HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 23, 2011, 06:10 AM
RC 4 Life
Fort Worth, TX USA
Joined Feb 2001
4,562 Posts
Zmonster , It's OK, the whole weight thing is a non issue for many modelers.
The performance guys might cringe at the thought of adding weight for looks while the scale guys cringe at flying a "ghost ship".
I have the other micro upgrades on the site and felt I had to keep the set complete.

As for the servo covers looking like a weapon. .. . . ..I tried a bomb shape and the pushrod exit ruins the shape. Attaching it would have been a pain as well.
Rockets would have had to be extend beyond the leading edge and the part would have been fairly flat. The last thing I need is for the cover to ruin servos if installed wrong.
I went with a cover made for the servo to reduce drag and weight and still have enough clearance for it to work as designed.
sparks is offline Find More Posts by sparks
to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2011, 06:13 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,096 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks View Post
As for the servo covers looking like a weapon. .. . . ..I tried a bomb shape and the pushrod exit ruins the shape. Attaching it would have been a pain as well.
Rockets would have had to be extend beyond the leading edge and the part would have been fairly flat. The last thing I need is for the cover to ruin servos if installed wrong.
I went with a cover made for the servo to reduce drag and weight and still have enough clearance for it to work as designed.
Ya there isn't a lot of room to play with the way they are setup. That's why I just went with a similar simple cover as well for now anyway.

flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old May 23, 2011, 02:31 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,012 Posts
Sparks,

Do you know the exact weight of the canopy kit. It looks pretty good and i might buy one.
zmonster97 is offline Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old May 24, 2011, 06:02 PM
RC 4 Life
Fort Worth, TX USA
Joined Feb 2001
4,562 Posts
Sorry, I don't have a scale that small.
The whole thing (untrimmed) weighes 1/4 ounce but when trimmed and assembled it don't regester so I supose it's less that 1/8 ounce.
sparks is offline Find More Posts by sparks
Old May 25, 2011, 02:19 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
Joined May 2011
3,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks View Post
Sorry, I don't have a scale that small.
The whole thing (untrimmed) weighes 1/4 ounce but when trimmed and assembled it don't regester so I supose it's less that 1/8 ounce.
Ok thanks.
Old May 25, 2011, 02:32 PM
Canada, QC, Saint-Hubert
Joined May 2011
108 Posts
Hi guys !

Just wondering, I broke the wing and want to replace it... How would I do that do I have to open the top half of the plane ?

Thanks !

--Newbie to flying here
Mespert is offline Find More Posts by Mespert
Old May 25, 2011, 07:05 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
Joined May 2011
3,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mespert View Post
Hi guys !

Just wondering, I broke the wing and want to replace it... How would I do that do I have to open the top half of the plane ?

Thanks !

--Newbie to flying here
Hi. here is a link to a video by horizon that shows how to replace a wing on an ultra micro.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Articles...ArticleID=2237

I know this is a champ but it should be the same with the corsair. It's just held on by some tape or glue. You would just need to cut through that, then change your servos and then glue the new wing back on. You will need to open the top so you can unplug the aileron servos to put them on the new wing.

Hope this helps!
Old May 25, 2011, 08:50 PM
Joined Sep 2010
4,006 Posts
Help with Corsair motor alignment needed

Can some of you check out your Corsair and see if the motor is pointing down and right as is typical with T28 and most um planes? I have to replace the gearbox on mine and lost enough foam getting the old out to be unsure of where it was. I actually thought mine was almost perfectly straight as far as up/down thrust was concerned.
I know the T28 and my mosquito has visible down thrust and am sure my corsair never had as much down thrust as they do. My Sukhoi is essentially level.

Help please
bobly is online now Find More Posts by bobly
Old May 25, 2011, 10:21 PM
Looking4Grass in AZ
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Feb 2011
1,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
Can some of you check out your Corsair and see if the motor is pointing down and right as is typical with T28 and most um planes? I have to replace the gearbox on mine and lost enough foam getting the old out to be unsure of where it was. I actually thought mine was almost perfectly straight as far as up/down thrust was concerned.
I know the T28 and my mosquito has visible down thrust and am sure my corsair never had as much down thrust as they do. My Sukhoi is essentially level.

Help please
Yes, they all have the down and the right orientation.
Afraidtoregister is offline Find More Posts by Afraidtoregister
Old May 25, 2011, 10:24 PM
crash test dummy
Australia, New South Wales, Evans Head
Joined May 2011
58 Posts
postman pat just knocked on the door......so i guess i am now in the "club"
Ja_son is offline Find More Posts by Ja_son
Old May 26, 2011, 01:27 AM
Looking4Grass in AZ
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Feb 2011
1,357 Posts
Tomorrow is Corsair Day. I'm bringing all my chargers. I'm spending the whole day there. Gonna be sweet.
Old May 26, 2011, 01:20 PM
Joined Nov 2004
857 Posts
Speaking of chargers....I've had the stock charger go tango uniform on me. Lights come on but it doesn't charge cells. New, verified condition batteries didn't help. Cells charge fine on my Mosquito charger. I've got a note into Horizon but they aren't being as prompt in reply as I'd hoped for. I like the stock charger's portability. Anyone want to part with one? PM me if you can help.
ho50ca is offline Find More Posts by ho50ca
Old May 26, 2011, 09:40 PM
Looking4Grass in AZ
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Feb 2011
1,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afraidtoregister View Post
Tomorrow is Corsair Day. I'm bringing all my chargers. I'm spending the whole day there. Gonna be sweet.
Elevator gave too much up, it just did loops in the air until it crashed and took off a wing. Hooray.

Champ has a sticky rudder servo. So they're both down.
Old May 26, 2011, 09:57 PM
Joined Sep 2010
4,006 Posts
Just glue the wing back on. That's not enough to stop the Corsair. Champ straight to the Corsair - that's quite a jump. Put a um T28 in the middle. Warm up on the Champ, step up on the T28, then fly the Corsair.
bobly is online now Find More Posts by bobly
Old May 27, 2011, 12:01 AM
Fledgling Modeller
Kelowna, B.C., Canada
Joined May 2010
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
Just glue the wing back on. That's not enough to stop the Corsair. Champ straight to the Corsair - that's quite a jump. Put a um T28 in the middle. Warm up on the Champ, step up on the T28, then fly the Corsair.
I went from a J-3 Cub straight to the Corsair. Had no difficulty in the transition. The Corsair did take a fair bit of trim to stop it from just doing circles to the right though, but after I had her trimmed for level flight at about 75% throttle she flew very nicely.
Arkitekt is offline Find More Posts by Arkitekt