Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 30, 2011, 11:42 AM
Joined Apr 2011
8 Posts
Help!
NEWBIE HELP WITH BROKEN PART ON RC10T4.1 RTR brushless

So, I recently like few days ago, got back into the rc world. I got myself a T4.1 RTR brushless. Stoked about it. I have a few questions though. First, it looks like I hit a curb and broke the dogbone on right rear and broke on of the large ball cups on right rear camber. Are these an easy fix?? Second, can someone explain how to replace dogbone? Third, once that stuff is fixed I wanna do some offroad/jumps and what is best springs for that I know Team Associated has like 5 different color shocks and I want ones best suited for jumps. PLEASE help me somebody, it would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks!!
barbios6 is offline Find More Posts by barbios6
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2011, 09:12 AM
Kowalski !.....Options
USA, MI, Hastings
Joined Jan 2007
2,367 Posts
You can get those parts easy it is a 10 minute fix. Remove the wheel and remove the camber link.(the rod between the wheel hub and chassis). Take out the old dog bone and put in a new one. If you broke the ball stud in the shock tower you may need to replace that. All of the springs are suitable for jumps. You may need to use a stiffer set of springs or some heavy shock oil. It sounds like you just hit the jump to fast and you cartwheeled it. I can't remember what color is stiffer Red I think. Try That first.
mredzadventure is offline Find More Posts by mredzadventure
Old May 01, 2011, 05:44 PM
Joined Apr 2011
8 Posts
ok thanks. yes I ordered a new dogbone and some ball cups. do you have any other suggestions for this truck. I am pretty happy with it thus far besides the crash.
Old May 01, 2011, 07:50 PM
Kowalski !.....Options
USA, MI, Hastings
Joined Jan 2007
2,367 Posts
Anything RPM will be good.Extra a A arms and some shock towers. It is really a good all around truck.
mredzadventure is offline Find More Posts by mredzadventure
Old May 02, 2011, 03:34 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,793 Posts
There's a good chance you didn't actually break the dogbone, if you broke the upper turnbuckle then the dogbone would just fall out.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old May 03, 2011, 10:38 PM
Joined Apr 2011
8 Posts
that makes sense than. the turnbuckle didnt break but the ball cup that holds turnbuckle did. i could not find dogbone so I need that part any way. I ordered that and ball cups.
Old May 04, 2011, 01:07 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,793 Posts
Ahh, lost is just as bad as broken
Old May 04, 2011, 05:02 PM
Joined Apr 2011
8 Posts
To replace dogbone, does it just snap in place? It doesnt look like anything special to put in.
Old May 04, 2011, 09:55 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,793 Posts
If it's a true dogbone then it just slides in. If it's a CVD then its attached to the rear axle stub. From what I remember, the T4.1 RTR is a dogbone.
Old May 04, 2011, 11:40 PM
Joined Apr 2011
8 Posts
ya its just a true dogbone.