
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Feb 2011
1,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Link?
UM Prop Saver Kit Benefits; Why You Need One (1 min 35 sec)

Champ Prop Saver Kit Install (1 min 52 sec)

Just the saver and the bands:
http://store.rcfunlab.com/Prop_Prop_...rp-lrgadpr.htm

Baby one for Embers and Vapors and such:
http://store.rcfunlab.com/Prop_Prop_...rp-smladpr.htm

Extra bands:
http://store.rcfunlab.com/Prop_Saver...gr-prs-06b.htm

They have "kits" which I think are overpriced as it's just the $3 saver and 2 props for $9. Here's the Corsair kit:
http://store.rcfunlab.com/Corsair_Pr...rs-prp-f4u.htm

I don't know if they're any good... but I got 3. Waiting on the GWS props from HK.
Afraidtoregister is offline Find More Posts by Afraidtoregister
Old Jun 01, 2011, 09:35 AM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
You can also get grey 5043's at HeadsUpRC in Ocala, FL. They are FAST shippers and reasonably-priced as well.

5043 in gray are (2) for $2.15
http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...ers-TWO/Detail

I go there first to look for anything I need.

By the way, Heads Up seems to sell good quality stuff, so their house Lipos might be worth a try at only $2.75 each!
3.7v 150mah Power Up Lipo Battery for Micro and Ultra Micro RC Planes
http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...ower-Up/Detail

Mac
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Old Jun 01, 2011, 03:07 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,011 Posts
Afraidtoregister,

I have that same prop adapter on my su-26m sukhoi and it works great. It just screws on like a normal prop. Make sure you screw it on straight. I screwed mine on a little crooked and now my plane vibrates. I don't really care because i might get rid of the plane but it's really annoying.
zmonster97 is offline Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Jun 02, 2011, 11:29 AM
Joined Jun 2011
2 Posts
Micro Corsair servo covers

What kind or brand of glue was it, I'm trying to find the exact same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaladroitFL View Post
I have already broken 3 or 4 servos since early March, so naturally I'm pretty wary of those unprotected servos hangin'out in the breeze on our Corsairs.

So, I started looking around for something I could use to protect them - especially since I'd love to try out some gearless scale flight and belly-landings.

There was a guy in another forum who used some cut-offs from a 2-liter bottle which looked excellent, but I couldn't find any in our house. But I had purchased a 3-pack of glue and the blister pack was shaped like each tube, so I cut two of these plastic pieces out, trimmed them and used some foam-safe CA to attach them under the wings.
But the thin strip of CA wasn't going to be strong enough in a hard hit, so I decided to clear tape them as well.

They seem to do their job and the servos have just enough room to work.
PicasoX is offline Find More Posts by PicasoX
Old Jun 03, 2011, 12:00 AM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PicasoX View Post
What kind or brand of glue was it, I'm trying to find the exact same thing.
It was a 3-pack of Aleene's Tacky Glue. (Which is great stuff for filling cracks and glueing-down gear boxes and motors.)
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Old Jun 05, 2011, 11:27 PM
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,828 Posts
Flying the F4U from my yard

Here's a clip I shot this evening. I'm flying around my yard. I'm running a 5043 prop & a Hyp 240 cell. As you can see, scale aerobatics are no problem with this setup, and she slows nicely.

Joel

Flying Park Zone's UM Corsair in my yard (6 min 33 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 06, 2011, 06:31 AM
United States, CT, Glastonbury Center
Joined May 2007
1,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks View Post
Had to drop in so the guys that like to tinker with their models don't miss out.

I had a heck of a time getting my hands on one but it got here last week.
I have the cockpit upgrade available on the Website now. I went with an open cockpit as a personal preference so the instrument panel can be seen better. There may be a thread on how its done later but for now all you need to know is the instructions are on the site under the banner and you don't have to split the fuselage to get it done.
I had a blade of grass strip out one of these servos on another model so I made covers to prevent it on this one.
They come in the upgrade kit too.
Not bad for $6

www.parkflyerplastics.com
Has anyone flown with this kit yet?

I ordered it 'cause I think it looks great! And I really want the servo covers ...

In another thread people wondered about performance because of the added weight and drap from the open canopy. Has anyone found this to be an issue?

Also, is there any need to keep the canopy open? Can't you just tape/glue the middle part back after the pilot is in?
telos81 is offline Find More Posts by telos81
Old Jun 06, 2011, 06:41 AM
Canada, QC, Saint-Hubert
Joined May 2011
108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Here's a clip I shot this evening. I'm flying around my yard. I'm running a 5043 prop & a Hyp 240 cell. As you can see, scale aerobatics are no problem with this setup, and she slows nicely.

Joel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPcNPtzfQ_c
Amazing video ! I hope the parts you recommended me for the prop arrives soon !!

Thank you !
Mespert is offline Find More Posts by Mespert