SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Repairman6, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 15, 2003, 01:54 AM
MultipleCrashSurvivor
USA, HI, Honolulu
Joined Jan 2003
2,886 Posts
Trader Rating: 48
Read the first post.
drksyd is offline Find More Posts by drksyd
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2003, 03:09 AM
Joined Feb 2001
2,818 Posts
Trader Rating: 12
How do you run these things in parallel? 26 amps would be perfect for my needs. $22 each shipped to Hawaii?
ScotY is offline Find More Posts by ScotY
Old Sep 15, 2003, 03:20 AM
MultipleCrashSurvivor
USA, HI, Honolulu
Joined Jan 2003
2,886 Posts
Yep, really thought about getting another one to just leave at work but these things are pretty small and not a problem to carry around.

Would you be Scot with the electric Raptor?
Old Sep 15, 2003, 03:34 AM
Joined Feb 2001
2,818 Posts
Trader Rating: 12
Yes, that's me. I don't think I know you, or do I?
ScotY is offline Find More Posts by ScotY
Old Sep 15, 2003, 04:52 AM
MultipleCrashSurvivor
USA, HI, Honolulu
Joined Jan 2003
2,886 Posts
I see you at the marsh, I fly the little mini wing. That's all I have that I can fly there for now. I was cruising with Phil them yesterday.
Old Sep 19, 2003, 01:32 AM
Flying Free
Utah
Joined Aug 2001
1,938 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Fixed up the Power supply

I added a cover to the electrical connections, a lighted toggle on/off switch, two deans female plugs(so I can plug two chargers into the PS), a cooling fan with its own toggle on/ off switch.

Here are some pictures.

(edited: It doesn't show here in the pictures but I hooked the fan up to the VS outputs.)
erashby is offline Find More Posts by erashby
Last edited by erashby; Sep 20, 2003 at 11:12 AM.
Old Sep 20, 2003, 09:24 AM
Oxford, Alabama USA
Joined May 2001
640 Posts
Trader Rating: 38
How!?!

How I hooked it up - your result may vary, but hopefully not!
jimmyray is offline Find More Posts by jimmyray
Old Sep 20, 2003, 09:25 AM
Oxford, Alabama USA
Joined May 2001
640 Posts
Trader Rating: 38
Pic without the notes
jimmyray is offline Find More Posts by jimmyray
Old Sep 20, 2003, 11:05 AM
Toledo
Joined May 2003
34 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Power supply problem

I bought one of these about a month back and it was working fine until I tried to charge a 3s LiPo pack with a Triton. I kept getting an error message that the Batt volt was too low. I moved the Triton to my car battery and it worked fine so I decided it must be the output from the power supply that was too low, so I used the little white plastic screw-adjuster, on the left side of the above picture, to up the output. As soon as I did this the power LED went out and the power supply stopped working entirely. I opened it up and the only fuse I found was intact. I adjusted the screw back to its original position and I am still getting nothing.

Does anyone have an idea of what is up with this power supply?
papanurg is offline Find More Posts by papanurg
Old Sep 20, 2003, 11:11 AM
Flying Free
Utah
Joined Aug 2001
1,938 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
No idea what is wrong. You just need to trouble shoot it. But I would contact the vendor and see if he will give you a discount on another one. Instead of $19.99 including shipping I think that 1/2 price would be reasonable-$10. If I were the vendor that is what I would do, so people here on r/c groups would feel confident in buying the Power Supply, after all they are all surplus and used.
erashby is offline Find More Posts by erashby
Old Sep 20, 2003, 01:21 PM
GRAVITY... Just Say NO!
Toledo, OH
Joined Apr 2002
994 Posts
I'd email the vendor, papa. They have been doing a brisk business here on ezone with these powersupplies. I'm sure they'd be willing to work with you to make it right.

Let us know how it turns out.
ArcherAce is offline Find More Posts by ArcherAce
Old Sep 20, 2003, 08:04 PM
Toledo
Joined May 2003
34 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Works again

I'm not an electrician so I don't have an explanation, but it works again.

I let it sit for a couple of hours, set the output screw close to its original position and plugged it back in...things I tried before posting without success...and low and behold it worked again. I don't know if the unit stores an amount of energy and needed to dissipate it before it worked again or what. Anyway the power unit is plugged in and charging up my 3s LiPo as I write this.
papanurg is offline Find More Posts by papanurg
Old Sep 21, 2003, 01:49 AM
Woodland, CA , USA
Joined Sep 2001
288 Posts
Trader Rating: 7
Earlier is this thread someone mentioned that the unit will go up to about 15v and then cut out. Also, I remember something about having to fake out my Astro 110 deluxe to get it to charge a NMh battery that is getting the "low battery voltage" message. Glad it's all working again though.

Here's a thought. If you started to charge the Lipo's to soon after discharge could they not have had a chance to equalize pack-to-pack when load was released? I seem to remember reading something about Lipo packs needing to be within a certain voltage range one to the other to function effectively. I am still standing on the sidelines having yet to take the LiPo plunge so I have no direct experience with them.

Good Luck, Steve.
weflyon is offline Find More Posts by weflyon
Closed Thread