HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Aero Andy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 02:27 AM
ExPat
Spain, Murcia, Mazarrón
Joined Apr 2010
1,600 Posts
Gallery
EPP Spitfire

[
EPP Spitfire (3 min 1 sec)

Photos http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=10

Wingspan 20", AUW 100g with a 2s 360mAh
Motor: 1811 2000kv.
ESC: 6amp plush
Prop: GWS 6x3
Servos: 3.7g
Aero Andy is offline Find More Posts by Aero Andy
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Aero Andy; Dec 12, 2013 at 12:34 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 30, 2011, 08:46 PM
Jack
United States, FL, Hudson
Joined Feb 2010
389 Posts
Good Work Andy

I like it andy. You said she flies well. I'd like to see a Video.

Your a very busy builder.

Jack
pjdog is offline Find More Posts by pjdog
Old May 01, 2011, 12:49 AM
ExPat
Spain, Murcia, Mazarrón
Joined Apr 2010
1,600 Posts
Hi Jack

I love to build as much as I love to fly TBH. Although I've built more recently because the weather's been too crap to fly anything but a kit!!!

I took Rhys's advice, and yesterday added landing gear to the Spitfire, so when the wind stops blowing I'll do a video.

Regards
Andy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Phoenix 2000
Old May 22, 2011, 09:15 PM
Jack
United States, FL, Hudson
Joined Feb 2010
389 Posts
Nice Video Andy. Looked like a good flier!!
pjdog is offline Find More Posts by pjdog
Old May 26, 2011, 12:17 PM
's-Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands
Joined Apr 2006
1,419 Posts
Hi Andy,

Someone said it before and he was true. You have been very productive lately. Your Spitfire is really cruizing along without any problems. She looks good, flies good... You must be very happy with her. I hope your P-40 will turn out to be as good a flyer as the spitfire is.

Robert
Rotatorus is offline Find More Posts by Rotatorus
Old May 26, 2011, 02:21 PM
ExPat
Spain, Murcia, Mazarrón
Joined Apr 2010
1,600 Posts
Thanks Robert, yes I'm really happy with my Spitty. How are you these days, are you still busy with FPV, please let us know how you are getting on.
All the best
Andy
RCG Plus Member
Old May 27, 2011, 01:25 PM
Joined Apr 2006
1,419 Posts
Hi Andy,

I'm doing fine. I received my gear and got to soldering things together. The 1s lipo's are however not charged when they are shipped. Just a very little juice in there. My first trials were therefore not so good. Yes I got image but barely. The capturecard I had bought came without software. I installed some free software from the web but it is a 30 day trial version. By the time my gear arrived and I had set everything up it didn't work anymore. I need to find me some new software to use with this capture card.

Will have a bite and go and check my not so local LHS for some BEC connectors. So I can make a charging wire for the 1s lipo. I seem to have misplaced my special charging gear for 1s lipo's when moving.

If that doesn't do the job I'll put in between a UBEC and try a 2s lipo to get things going.

In the meantime I didn't do much building of the plane. I hope to get to that this weekend. Time however is an issue nowadays.

Robert
Old May 27, 2011, 02:53 PM
ExPat
Spain, Murcia, Mazarrón
Joined Apr 2010
1,600 Posts
Hi Robert

If you need any 1s charging plugs or even a 1s charger, I can post them to you. I have some 1s Eflite lipo leads with plugs on, and an old Parkzone 1s charger, it takes 4 AA batteries, but I've also adapted it to run off the mains electric. It's even got a euro plug on it. Seriously if you need anything, you can have these, after all you helped me out with the canopies.
Just let me know, regards
Andy
RCG Plus Member
Old May 29, 2011, 04:56 PM
Joined Apr 2006
1,419 Posts
Hi Andy,

I have 1s charging wires and I used the charger for my edge to carge my batteries. I only thought of the option of extending the battery powered charger with an extention wire after I posted my previous post. Thanks for the offer though. I would however like to see how you reworked the battery powered charger to be powered from the Net. Do you have a link or can ypou post some pictures? I know this is not really the place to post on that topic but I am interested.

Since I got my 1s lipo's (turnigy) charged, I did get to try out the FPV gear again. It works! . I don't know the range or the time it will play on a charge but we'll try that out later. I also made some progress on the plane. I have added a tailwheel to the fuse. I used my micro citabria tailgear and replaced the small wheel with one of the mains. Tailwheel has been fixed to just steer straight ahead. Rudder will be fixed as well. Ailerons hve been hinghed and the torque rods have been made. Now I need to glue things. Still missing some bec connectors though. maybe tomorrow I'll have some time to buy them...

Robert
Old May 30, 2011, 12:32 AM
ExPat
Spain, Murcia, Mazarrón
Joined Apr 2010
1,600 Posts
Photos
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Aero Andy; Feb 11, 2012 at 09:40 AM.