SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 30, 2011, 11:27 AM
UK, South Yorkshire, Sheffield
Joined May 2009
968 Posts
Discussion
HK 2.4GHz 6ch - T6A - Found both answers!!

Hey everyone,

There has been some talking about this radio but i have a couple of problems that I haven't found a solution for anywhere.

tried google and rcgroups extensively to no avail so I'll try to post.

My problems are:

1- After doing everything according to the manual, including installing drivers, T6 software etc etc i still make a connection between transmitter and PC (green bars never move) I have also tried different usb ports, different drivers etc. I'm out of ideas... using windows vista :/

2- I bought a couple of these in order to set up a buddy box system, to teach a couple of friends how to fly. I have a cable that is S-video to S-video. mechanically everything fits together but I haven't found anywhere how to set up the master/slave system. And as far I can see on the T6 configuring software there isnt an option to assign switch A or B to this funcion.

thanks for any help
Bandarra is offline Find More Posts by Bandarra
Last edited by Bandarra; May 04, 2011 at 05:36 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 30, 2011, 11:59 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,279 Posts
Hi,

concerning 1--:

Does the LED in the USB connection cable near the plug, in the semi-transparent plastic case, light up upon connection?
I found that the case is a little too long, so that the USB plug cannot be totally plugged in. I removed the case, ground it shorter, reattached it and everything works now.
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez
Old Apr 30, 2011, 12:05 PM
Joined May 2009
968 Posts
Yes, it didnt to start with but after the driver update it lights up. comes on solid for 5 seconds or so and then goes off. doesnt flicker or anything
Old May 01, 2011, 06:34 AM
Joined May 2009
968 Posts
any ideas anyone? kind of two useless lumps if I can't at least get them to work as "normal" radios...
Old May 02, 2011, 02:20 PM
Joined May 2009
968 Posts
=( .
Old May 04, 2011, 12:41 PM
Joined May 2009
968 Posts
So, problem number 1 was solved with trying it on a different pc using XP.

Problem no.2 still has no solution in sight, I even have the cable and everything... When programing the switches I dont have the option of anything like trainer, only have: NONE, DR (Dual rates) and Throttle cut... so I dont see really how i can do it.

On normal buddy systems how does it work in terms of receiver binding? does it only have to be binded to the master transmitter and when the switch gives control to the slave then the master receiver transmits whatever it gets from the slave via cable (i.e. the slave's "radio" system doesn't do any work)? Or on the other had both transmitters have to be binded to the one receiver? is that even possible?

thanks...

ps. should I go back to hobby king? it is advertised on their page as "Trainer system option."
Old May 04, 2011, 01:27 PM
Joined Apr 2011
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandarra View Post
So, problem number 1 was solved with trying it on a different pc using XP.

Problem no.2 still has no solution in sight, I even have the cable and everything... When programing the switches I dont have the option of anything like trainer, only have: NONE, DR (Dual rates) and Throttle cut... so I dont see really how i can do it.

On normal buddy systems how does it work in terms of receiver binding? does it only have to be binded to the master transmitter and when the switch gives control to the slave then the master receiver transmits whatever it gets from the slave via cable (i.e. the slave's "radio" system doesn't do any work)? Or on the other had both transmitters have to be binded to the one receiver? is that even possible?

thanks...

ps. should I go back to hobby king? it is advertised on their page as "Trainer system option."
Hi
Had problems like this myself until today with DX5e and HP6DSM, different I know. Whilst trying to find an answer i came across a thread that said a normal TV type cable won't work as the pinout is different and needs reversing, something like pin 1 and pin 2 need to be crossed over as 1 is the TX output and the other the TX input. I'll see if I can find it.
When I got mine working, the setup was the training transmitter remains "dead" whilst the main one (which is the one bound to the receiver) is in control. I then hold the training switch on the bound transmitter which gives control to the other (training) transmitter. They get into trouble, I release the training switch and I'm in control again. Hope that helps. Otherwise, are those HK transmitters any good?
Luke2000
Luke2000 is offline Find More Posts by Luke2000
Old May 04, 2011, 01:30 PM
Joined Apr 2011
288 Posts
Found that link on this site.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=438469
That might help!
Luke2000
Old May 04, 2011, 01:52 PM
Joined May 2009
968 Posts
Thanks for the info Luke. The pin issue is not a problem, I can always cut the cable in the middle and make my own connections. The problem is that I dont have a "trainer switch" to assign control to the master or trainer. I only have 2 switches and as far as I can see they are not programable to do trainer on/off... that is the main problem.
Old May 04, 2011, 02:06 PM
Joined May 2009
968 Posts
Think I found the answer to my question here

"The HK-T6A (shown below) only has an output PPM signal, no input, so I am forced to use it as the slave box unless I want to dig around inside it and trace wires."

So, that combined with the fact that on the programing software there is no option to assign one of the switches for this funcion is simply is not possible having it stock...

if I can find where is the PPM IN and OUT I guess i could connect them via an external switch... anyone knows what to look for once we get inside the TX? A shame they dont come with this option out of the box...
Old May 04, 2011, 03:10 PM
Joined Apr 2011
288 Posts
Try here
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1697

Luke
Old May 04, 2011, 03:29 PM
Joined May 2009
968 Posts
Amazing find luke! that is exactly it! searching forums really is a skill on it's own...

I'm going to carefully read through and open one of mine up to see how they compare to the one that guide...

thanks a lot!
Old May 06, 2011, 12:52 PM
Joined Apr 2011
288 Posts
You're welcome.