SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 04, 2012, 09:10 PM
Atlanta, GA
Joined Mar 2009
889 Posts
Sorry about the crash. F-4 Phantoms already have some bad tendencies and your nose heavy construction probably intensified the issue. I had one of the Eflite Phantoms and I was surprised at how easily the wing would stall on low speed banked turns. Good luck with whatever you choose to do. I personally like flying more than building so I usually go with ARF kits. I just recently traded in my Wren 44 turbine for one of their new Wren 75 Jubilee turbine wih 18lbs of thrust. I picked up an old unbuilt DL Aeromodels/Cermark MB-339 that I'll be putting the turbine into. Should be a great flyer.
Double E is offline Find More Posts by Double E
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2012, 01:26 AM
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Aug 2006
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1alonso View Post
Hi

I am finishing my project of this same airplane from YA. I am using jettech tanks and a rabbit. But I am just not sure jet where the CG should go. Can you tell me where do you suggest to be?

thanks
The manual I have fot the Yellow F4 says 7 3/4" to 8 1/4" from the leading edge measured at the root, and that seems right to me. You are wise to use the saddle tanks. Good luck. Please post how it goes. Keen to hear.
GRVW is offline Find More Posts by GRVW