HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 30, 2011, 07:48 AM
Joined May 2009
79 Posts
Discussion
Wanted: Plans for a F-8 Crusader

Hi Anyone..
I just built a hot wire foam cutter & lay up table! I'm ready build my favorite plane. A F-8 Crusader. I have searched far and wide for any plans that give any kind of dimensions, etc. I have run across a few, but with no dimensions, etc. Can anyone lead me to a Web site, etc that may have plans for one. They can be plans for a balsa,and I can convert dimensions to a foamy. I am a retired carpenter of 45 yrs and have much experience in finish carptentry, so rounded edges, etc will be no problem to figure out,etc.
I did recieve a Hobby advertisment a few weeks ago that had a Mini F-8 Crusader but have since lost the web site.

If the price is reasonable, I could always buy the Mini version, then use its Dimensions to scale up to a larger size. All of my prior kits have been foam, so am used to working with foam,so am starting out with Blue Foam board from Lowes. If one created with blue foam weighs too much , I can always power up to carry the extra weight, etc...

Any help or info will be greately appreciated Fellas!
Thanks..
Swaneyjoe.. Jamestown , Ca
Ps: I was in the Navy on a aircraft carrier in the early 60's, and the most Awesome plane on board was the F-8 Crusader. Have you ever been on an Aircraft carrier and had a F-8 fly by at 100 ft off the deck, 200 yds out off the flite deck at 1000 mph. What an Awesome and overwhelimg experience to see and hear.. WOW!!!!! Especially to see the araura around it as it broke the sound barrier! The F-8 was also known as the Mig "Killer" !
Swaneyjoe is offline Find More Posts by Swaneyjoe
to remove ads between posts